Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What they should have done is made the trash mobs drop 1-2 philosophy, and the bosses drop 20-30 mythology a piece. Those numbers may be a bit off, but if at the end of the hour run you have 150-200 philosophy and 50-100 mythology, I think that'd be better balanced.

Gives an incentive to kill the trash and keeps the grind the same. Granted, I'd still rather not do the same dungeon 25-30 times just to gear up in darklight, but this would've been a better solution. The mythology weekly cap still means you can't progress faster than they want anyway.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well at level 50 there is only WP (Phil), the 8m's (Phil) and now only AK for Myth outside of BC.

We should at least attempt to try some of the speed 8m runs for people this weekend. People need to realize speed = not pulling trash and leeroying when we go in though. I'm not in charge of anything in ISIS but if you want to run hop in mumble. I almost always have /busy on and 90% of the time FC chat is off for me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
(there is no mention of iLVL 50-90 having reduced repairs in the notes posted)
Thankfully, they meant level rather than ilvl. Even the ilvl 90 relic+1 still only costs 200 gil at 0% durability, I just verified it myself.

The repair change was a good first step, but there is still a major lack of gil fountains in the game. Having 6 x3 crafting leves a day be the only way to create new gil is nowhere near good enough.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh thank god then Sv, shit I read that and was scared.

The total is going to be roughly 2k which is much better than 5k.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I've got to ask , and it seems very minor , but how the hell do they not have a right click ignore feature built into the chat still? Having to type the name of every spammer into the blacklist seems pre EQ launch functionality.

As an aside did they bring up new NA servers ? I read from the official posts about it they were supposed to then open up new sales. I have some friends who want to pick it up and wondered if new servers thus opening up digital sales has/is going to happen today.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'd hate to be this uber and be so bored because I'm maxed with nothing to do already in less than a month and such a small change makes that big a difference to a 'grind' when this game already had no grind at all.
You mean the pace other people enjoy isn't the same pace that you enjoy? Get the fuck out!

No really, get the fuck out.

You realize there's only one fucking dungeon to run over and over and over? If your 'endgame' is doing the same dungeon for weeks on end then great. But if you'd rather get past that and into the raids, then yes, clearing fucking pointless trash (which actually COSTS YOU MONEY) is going to be something you'll try to avoid. Duh.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just think. You could have played TSW, where the dungeons had 5 bosses with 1-2 trash packs in between each - and most of those you could skip. Greatest mmo ever!

(if it weren't the biggest chore in the history of MMOs to put together a group capable of finishing the dungeon)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
BTW any of you copied over the FFXIV install from one computer to another without issue ? About to wipe my gaming laptop and install 8.1 to test it out some ( I just can't do OS upgrades without a clean install ) from the Technet iso and wondered if it was like most mmo's where you can just copy and drop the folder back in.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got to ask , and it seems very minor , but how the hell do they not have a right click ignore feature built into the chat still? Having to type the name of every spammer into the blacklist seems pre EQ launch functionality.

As an aside did they bring up new NA servers ? I read from the official posts about it they were supposed to then open up new sales. I have some friends who want to pick it up and wondered if new servers thus opening up digital sales has/is going to happen today.
Someone linked the SE website where you can purchase the box and have it sent which is what my friends are waiting on. Its a 5-7 day shipment so keep that in mind but seems to be the solution until they open digitals.

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
Just a helpful note. Since youre going to be clearing trash now. Go ahead and buy sets of lvl 48/49 crafted jewlery and armor to wear while dungeoneering to spiritbind and sell. The performance hit is so minor as long as you continue to use HM primal weapon. This is also a really nice source of cash. Right now you're averaging a couple thousand gil a run doing this, but I'm sure this market will crash soon as well.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Click the name and choose Send Tell. Then click and drag your mouse across the name to highlight it and Ctrl-C to copy. Then you just have to Ctrl-V to paste it into the Blacklist box.

Still nowhere near as good as a click->Ignore feature but tons better than typing names all day long.

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
Right click the name and choose Send Tell. Then click and drag your mouse across the name to highlight it and Ctrl-C to copy. Then you just have to Ctrl-V to paste it into the Blacklist box.

Still nowhere near as good as a click->Ignore feature but tons better than typing names all day long.
I just have a town tab with shouts and yells turned off. Blisting 5 people every I reenter town is too much of a hassle.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Why does everyone talk about HAVING to run AK over and over to get a full set of Darklight? I've read several reports that state that's completely wrong. And dumb.

Yeah, more gear helps, sure, but plenty of people say you can get by with just a few for HM Primals and starting Coil (which gives better gear).

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
Why does everyone talk about HAVING to run AK over and over to get a full set of Darklight? I've read several reports that state that's completely wrong. And dumb.

Yeah, more gear helps, sure, but plenty of people say you can get by with just a few for HM Primals and starting Coil (which gives better gear).
You kind of need to right now because there are a lot of servers without decent raiding guild. People are saying you need Darklight because of that.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm curious what triggers open the doors in AK.
For the first run there is a barrier, I assume the last pack opens that, but we cleared everything so no idea.

Boards are saying for the 2nd door to open you need to kill all the gargoyles. Which would make sense since by the time we made it to the door it was allready opened.
For the last door, they are saying clear all the Succubi.

Full group of Relic equipped cleared it in 23 min. but were getting instant AK que pops now. So instead of waiting for a 15-20 que to allow our group into AK, it takes longer to clear ak now.
So honestly about the same.

We also got about 3k in gold, from the chests.

I'm real curuous how people are still speed running this effectively if you need to clear certain mobs that are all over the stages to open the doors.