Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Needless

Toe Sucker
Keugen Team Status: Demoted to C-Team
Reason: Buttfart death.

Admittedly, i've died doing the conjurer's level 25 storyline quest.
*sniffle*

Bruman

Golden Squire
Is the time to max level the same 40-60ish hours?
Your first class will probably be something like that, if you're doing the storyline, filling in exp with solo quests and fate grinding. Further classes supposedly go quicker with the exp boost, using any other quests still not done and more fate grinding.

spronk

FPS noob
the problem is your leveling time is heavily influenced by how many other players are around. Too few, and you won't be able to effectively grind fates. Too many, and you won't get enough XP per hour (missing fates, not enough contrib, etc). Dungeon queues are also much better during the daytime, even for premade groups (instaQ during day, 30-60 min waits for FULL PREMADE in eves). Its literally half the time or even better to level if you play during the day time vs in the evening.

Its going to be a horrible mess in six months for new players, and already on ghost servers I can imagine it being god awful.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea ~ Syncing is legitimately the only thing that really kills me in this game.
I don't know. I think the AK queues will be the death of this game if they don't get something figured out in the next week. No one is going to pay a subscription to sit in a dungeon queue for an hour.

It's poor timing that subs will be coming up shortly, and the AK queues are at their worst.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Dungeon queues are also much better during the daytime, even for premade groups (instaQ during day, 30-60 min waits for FULL PREMADE in eves). Its literally half the time or even better to level if you play during the day time vs in the evening.
It's important to note that you're talking about ONE specific dungeon (Ampadoor Keep). Or at least, I assume you are. We run other stuff during the evening and never had the "reserving instance" issue that AK, and AK alone, has. Even on other popular "endgame grind" raids that we don't fully premake (like castrum and ifrit), there's no "reserving instance" wait time.

On that note, that's fucked up. Do they have like...one server / vm per instance, and it has a max load? Heh. It's such a weird system.

Needless

Toe Sucker
One thing that kind of bothers me, in terms of longevity of the game is: Forced instances to progress the storyline.
Say you start 2 years from now when the game is slow, and the lower level characters aren't as sparse. Suddenly you can't queue up for that Ifrit fight unless you get your friends to sync down and do it with you?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think they cap the number of instances per dungeon. So say the cap for the server group is 500 per dungeon. AK has 1000 groups waiting for it, however. But the other dungeons only have maybe 200 per dungeon. So everyone else gets instant queues, but AK you've got to wait for people to clear out.

If that's actually the case, it's fucking retarded. They should just pool them all. There's wasted capacity. And honestly, I don't see how it could be anything other than this due to how the queues are working.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their individual caps only work if there's more than one source for mythology. There isn't.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Keugen Team Status: Demoted to C-Team
Reason: Buttfart death.

Admittedly, i've died doing the conjurer's level 25 storyline quest.
*sniffle*
It was quite sad. I walked up to the horde of people attacking *something* in north thanalananlan, and then this chimera thing appears out of nowhere and I'm standing in a red cone coming out its butt and I instantly die. Sigh.

Saban_sl

shitlord
It was quite sad. I walked up to the horde of people attacking *something* in north thanalananlan, and then this chimera thing appears out of nowhere and I'm standing in a red cone coming out its butt and I instantly die. Sigh.
The Eyes Have It in Coerthas is bad for that too, especially since the oneshot ability has no red ring, gotta watch for the cast bar.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
And seriously, there's fucking12non-level 50 dungeons that people do *once* (and not even that for the optional ones with some people). If they had half a brain between their development team they'd have slapped level 50 coats of paint on them for launch. It's pretty inexcusable that they wasted that much content.
Not that we are living in the same time period or anything, but how many years did it take WoW to do this?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not that we are living in the same time period or anything, but how many years did it take WoW to do this?
Typical but unrealistic response to this is "Yeah, but they are not competing with wow from 2004, they are competing with wow form 2013!!"

Not the same thing because WoW launched with more than one end game dungeon.
This game has 2 lv50 4 man dungeons, 2 Lv50 8 man dungeons, and a 8 man raid dungeon. Oh and all the hardmode primal fights. It also has a "epic weapon" quest at lv 50.

Its just that only some give the stupid tokens, or some more than others. which is why only one is being ran right now. Dumb decision by squeenix.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is it a reasonable request to be able to send somebody a tell in a "duty" for 2.1? It is 2013 afterall
frown.png

Maybe... maybe even the ability to talk to somebody while mounted?

Square plz ;_;

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Is it a reasonable request to be able to send somebody a tell in a "duty" for 2.1? It is 2013 afterall
frown.png

Maybe... maybe even the ability to talk to somebody while mounted?

Square plz ;_;
You can't send tells to people in duty because they dont want to foster the atmosphere where players can be rude and insulting to others who are not as experienced.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can't send tells to people in duty because they dont want to foster the atmosphere where players can be rude and insulting to others who are not as experienced.
Huh? That does not make sense since you still have party chat to insult as much as you want. Unless Im misunderstanding you.