Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Bruman

Golden Squire
Huh? That does not make sense since you still have party chat to insult as much as you want. Unless Im misunderstanding you.
You did not misunderstand him, and it does not make sense. But it's SE's reasoning none-the-less. We're probably luck you can still have FC chat in a duty. You also can't trade in a duty because "fill in god knows why here" reason.

Along with "you can't mail alts anything" to stop hacking/gold sellers....yet zero spam prevention tools, and no easy right click -> report spam option.

They didn't really think things through.

Sidhe

<Banned>
Stop spreading your horrible lies! Ifrit and the other hardmode primals are totally valid sources!
Not sure if you meant this as a joke, but this is actually what we've been doing. If AK is a 45 minute queue and a 25 minute run for 40 myths, or we can knock out Garuda in 8 minutes for 7 myths, we just spam Garudas and get weapons for more people/off classes.

E: Who am I kidding, we get 7 bows in a row.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You did not misunderstand him, and it does not make sense. But it's SE's reasoning none-the-less. We're probably luck you can still have FC chat in a duty. You also can't trade in a duty because "fill in god knows why here" reason.

Along with "you can't mail alts anything" to stop hacking/gold sellers....yet zero spam prevention tools, and no easy right click -> report spam option.

They didn't really think things through.
The trade thing makes perfect sense, can you even trade in cross server LFG in wow? And I mean, that's why it makes sense, it's cross server. With Legacy servers. Being able to trade means you can set it up so you eventually end up with your legacy buddy, then they sell you a ton of shit for cheap that's on their server, you buy them for more than they're worth, and sell them on your server for profit. It's just a mess with the economy. You should be able to trade shit that drops but that's about it. I think mailing alts is just to prevent people mailing themselves 150 mails full of random crap like everyone does in every mmo when they run out of bank space. I don't think it does shit for gold sellers. The only part that does is how you can only mail to friends but that's unrelated. They completely fucked up the report feature though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It was quite sad. I walked up to the horde of people attacking *something* in north thanalananlan, and then this chimera thing appears out of nowhere and I'm standing in a red cone coming out its butt and I instantly die. Sigh.
Ok, it's got a pretty wide one-shot dragons breath thing with no marker also, right?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Chimera is one of the "raid" FATEs, it's meant for a lot of people, like the Ochu in East Shroud, Cancer in Costa del Sol, Savra in Coerthas etc. It's probably the hardest FATE, not that it means much, it has a fuckton of aoe, some without markers, and almost all of them instantly kill leveling gear people or drop them to 10% with a dot on. Like most of FFXIV bosses though, it does literally nothing to you if you're ranged. It gives like 30k xp and a pet if you get gold so well worth doing(the xp, not the pet), just get a group and tag it so even if you die you still get gold(unless your whole group dies too).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lol, as if you can attack a FATE from ranged.

"Hey why are all these people standing around in a big pile, and why do I hear combat sounds?"

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I think they cap the number of instances per dungeon. So say the cap for the server group is 500 per dungeon. AK has 1000 groups waiting for it, however. But the other dungeons only have maybe 200 per dungeon. So everyone else gets instant queues, but AK you've got to wait for people to clear out.

If that's actually the case, it's fucking retarded. They should just pool them all. There's wasted capacity. And honestly, I don't see how it could be anything other than this due to how the queues are working.
It's to keep the instance servers from being flooded with AK instances. Say the overall # of duty that can be run is 10,000 (made up number) across the 6 servers in the duty group before the Instace Server starts crashing - on Mondays/Tuesdays/after Myth reset when everyone is trying to run AK it will prevent non level 50s from doing their dungeons or story quests. So they cap the number of instances that one dungeon can generate.

AK should definitely get a bigger share of the overall instance pool than the other dungeons but I'm sure they want to gather more data on dungeon trends before making that decision.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see why they'd need to cap certain dungeons though. Why should certain players get priority? Just because they're trying a lower level dungeon? Aren't we all customers?

Not only that, but AK is technically a story dungeon. So people running it the first time are getting screwed there as well. In fact, it's really a multi-function dungeon. Story, grand company, relic, myth source, philosophy farming. They really kind of fucked up with making it a one stop shop for everything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they need to solve the technical issues once and for all. They should be containing all the instances with 10-15% to spare for truly busy nights/days. Again amateur hour. Whats the use of having instances in the first place if you are still waiting in line for a hour or two? The shit is only going to get worse once more of the "core" peeps start hitting cap. And the only end game is instanced.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn it SE, why can't I level my chocobo while waiting in the dooty finder? /stupid

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I don't see why they'd need to cap certain dungeons though. Why should certain players get priority? Just because they're trying a lower level dungeon? Aren't we all customers?

Not only that, but AK is technically a story dungeon. So people running it the first time are getting screwed there as well. In fact, it's really a multi-function dungeon. Story, grand company, relic, myth source, philosophy farming. They really kind of fucked up with making it a one stop shop for everything.
The current story ends at Praetorium - never have to go to AK. Unless you are counting Relic or the GC rank up quest as story.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Chimera is one of the "raid" FATEs, it's meant for a lot of people, like the Ochu in East Shroud, Cancer in Costa del Sol, Savra in Coerthas etc. It's probably the hardest FATE, not that it means much, it has a fuckton of aoe, some without markers, and almost all of them instantly kill leveling gear people or drop them to 10% with a dot on. Like most of FFXIV bosses though, it does literally nothing to you if you're ranged. It gives like 30k xp and a pet if you get gold so well worth doing(the xp, not the pet), just get a group and tag it so even if you die you still get gold(unless your whole group dies too).
I'm talking about the Chimergorgera thinger (same thing)?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Typical but unrealistic response to this is "Yeah, but they are not competing with wow from 2004, they are competing with wow form 2013!!"

This game has 2 lv50 4 man dungeons, 2 Lv50 8 man dungeons, and a 8 man raid dungeon. Oh and all the hardmode primal fights. It also has a "epic weapon" quest at lv 50.

Its just that only some give the stupid tokens, or some more than others. which is why only one is being ran right now. Dumb decision by squeenix.
You are retarded for considering Castrum and Praetorum "dungeons". And considering that Wanderer's Palace is a worthless place you should probably never run more than once it shouldn't be counted in the list of "End game" content.

AK + Coil + Primals is absolutely nothing compared to what WoW had at launch. Coil isn't even a proper raid zone, it's basically ToC.

axeman_sl

shitlord
There's a 24-man raid zone coming in the next fucking content patch in two months, calm your tits. Normal people are still grinding out their Darklight/relic shit. Developers won't cater to your unhealthy, obsessive gaming habits.

Column_sl

shitlord
24 man is tuned to be easier then coils with the same rewards...

After playing this game all the way up to turn 5, The honeymoon is over.

Loved the game at the start, but I very clearly see all the cracks now. Game is garbage, just my two cents, and I have no faith it will ever get better.