Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/

Sub fees are all the way at the bottom under service fees.

Membership Tier - Subscription Length - Monthly Price -Max Characters per Server - Max Characters
Entry - 30 days - $12.99 - 1 - 8
Standard - 30 days - $14.99 - 8 - 40
- 90 days - $13.99
- 180 days - $12.99

edit: Tried to line everything up but it ain't working. You get the idea.

Bruman

Golden Squire
This is a logical fallacy in itself because nothing with this game is easy to find on any of square enix's website. Plus it's all blocked at work.
Yeah a quick google anytime over the past month is tough to do. Speaking of logical fallacies, you moved the goal posts by saying "Well it's blocked at work".

You're calling out a game/company as "shady as FUCK" having put in zero effort to find it out, acting like they're trying to hide it or be subversive, when it's just flat out not true.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And where have you been? Stuck in EvE?

ALL the mmos in the last five years have been dogshit.
What the fuck are you even talking about anymore? The topic was "running one trash-filled dungeon over and over for dozens of hours as the only valid option to gear for raiding" Was that Rift? TOR? TSW? EQ2? WOW? EQ? No, just FF14.

I don't even think you realize what you were even arguing.

I can't speak for hello kitty online or korean mmo port 3242 but the answer to your original question is no, I have not played another MMO where I was stuck running one dungeon for 50 hours in order to gear for the one raid.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I honestly had no idea the story quest went from lvl46 req to lvl49 req. Now I get 2.5 levels of just grinding shit out. Holy fuck is that stupid as shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's some quests that unlock at 47 or so, check Waking Sands. But yeah there's one level of FATE grind. Shit takes a whooping 1.5hours at most, not the end of the world really, plus it gives you seals and shit which you can use to buy a lvl 50 GC weapon or what not if you've been skipping FATEs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Early 40s you can still do Coerthas, or can move to Mor Dhona, and once 43-44 you definitely want to head to Northern Thalanan. FATE grinding is insanely fast though, I always find weird people complain because ONCE on the way to 50 they have to farm for about ONE HOUR. Even I who's not a big fan of grinding didn't give a fuck because it's so short plus if you haven't farmed FATEs in that zone, it's still new content(albeit boring ad shit content). And the difference between grinding the shitty boring bear ass quests or grinding boring ass FATEs doesn't really exist, it's the same fucking shit. You kill mobs for a few seconds then you get a reward. There's just no NPCs to turn in/grab quest and there's about a billion people "helping" you on the quest.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Some fates end so fast with so many people that you can barely even get a few hits in unless you are there within the first 15 seconds of the initial rush. Culling issues don't help either.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I thnk doing FATEs today is definitely not what it was a few weeks ago. Now those zones in that link up there have literally 200+ people rushing to every fate and even if you arrive 30 seconds late, youre fucked (1K exp) so IMO its not all that. Even if youre in a group its not any better, or at least not that I have noticed. The shit is hit or miss now with more and more people doing them at the 30+ range. I can guarantee you you wont be getting one level every hour.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Try to form a group around the right classes. 2-3 healers, 2-4 ae spamming classes, 1tank and 1 melee. Ask them if they are getting bad culling, if so, port to another area. There are more areas with fates then just the popular places. And you'll find out the culling issues disappear along with overcrowding. Given these issues "the best areas for FATES" becomes very subjective to how many people are running them at a given point in the day.

Aleport is really awesome 15-20 but only during offhours when timmy is asleep and isnt blindly following these guides. Go to drybone and suddenly fates last longer then a minute allowing you to get to them and throw off a few spells. Now drybone is way better because you're actually able to get to the fates before they dry up. Its not like this in ALL zones at all times, it seems like that because 90% of the people out there are just sticking to what worked best for the front runners.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
N. Thanalen sucks. Mor Dhana and Coerthalas are great (to a point).

Saban_sl

shitlord
This game could use scaling crafting gear, unlock it at 50 so you don't have to constantly try and remember what crafting gear you are still using or not.

Edit: Or have items in the armory tell you what sets they are saved to.