Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it needs to be a dumb purchase over $100 before you bring in a homeless dude option otherwise you're just in the bitter gamer category.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like it too. I personally think it should stay gated so people are forced to group. However, the 15/161/7 dungeon group right in a row needs to be spread out a lot more. That is some really stupid design to stick those dungeons together like that, especially with how there's plenty of obnoxious grind-required gaps in questing.

Sure, maybe the wait for Ifrit can suck if you're a DPS, but it's not a game-ruiner and you're going to deal with that with most of the group story quests. I think people are making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. It's really only a "problem" for pure solo players and not a big deal if you have friends.

It's also highly improbable that they will use Dailies in that manner and more likely that they will be done like every other MMO ever.
I think you forget how many play these types of games more as a solo experience than a multiplayer one, it's probably a majority. Forcing players into the duty finder at low levels when the pool of low level players continues to shrink will eventually make one of the positive parts of the game (the story quests) irrelevant. People will just resort to fate grinding or quit. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there was reasons for high level players to go back.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Add an extremely rare pet/mount/cosmetic item to the Ifirit fight. BAM, problem solved. The rest of aren't nearly as big of an issue, at least they drop gear. Make them worth more EXP to make it worth running them multiple times, and again as people level up other classes.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Add an extremely rare pet/mount/cosmetic item to the Ifirit fight. BAM, problem solved. The rest of aren't nearly as big of an issue, at least they drop gear. Make them worth more EXP to make it worth running them multiple times, and again as people level up other classes.
Then you just go with your buddies because you don't want some scrub to a) slow you down and b.) get the awesome thing you could see your friend get.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Then you just go with your buddies because you don't want some scrub to a) slow you down and b.) get the awesome thing you could see your friend get.
Maybeyouwould go with your buddies, sure. Do you really think no one would be using duty finder constantly to get this shit?

Edit: Sure, like Ifirit's horn. Except that does not drop in the instance we are talking about.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I think you forget how many play these types of games more as a solo experience than a multiplayer one, it's probably a majority. Forcing players into the duty finder at low levels when the pool of low level players continues to shrink will eventually make one of the positive parts of the game (the story quests) irrelevant. People will just resort to fate grinding or quit. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there was reasons for high level players to go back.
I'n not exactly seeing the problem here. What's wrong with anti-social players quitting an MMO earlier than they would have? It doesn't sound like there's any real loss here. People like that don't stick around anyways. Either you're a team player who is in it for the long haul and have people that you stick around for or you're someone who fades into the ether anyways.

I really think people are trying to make a mountain out of this very small molehill.

Artifa

N00b
I don't know if some of you are only level 20 something, but Ifrit isn't the only fight like that. Titan and Garuda normal, around level 32 and 44ish, are exactly the same, no loot, no reason to repeat. Try to make some friends around your level maybe. Those people questing next to you will probably need it around the same tim you do.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I don't know if some of you are only level 20 something, but Ifrit isn't the only fight like that. Titan and Garuda normal, around level 32 and 44ish, are exactly the same, no loot, no reason to repeat. Try to make some friends around your level maybe. Those people questing next to you will probably need it around the same tim you do.
Yep. Those 3 Primal fights + 7 dungeons. People only do all of those just once, not just Primal fights. Dungeons are pointless to run through multiple times due to the atrocious exp that they give. It's not worth wasting the time farming them for loot either with how fast you move on from stuff. All 10 of those things are pretty much One and Done. There's a 8 man forced boss fight at level 49 as well that is only ever done once. So, 11 things actually.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'n not exactly seeing the problem here. What's wrong with anti-social players quitting an MMO earlier than they would have? It doesn't sound like there's any real loss here. People like that don't stick around anyways. Either you're a team player who is in it for the long haul and have people that you stick around for or you're someone who fades into the ether anyways.

I really think people are trying to make a mountain out of this very small molehill.
Getting rid of anti-social players isn't going to leave you with a whole lot left. I can count on one hand how many pugs spoke more than 2 sentences in any dungeon I was in. Blame WoW I guess, that's the type of MMO player that exists today.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Getting rid of anti-social players isn't going to leave you with a whole lot left. I can count on one hand how many pugs spoke more than 2 sentences in any dungeon I was in. Blame WoW I guess, that's the type of MMO player that exists today.
I agree with you, but isn't the type of player who isn't going to stick around very long anyways? They're probably someone who would likely bail when their free month is up regardless. Typically the people who keep playing MMOs are the ones who form social and community bonds. I can't really imagine playing an MMO just to solo and stay subbed doing only that kind of thing.

I'm not excusing Square here, there's just waaaaay more important shit than dealing with how non-longterm players view gated content and they're probablynotgoing to use Dailies to change that.

axeman_sl

shitlord
What they need to do is make it so you get a decent amount of gil from dungeons. It currently costs money to do dungeons, so people willneverdo it just for fun even if they might otherwise have. It's just one of the many signs of how the developers clearly lack rudimentary understanding of how MMORPGs work. You get no money doing dungeons and you can't even disenchant the fucking gear, so people only do it as much as they have to and will never queue just to have something to do. This contributes immensely to the problem. If dungeons were a source of income and a viable method of farming, they'd be much more popular. But then again, their servers can't even handle heavy use of one dungeon...

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Agree more Gil drops or something would be beneficial for rerunning dungeons and so on , but props to a few of the above posters for the bit about forced story dungeons.

I have done more dungeons with random groups in this game than any in a long while and enjoyed them and planning on redoing a few just to help out new and lower level folks.

I definitely would not have done them if wasn't "forced" to as noted above , so SE to me actually did a good thing with this mechanic.

( does need to be tweaked some though )

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Game is officially dead for me now, can't believe I wasted money on the PC and PS3 versions. Fucking bullshit. Oh well, onto the next game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game is officially dead for me now, can't believe I wasted money on the PC and PS3 versions. Fucking bullshit. Oh well, onto the next game.
What happened?

Personally, I would have subbed, but I've got my mom coming to visit for a week and a half and I'll be on travel for 2 weeks this month. So not really worth a month sub for a game I'll be able to play 1 week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ain't got much time to play and I'm not paying them, if the game was actually good I'd consider it. It's just boring and short-lived.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Guessing he hit 50 on 2 or more classes, geared out in full, downed a few turns in coil and realized the next month would be nothing but 1-2 hours of coil twice a week with alt/class leveling and money making tossed in. If you aren't into farming for money or leveling alts then you have the 4 hours of myth capping on Monday and the 4-5 hours of coil to look forward to each week.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was pretty much at that point, minus BC. Have BRD/PLD at 50. BRD is fully geared, PLD I've just got titan left for relic. I don't know why I even bothered to log in, but I did.