Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Column_sl

shitlord
Haven't gotten to endgame yet since I've been crafting hardcore but I'm interested in why you say this? What cracks make the game garbage?
This thread is not prepared for the laundry list of broken game design that I would unleash in a wall of text.

Anyone who is playing there laughable end game, knows what I'm talking about.
The game fools you into thinking it's pretty good for a week ,or so. Once you get past that point the honeymoon is over ,and you realized you married a souless bitch.

For me I plan to play until we finish turn 5, and after that I will be done with this. These devs are fucking clueless.

And before anyone defend this with it's a new game that was redesigned from an older game just wait for the next patch, or of course you are jaded on it now because you raced to the end. Sorry, not buying that horseshit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've only been through turn 1, but yeah, the end game is pathetically bad.

When you consider that they had legacy players who were already starting at level 50 and fully geared (since apparently darklight was in 1.0), having what they have in game is just...confusing?

I mean, I rushed to end game myself, so I'm sort of at fault for being level 50 for several weeks now. But when you know you already have a large portion of your playerbase starting at end game and you don't actually include anything, I have to wonder where your priorities are. That's ignoring the fact that a casual can hit 50 in a month.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The folly of the modern day poopsocker.

that one month thing is pretty accurate.. my gf whom has never touched an MMO before and works full time is a 30 black mage / 20 archer already lol

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They don't care about the less than 1% of people on turn 5 in BC already. WoW didn't either, nor should any MMO - it's impossible to have enough content for those types to consume.

I hit 50 pretty quick - still had to go level my WHM to 34 and THM to 26 for important sub skills, but since then (and my vacation ending) I play 3-4 hours a night doing AK runs, Garuda weapon farming, or Titan. I'm getting close to being ready for BC but most my guild isn't. There's no way I will finish BC before the next raid content - and I could have once been considered a hardcore player - I play more than most.

So you have to realize the majority of the playerbase, who play even less than I do, aren't even ready to start Coil yet.

It's barely been a month - a bit too early to be whining about clueless devs and and not enough content. They aren't omniscient - they need feedback from people to make changes. Despite what people think as armchair game developers, it takes time to code and test changes to something as significant as end game content.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem is that they have not been communicating at all. They have only had one tiny patch so far with a whole list of issues to fix. Namely the syncing issues we have all been experiencing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So you have to realize the majority of the playerbase aren't even ready to start Coil yet.

It's barely been a month - a bit too early to be whining about clueless devs and and not enough content. They aren't omniscient - they need feedback from people to make changes. Despite what people think as armchair game developers, it takes time to code and test changes to something as significant as end game content.
Yes, but what about the legacy casual who's been playing for 4 years and has shit to do right now? Like I said, there's a whole segment playing the game from 1.0 that was already at max level in beta.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've only been through turn 1, but yeah, the end game is pathetically bad.

When you consider that they had legacy players who were already starting at level 50 and fully geared (since apparently darklight was in 1.0), having what they have in game is just...confusing?

I mean, I rushed to end game myself, so I'm sort of at fault for being level 50 for several weeks now. But when you know you already have a large portion of your playerbase starting at end game and you don't actually include anything, I have to wonder where your priorities are. That's ignoring the fact that a casual can hit 50 in a month.
This is what is going to bite them in the ass as far as subs go. You can say it's unique how they shut down version one of FFXIV to remake it but they brought over all the legacy players from version 1 so you can't say it's comparable to any other game that's new. The uniqueness of relaunching the game, while a positive in some respects is also a huge negative when it comes to end game.

Column_sl

shitlord
If you really think they give a fuck about the casuals, you must not be playing this game.

Lets look closely at all the changes they made since early access

1) Nerfed fates so the casuals will have an even harder time leveling
2) Nerfed the only dungeon where they can get ilvl 60 gear easly to 40 min runs in bad gear with a 30 min que time. Now they have to run a retarded story raid, over and over for philosophy stones with no loot to upgrade themselves while they are working on illv 70 gear.

Not to mention they are forced to also keep up with myth tomes every week.

They made the grind way harder for casuals, and you are saying that's the people who they are trying to keep in the game? What planet are you from

The game is broken on all levels. You can keep fooling yourself that there is the mystical patch that will come out that will save everything, but I know better.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The problem is that they have not been communicating at all. They have only had one tiny patch so far with a whole list of issues to fix. Namely the syncing issues we have all been experiencing.
That's just how Square, and Japanese companies in general, operate. They aren't going to give an update to something until it's fixed. Do you just want to hear a meaningless "We are working on it."? Compared to their amount of communication during FF11, they are downright spamming us with information.

Yes, but what about the legacy casual who's been playing for 4 years and has shit to do right now? Like I said, there's a whole segment playing the game from 1.0 that was already at max level in beta.
What about them? The vast majority of 1.0 players quit well before the first month, they might have gotten a 15 or 20 level head start. Square already said the amount of Legacy 1.0 players with capped characters is a lot smaller than you'd think it to be. No MMO launches with months and months worth of content - if you were expecting S-E to look to the past and learn from other's mistakes then you don't know the reality of the situation. Once the game was playable and all the systems were in, they had to get it out as fast as possible and add content later. Just like every other MMO developer - they release with the bare minimum of end game content because they need money to pay people to actually create more.

The content they released so far will be good enough for 95% of the playerbase until Crystal Tower is out.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If you really think they give a fuck about the casuals, you must not be playing this game.

Lets look closely at all the changes they made since early access

1) Nerfed fates so the casuals will have an even harder time leveling
2) Nerfed the only dungeon where they can get ilvl 60 gear easly to 40 min runs in bad gear with a 30 min que time. Now they have to run a retarded story raid, over and over for philosophy stones with no loot to upgrade themselves while they are working on illv 70 gear.

Not to mention they are forced to also keep up with myth tomes every week.

They made the grind way harder for casuals, and you are saying that's the people who they are trying to keep in the game? What planet are you from

The game is broken on all levels. You can keep fooling yourself that there is the mystical patch that will come out that will save everything, but I know better.
1) What?? You can spam kill FATEs all the way to 50 if you want and it's pretty damn fast. Why would casuals give a shit about fast leveling anyways. No part of leveling in this game is "hard", no matter what type of player you are. Even at level 20-30 in Quarrymill you can get 10-15k for a couple of the 3-part FATEs, and they spawn continuously.
2) Casual doesn't = bad player. Casual players can clear AK just fine, you can do it with AF/WP/white storebought gear and a level 50 GC weapon easily. AK gear is good enough to do Garuda. All this time you are getting myth and philo stones to get the few pieces of DL you need for Titan. You don't need full DL until maybe Turn 4 - and by then you have some Allagan drops and maybe some AF2 pieces. Only idiots are going to stopdown and farm CM/AK for the philo stones they need for full DL armor+accessories.

No one is forced to do anything, in fact that is exactly what casuals are NOT going to do. They will do as much as they have time for - which means the end game content will last longer for them because they aren't consuming it for 8 hours a day. That's why they are casual.

This whole discussion/hardcore discussion is idiotic. You can't quantify exactly what a casual player is, and it has nothing to do with that person's play skill or knowledge of the game. There are plenty of terrible hardcore players.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FFXIV is TOR with a better engine and the legacy perks already in at release so you can level other classes with exp boost and mount.

Plus the head guy and company seem to actually care.

Column_sl

shitlord
FFXIV is in allot of ways worse then TOR. Which is amazing within itself.

FFXIV is the shiny car that when you try to start it has no engine.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spawn rate of fates were nerfed about two weeks after release as well.
Lol when? I did archer last week and the shit was still fast as hell.

It's a wonder games are not extending the leveling time. People cry that games are over too quick, but then they will bitch and moan when its even remotely slow or something is changed to make it slower.

People cried fates were leveling too fast and I guess they changed it(based on what people say here) and now its crying because its nerfed and its a korean grind fest now..

Column_sl

shitlord
Only people that would care about are the casuals, which is the audience you people are instistng they are supporting..

The hardcore already hit 50 with almost full darklight before it was even launched.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Lol when? I did archer last week and the shit was still fast as hell.

It's a wonder games are not extending the leveling time. People cry that games are over too quick, but then they will bitch and moan when its even remotely slow or something is changed to make it slower.

People cried fates were leveling too fast and I guess they changed it(based on what people say here) and now its crying because its nerfed and its a korean grind fest now..
They haven't changed shit about FATEs since Early Access, not sure what these people are talking about. They may have a changed a couple that were out of balance but nothing sweeping like spawn rates or exp reward has been announced. Only thing they have said is they want to change how they scale to make it more difficult to clear them for the mega zergs that are currently doing them.