Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have a feeling that if they dont fix this shit, FATEs will be the downfall of this game and lead to alot of people checking out.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I have a feeling that if they dont fix this shit, FATEs will be the downfall of this game and lead to alot of people checking out.
It's not even the fate grinding that gets me... it's the god damn mob culling IN the fates. I can't even see the mobs to target them before they're AOEed dead.

Bruman

Golden Squire
It's really to bad dungeons don't give seals, tired of the fate grinding.
Yeah, risk versus reward is screwed up. They really need to beef up dungeon rewards so it's not just "this thing you must suffer through to finish the story line / GC hunting log".

FATEs have high reward (best exp, tons of seals for gear) and pretty much zero risk (never going to die, can hop in-and-out as desired).

Dungeons have low reward (maybe a piece of gear if you're lucky and something useful drops for you and you win it) and high risk (large time investment, later stuff can be wipe-city if in a pug especially). Their one bonus - potentially better gear - is also negated by how unimportant gear is for most of the game, so that you can ignore it for large gaps and worst case buy whites from vendors/ah or do quests. You don't need dungeon level gear for anything until you start to raid.

Have dungeons give seals and make them have a big exp reward, and they'd be a lot more attractive. As it stands right now, dungeons are much more frustrating and annoying than FATEs, and take 3-4x longer to level - not counting time spent in queues.

It's fucking bad on PS3, no idea what its like on PC.
It's bad.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem is that they acknowledged this in one of the interviews done at PAX maybe? Anyway Yoshida, or whoever, said that they are not going to change shit, its working as intended since FATEs bring people together (community). ROFL!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have dungeons give seals and make them have a big exp reward, and they'd be a lot more attractive. As it stands right now, dungeons are much more frustrating and annoying than FATEs, and take 3-4x longer to level - not counting time spent in queues.
That's kind of funny now that I think about it. I've leveled a lot of my alt classes, and if I were going to level another DPS, in the time it took me to get through a queue I'd likely already have outleveled the dungeon I was queueing for.

So especially for secondary classes, you can level up SUPER fast in FATEs and then get your free AF gear at 45. The only reason you might want to run dungeons is to get a better idea of how your class plays. I'll probably run a few dungeons on a tank class just to get a feel of how they work in this game.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So it probably took longer than if I had called or gotten through to live chat but I just got an email today giving me a new game key to register to my existing early access account.

So glad filling out the form took care of it and I didn't have to jump through hoops.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole DPS stuck in a Queue is all relative to the group size in this game. They way they have is set up is a 1:1 ratio for DPS to Healer and Tank with a group size of 4. Any idiot can figure that shit out. If they made the group size bigger we would not be having the DPS queue problem. Or not as big. Some people are reporting queue times in the hours. This shit just was not thought out properly. Most people just do not want the responsibility of a tank or healer.

Spawn_sl

shitlord
So I submitted a ticket like 2-3 weeks ago, was the first week when all the CE 2nd account bullshit was going on. I did the same and accidentally applied it to a second service account. Never made it through a chat queue and never emailed them again. Last night I get an email saying they've applied my CE to my main account, left the 2nd one open if I want to use it and gave me all my items on my main account.

Took them forever, but I thought that was cool. So now I basically have 2 CE accounts under the same user.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
The whole DPS stuck in a Queue is all relative to the group size in this game. They way they have is set up is a 1:1 ratio for DPS to Healer and Tank with a group size of 4. Any idiot can figure that shit out. If they made the group size bigger we would not be having the DPS queue problem. Or not as big. Some people are reporting queue times in the hours. This shit just was not thought out properly. Most people just do not want the responsibility of a tank or healer.
In 30-40 level range its 30 mins or so for a healer too

ye gilg appears to be open, holy shit its a dead. why the fuck was this server locked? seems like 20 times more people on Faerie. i dont even...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't had any time to play this because school, posting here and Rome Total War, but I am going to be renewing my account and playing casually when I can, so if anyone is in the forum guild on Gilgamesh please don't boot me.

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
There is more than just the solo queue. There is also a Dungeon queue, only so many people can run the dungeon at once. Even with a premade, youre waiting up to 5 minutes now. If its 5 mins per group being accepted into the dungeon, and your the 40th DPS in queue, enjoy your wait.

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
ye gilg appears to be open, holy shit its a dead. why the fuck was this server locked? seems like 20 times more people on Faerie. i dont even...
You won't see many people in the low areas because it takes about 2 hours to get from L1-20. I did L23 to L48 in a single day over the weekend on my monk. No rested exp, but it wasn't my first to 50 so you get a double exp bonus.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You should bring this up in shout in town or a low level area and enjoy being educated on how wrong you are. It's fun!

And FATE grinding is a wonderful example of why you should instance (split) zones that are overcrowded. COMMUNITY, yay! So many fucking people in one spot the mobs won't even load, awesome! Brings back that EQ feeling of being able to walk from ghoul lord to froglok king without seeing a single mob. Good times, good times.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
overcrowded zones for fates blow, but not sure that this was an obvious mistake. With not much time to redo the game and a lot of fucking problems, not sure it makes sense to add a lot of complexity in order to solve a problem that will go away in a few weeks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You should bring this up in shout in town or a low level area and enjoy being educated on how wrong you are. It's fun!

And FATE grinding is a wonderful example of why you should instance (split) zones that are overcrowded. COMMUNITY, yay! So many fucking people in one spot the mobs won't even load, awesome! Brings back that EQ feeling of being able to walk from ghoul lord to froglok king without seeing a single mob. Good times, good times.
Mobs are "loading", you just can't see them. So targetless AOE can still tag them.