Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why does everyone talk about HAVING to run AK over and over to get a full set of Darklight? I've read several reports that state that's completely wrong. And dumb.

Yeah, more gear helps, sure, but plenty of people say you can get by with just a few for HM Primals and starting Coil (which gives better gear).
I asked in the ISIS FC last week whether I should spend my philosophy on relic or darklight first. In my mind, it made more sense to get the weapon since armor is pretty meaningless. I got a unanimous "you must get darklight" because otherwise you won't survive Titan. I've been reading a lot of people posting about Titan though, and it sounds like the AK gear is sufficient. So I don't know if it's just the people here are too afraid of wiping on Titan or what, but I'm basically stuck in having to grind out darklight pieces.

I'm all about the path of least resistance though. So if I can somehow manage to finish Titan without running AK 59 more times, I'll do it. If I can survive BC with half a set of AK gear and hopefully upgrade to ilvl 90 gear, why waste my time? It all just depends on whether people like Sean are going to flip their shit about carrying me if I didn't waste 40 hours running the same dungeon over and over.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You CAN run BC and titan in greens but if your dps is slow mana is an issue on titan in greens. When I first went in we were in 90% greens and had to auto attack during P1 just to be able to LB3 the heart =p Not even kidding, but again that was with GC weaps for most in our pug LS crew that went.

I would 100% get a weapon first. Titan can be cheesed with 3 healers or done with high dps and 2 healers if you arent that geared and it works just fine. (I did him both ways)

Personally I didnt go weapon first because I knew I was going to main a tank or bard since our FC only had one bard at the point to 50.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why is everyone in a such a damn hurry, anyway?
Because you need 5010 Philosophy tokens for full Darklight + 900 for your Relic weapon. That was 74 runs of AK.Seventy fucking Four. Of course people are going to try to cut down the time needed to do that as much as possible, no sane person wants to run the same shitty dungeon over and over again that much. No one likes clearing trash to such an insane degree.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm all about the path of least resistance though. So if I can somehow manage to finish Titan without running AK 59 more times, I'll do it. If I can survive BC with half a set of AK gear and hopefully upgrade to ilvl 90 gear, why waste my time? It all just depends on whether people like Sean are going to flip their shit about carrying me if I didn't waste 40 hours running the same dungeon over and over.
Making yourself more of a liability to a raid than you need to be makes you an asshole. If you died because you ate some unavoidable damage and would lived with 5 more hp, guess what? Fuck you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You CAN run BC and titan in greens but if your dps is slow mana is an issue on titan in greens. When I first went in we were in 90% greens and had to auto attack during P1 just to be able to LB3 the heart =p Not even kidding, but again that was with GC weaps for most in our pug LS crew that went.

I would 100% get a weapon first. Titan can be cheesed with 3 healers or done with high dps and 2 healers if you arent that geared and it works just fine. (I did him both ways)

Personally I didnt go weapon first because I knew I was going to main a tank or bard since our FC only had one bard at the point to 50.
Fuck it then. My goal is relic weapon tomorrow then. Think I have about 800 philosophy tokens at the moment.

And Sean, it sounds like you're basically wanting me to min-max early end game. That just sounds like a colossal waste of time. Sure, I could go out and find some vitality III materia and socket a bunch of crafted armor too, just for those few extra hp. But that's being ridiculous.

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
hahahaa

FUCK YOU, killing me..

on another note I didn't know I had done that many. But I've got full darklight + +1 + darklight on my monk. Yeah hmm. I've done AK alot.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
Someone linked the SE website where you can purchase the box and have it sent which is what my friends are waiting on. Its a 5-7 day shipment so keep that in mind but seems to be the solution until they open digitals.
Naoki_Yoshida_sl said:
- Resumption of Digital Game Sales

In the most recent phase of improvements, we have focused on expanding server capacity along with adding additional Worlds and instance servers to increase the total number of players that can access the game.

This weekend, we will be monitoring server stability, keeping a close eye on the number of simultaneous logins, instances, and use of the duty finder. If all goes well, we plan to resume digital sales for each region.
i read this as digital sales likely to resume this weekend.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Fuck it then. My goal is relic weapon tomorrow then. Think I have about 800 philosophy tokens at the moment.

And Sean, it sounds like you're basically wanting me to min-max early end game. That just sounds like a colossal waste of time. Sure, I could go out and find some vitality III materia and socket a bunch of crafted armor too, just for those few extra hp. But that's being ridiculous.
Min-maxing for Titan? No. For BC? Absolutely you should. Showing up with ilvl60 greens and hoping to score ilvl90 loot? Do you realize how much of adickthat makes you sound like? Hell, no one has even beaten the zone yet, because the content is not exactly easy.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Still waiting for them to open up Digital Download so I can jump in. Servers still a shit show, or did they clear most of it up?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe you just read my post wrong. I asked in the FC what I should do first. The weapon, to me, seemed like it'd be a priority. But I was told in the FC that I absolutely wouldn't survive the Titan fight without full Darklight. That doesn't really appear to be the case. As a DPS class, it makes more sense to get a weapon first that'll allow me to do more damage. Running Garuda it was a marked difference in how fast we killed stuff when just one person upgraded from Ifrit to Garuda weapon. So it seems the same would be the case with relic.

I didn't say I wanted to just get relic and start running BC. I just wanted to know what the priority should be. My only comment about BC was if I can still survive with half a set of Darklight (not none), it'd be a better use of time to go that route. I wasn't saying that's what I was going to do, just that if it's possible, I will.

I asked in the ISIS FC last week whether I should spend my philosophy on relic or darklight first. In my mind, it made more sense to get the weapon since armor is pretty meaningless. I got a unanimous "you must get darklight" because otherwise you won't survive Titan. I've been reading a lot of people posting about Titan though, and it sounds like the AK gear is sufficient. So I don't know if it's just the people here are too afraid of wiping on Titan or what, but I'm basically stuck in having to grind out darklight pieces.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Your post comes off like a douchebag who just wants raid loot and doesn't want to put in the time and effort they should beforehand to raid. I have seen many of those people in my day and I hate every fucking one of them. Could you survive in BC with half a set of Darklight? Yes. Should youstopfarming Darklight and hope to fill the rest of the slots with it? No. You should keep going until you have it regardless of if you're going to be in BC or not, because every little bit helps.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Getting real fucking sick of getting a fate thats half done or less and it finishing before a single goddamn npc i can hit loads.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hey, I just have a particular disdain for people who just want to show up to collect loot instead of wanting to show to actually beat the content. Comes with having been an officer in a raiding for for a decade. You grow to hate those people and anyone who might be those people. They are only out for themselves and care nothing for the people playing with them.