Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or maybe I want to experience content with the rest of the FC as opposed to running AK mindlessly for the next month? You view it as me being selfish, I view it as the game placing gigantic cock blocks to grouping up with people you know.

Looks like /shout is ratelimited now as a way to combat spammers. Maybe yell and say too.
From what it sounded like, it's only for identical messages. The spammers just add 1 character to each message and can continue on. Or alternate messages. I dunno.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No gems, no enchants, mostly quest gear, doesn't bother to cap valor - fuck every one of those guys.

But also fuck running AK 74 times without trash skipping. If that's what it takes, then don't do it and just hold off on raiding or stuff like HM Titan or whatever unless you get a group willing to carry you. Wait for them to come up with a better way to farm up gear. Just run the 8 a week to cap your myth tomes or whatever. Run as many as you can stand, but do try to get those 8 in I would think because you'd regret not doing it later.

Sean_sl

shitlord
No gems, no enchants, mostly quest gear, doesn't bother to cap valor - fuck every one of those guys.

But also fuck running AK 74 times without trash skipping. If that's what it takes, then don't do it. Wait for them to come up with something else. Just run the 8 a week to cap your myth tomes or whatever. Run as many as you can stand, but do try to get those 8 in I would think.
It should still be possible to run like Castrum/Praetorum or whatever in 20-25 minutes for 100. If that's faster now then people should be doing that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Your post comes off like a douchebag who just wants raid loot and doesn't want to put in the time and effort they should beforehand to raid. I have seen many of those people in my day and I hate every fucking one of them. Could you survive in BC with half a set of Darklight? Yes. Should youstopfarming Darklight and hope to fill the rest of the slots with it? No. You should keep going until you have it regardless of if you're going to be in BC or not, because every little bit helps.
Darklight healer gear in the accessory slots is spell speed trash. Fuck even spending a minute farming that shit, let alone the NEW & IMPROVED Amdapor Keep.

P.S. The afk kick they put in doesn't happen if you open the crafting log and are kneeling with the workbench out. I went afk like that for 90 minutes just now and I'm still online.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Or maybe I want to experience content with the rest of the FC as opposed to running AK mindlessly for the next month? You view it as me being selfish, I view it as the game placing gigantic cock blocks to grouping up with people you know.

From what it sounded like, it's only for identical messages. The spammers just add 1 character to each message and can continue on. Or alternate messages. I dunno.
So you want to do the same shit without putting in the work that other people did, gotcha. Confirmed dick.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So you want to do the same shit without putting in the work that other people did, gotcha. Confirmed dick.
"Work" is relative now, isn't it... since AK speed runs to gear up are what "other people did" and now that isn't even possible.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This was the intended design though. Several days /played worth of dungeon grinding for entry level raid gearing. You aren't saying SE did something wrong, are you? Because if so, we're going to have problems sir. I dare say, you may wish to go back to wow, fgt. Next you'll just ask for the game to give you a max level character with every piece of loot for free. (Typing that makes me vomit - but that is all you will hear if you try to complain about any of this for at least another six months from lv20s who think "the game should be hard" and "you should have taken your time and enjoyed the game like me")

But seriously, sploits are the reward you get for playing the game as much as possible an getting there first. Shit like this is expected.

Sean_sl

shitlord
"Work" is relative now, isn't it... since AK speed runs to gear up are what "other people did" and now that isn't even possible.
You can do runs of the 100 Philosophy token dungeons instead. Though, now that AK gives 150 tokens (instead of 80), it might still be worth clearing it over doing that even with having to killsometrash.

That's 40 runs of AK now instead of 74, btw.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sploits are the reward you get for playing the game as much as possible to get there early.
From the "Quotable Kreugen", FFXIV, A Realm Reborn thread; Page 149, post #8887.

But seriously, bitching someone else wants to skip some content when shortcuts were taken to get through the content faster seems pretty uneven for an arguement.
"I sploited to run faster to get gear faster, but you need to run the exact same amount of runs I did but can't sploit through them".

Are you saying the same amount of time needs to be put in, or the same amount of effort, or the same amount of runs?
If it's runs, then it's going to take 5 times longer.
If it's time, they're going to put in 1/4 the amount of runs.
If it's effort, then yeah, fine whatever.

Sean_sl

shitlord
But they don't need to run the exact same amount of runs, Ao, because they almost doubled the token drop. Your argument is invalid.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Mythology is 50. It was posted a couple pages back.

So Myth from 40 to 50 and Philosophy from 80 to 150. Plus there's actual gold drops in the zone now, people were saying they got 3k from a chest.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I completely understand that the people who were wiping and doing the bleeding edge stuff first would resent people showing up and wanting phat lewts right away, but at the same time I think the gearing up process is sounding pretty goddamn stupid and just wards off all but those bleeding edge folks who were level 50 in half a week anyway. I work between 52 and 70 hours a week right now, and try to have a semblance of a social life, so I'm basically a casual fgt in the mid 40s right now. Hearing that I'm going to be running 50-some runs of new and improved longer edition AK is kind of buzzkilling the game for me. It just feels so stupidly grindy and repetitive. It's like, is run #35 going to make me a better player than run #10? What they really should have done is had something like 10+ dungeons at the endgame -even tuning hard modes for older dungeons like haukke manor or brayflax- so that people had a variety of options and it didn't turn into grinding a single dungeon 70+ times so people could meet the gearcheck for the real endgame. That's the kind of crap I hate: mindless repetition and token farming that equates to time invested in poopsocking over any notion of player skill.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah well most of us have a disdain for a piece of shit game that makes you run the same dungeon 74 (by your count) times in order to be deemed raid worthy. That is fucking shitty design no matter how you spin it. You should have to run the dungeon and collect gear from that dungeon to become raid-ready, not farm some bullshit. IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Mythology is 50. It was posted a couple pages back.

So Myth from 40 to 50 and Philosophy from 80 to 150. Plus there's actual gold drops in the zone now, people were saying they got 3k from a chest.
Having run it multiple times today, I can say this:

Treasure chests drop 7x Bronze (100gil) pieces for two people.

Philosophy is a little higher (counting every boss; last gives 50).
Mythology is still 40.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah well most of us have a disdain for a piece of shit game that makes you run the same dungeon 74 (by your count) times in order to be deemed raid worthy. That is fucking shitty design no matter how you spin it. You should have to run the dungeon and collect gear from that dungeon to become raid-ready, not farm some bullshit. IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT.
I also complained and said it's extreme bullshit quite a few times when I first started going at it and got dismissed at some poopsocker who beat the game too fast. It's shitty design and I've never said it's anything but shitty design.

But when you want to do raids you either deal with shitty design or you don't raid. You don't raid to collect loot and "lulz replace my greens". You raid to beat content. You're a piece of shit if it's all about the loot and you don't care about putting in the effort to win.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I also complained and said it's extreme bullshit quite a few times when I first started going at it and got dismissed at some poopsocker who beat the game too fast. It's shitty design and I've never said it's anything but shitty design.
Nobody can say you didnt bitch, because I specifically remember it.

Spawn_sl

shitlord
So from this post and this part specifically:http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...54#post1247254

For Worlds that remain crowded despite these measures, and for those players who have been unable to create characters on their desired Worlds due to congestion, we will be introducing a World transfer service. Please keep in mind, however, that if you choose to move to a highly populated World, you are more likely to encounter the login restrictions described above?choosing to transfer to a less-populated World may prove to be the best choice for your gameplay experience.
It might be possible for those of us on Marlboro to join the main FC on Gilg if it opens up. Not that there are many of us think there is like 25 total in the FC. But it'd be nice to join you guys and not start over.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For some reason Wal-Mart had two copies sitting on a shelf today so I'm finally going to be able to get going on this game everyone is already done with.

Excelsior!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
You mean the pace other people enjoy isn't the same pace that you enjoy? Get the fuck out!

No really, get the fuck out.

You realize there's only one fucking dungeon to run over and over and over? If your 'endgame' is doing the same dungeon for weeks on end then great. But if you'd rather get past that and into the raids, then yes, clearing fucking pointless trash (which actually COSTS YOU MONEY) is going to be something you'll try to avoid. Duh.
Relax chief. No one is telling you 'how' to play. Looks like a question was asked, that's about it. It's still pretty clear most of the mmo community is a GOGOGO thing anymore, not that I wish everything back to the old days.

Of course I realize it's one dungeon; that's the SOP of most games being released.. you know, as in a typical industry standard?

How many mmos do you remember opening with a shitload of endgame dungeons at launch or at the least, already to go for people who maxed the game outone year agoand basically are doing just that for the last two weeks?