Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Bruman

Golden Squire
Mythology is 50. It was posted a couple pages back.

So Myth from 40 to 50 and Philosophy from 80 to 150. Plus there's actual gold drops in the zone now, people were saying they got 3k from a chest.
I was asking people on SA about this, and everyone basically said "uh, no". Are we talking about the same thing - running AK? Did you run it yourself, or have a different source?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was asking people on SA about this, and everyone basically said "uh, no". Are we talking about the same thing - running AK? Did you run it yourself, or have a different source?
That's what was posted by someone in the thread earlier. I guess they were wrong? Nehrak did post that there's an increased drop a couple posts up, but it's not quite that much.

Column_sl

shitlord
Mythology is 50. It was posted a couple pages back.

So Myth from 40 to 50 and Philosophy from 80 to 150. Plus there's actual gold drops in the zone now, people were saying they got 3k from a chest.
O no, its still the same. I was just saying I thought they should raise the limit up abit from, 80 to 150

Bruman

Golden Squire
That's what was posted by someone in the thread earlier. I guess they were wrong? Nehrak did post that there's an increased drop a couple posts up, but it's not quite that much.
Are you talking about this post:

So my group did Ak at server up.

Changes are as follow.

1) Mobs run at super speed
2) Thy added packs to the safe zones before the boss
3) Cant cross barrier until all mobs are dead

Also raise the myth ,and phys stones rewards slightly to fit the normal clearing of AK.

Say 50 myth stones, and 150 phy stones.
Because he was saying it as a suggestion to even out the change - not that it happened.

Edit: beaten, heh.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
One thing they really need to do is put myth on Wanderer's Palace as well. Couldn't really tell what they changed in there for anti-speed running if anything, but the Philosophy drops seemed the same. The treasure chests there were giving out 7x bronze to one person (AK was giving out to two people).

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
It'd be nice if they added a challenge system similar to levequests (and i think guildhests?) where you get a bonus for:
-difficulty level
-speed

and awarded bonus mtomes or ptomes upon completion.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
How many mmos do you remember opening with a shitload of endgame dungeons at launch or at the least, already to go for people who maxed the game outone year agoand basically are doing just that for the last two weeks?
Uh, every MMO that I've ever played, actually. Although I'm counting "More than one" as "a shitload" since really, two is like, 100% better than 1.

I don't know what kind of dogshit MMOs you've been playing that you think such a small amount of content is normal.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Greens? He should be so lucky. I'm wearing my starting clothes, I take gil rewards for everything except bows.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also complained and said it's extreme bullshit quite a few times when I first started going at it and got dismissed at some poopsocker who beat the game too fast. It's shitty design and I've never said it's anything but shitty design.

But when you want to do raids you either deal with shitty design or you don't raid. You don't raid to collect loot and "lulz replace my greens". You raid to beat content. You're a piece of shit if it's all about the loot and you don't care about putting in the effort to win.
I don't think I'll raid, it's sad.. but if they don't change it for the next tier of raiding then what's the point.

Anyways, I did call you a poopsocker, but I used it as a term of endearment because I was jealous that I can't play that much. I'm an ex-poopsocker looking for a fix of... poopsock.. i guess.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's wearing off rather fast for me.
Same, not sure if its work picking up - football being back, or what... but I think I'm done. Great game up to 50 and the week or so after that, but I just don't have the time/desire to keep up. Still the best MMO I've played in the past 2-3 years easily for me, I just don't have any time to play now that the rush to 50 is over. Still have 20 days or so of free time though, so might roll in every now and then to goof off.

Also, GTA V comes out in a matter of days, followed by Fifa.

spronk

FPS noob
game is fine if you are casual. if you play 1-2 hours a day, you can pug one AK or WP a day and not even hit weekly caps and slowly build up gear. You aren't going to be raiding coil until 2.1, so just take your time and enjoy. AK is eminently puggable and takes around an hour to clear, fine for casual playtime. Your goals are leveling all the jobs/profs you want to 50, building your relic weapon on whichever classes you want, slowly building up your T2/AF+1 gear, and farming gil for housing. The biggest challenge you will have is doing HM Titan, but just have to do it once per relic weapon.

2.1's real raid, 24 man crystal tower, will be duty finderable so it should be much more puggable and just the fact that its 24 man will mean guilds will have to be bigger in their raid teams. The 8 man coil right now is just a sop to keep a few hardcore around, but realistically most will long have moved on before 2.1 comes out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Laws of MMOs:

Everyone who levels faster than me is a no life loser who is rushing to the end and having no fun at all and ruining it for everyone else.
Everyone who levels slower than me is a casual bad that thinks they are entitled to everything because they have less free time to spend on a video game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All suited up and ready to raid, coach!

rrr_img_43339.jpg

I only ask for rotting loots and whatever loot Sean wants.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know we have some basic stuff in the other threads within the FF14 forum, but is there a website that has detailed information? Sort of like how you could go to Elitist Jerks a long time ago to find information that was actually useful? Rotations, what materia you should be using with which class to maximize etc. etc. etc. ??

Oh, and its hard not to feel both sides of the issue when it comes to Seans point of view and Kreugens point of view. No one in their right mind wants to run any content that many times, yet anyone that has taken the time to do that doesnt want to feel cheated by someone else that skips that time sink.