Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

skylan_sl

shitlord
I think some work really needs to be added to the dungeons in terms of rewards. There's zero reason for me to run a dungeon except AK for myth, and that gets boring as SHIT when there is absolutely no chance you get anything cool from that run. Put in some random drops, better loot from bosses etc.. but when you know before hand exactly what the outcome is of the dungeon before you start, it sucks, and when it's your 6000th time running it - it's just f'ing work at that point.

Syia_sl

shitlord
Guessing he hit 50 on 2 or more classes, geared out in full, downed a few turns in coil and realized the next month would be nothing but 1-2 hours of coil twice a week with alt/class leveling and money making tossed in. If you aren't into farming for money or leveling alts then you have the 4 hours of myth capping on Monday and the 4-5 hours of coil to look forward to each week.
Not even coil apparently, turn 5 is down until the bug is resolved.

Binding Coil of Bahamut 5 will be temporarily unavailable : ffxiv

I'm done with this game. 1-50 was a lot of fun during the early rush with everyone doing their story quests, but there's really nothing to do in this game besides level more classes.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Sean_sl

shitlord
Well, I guess I'm done with the game. The friends I intended to play with have quit so there's no reason for me to subscribe when my time is up.

It's a shame really, the game showed a lot of promise. They just couldn't deliver. The unresponsive, clunky combat was just too big of a knock against it too. Hopefully they fix that someday. Maybe it'll be worth revisiting if they ever get a good amount of content out and fix the god awful responsiveness issues and really bad netcode.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Is there any real way to level alternate jobs that's anywhere close to FATE grinding in speed?
No. Maybe your second one you can quest your way through if you didn't knock out too many on your first go, but other than that, nothing else is even half as quick as leeching FATEs for two days. You can get like 3-4 levels per hour but it barely counts as playing the game, you just ride with the blob and can optionally choose to try and tag mobs, though it isn't necessary if you're in a group because it only takes two or three people tagging in order to get gold. I tried doing dungeons when I got sick of that non-gameplay bullshit and it was like one level per hour and I lost money doing it.

Sean_sl said:
It's a shame really, the game showed a lot of promise.
To me, the only real promise it had was the fact that they weren't trying to innovate and make it all gimmicky like GW2 did, among others. I looked forward to an MMORPG that dared to be traditional and go with what they know people like. That was the right idea, but unfortunately the developers simply aren't good enough at making and running an MMORPG. It's a shame as well that they've chosen to gate the endgame itemization almost entirely behind a 300/week token allowance, because that's going to be what makes me disinclined to come back in two months and try again. You'll be so far behind and there will be no way to catch up, you'll always just be thousands of tokens worth of gear behind those who were able to tolerate a crap game and kept cashing in their weekly bag of effortlessly earned tokens. They have the opportunity to redesign it and/or make those token-purchased items drop in new dungeons, but I just don't think they will.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
.... and it was like one level per hour and I lost money doing it.
Gotta love the broken economics. I did have fun going through each dungeon once though. They were gorgeous and ran at 144FPS. This actually made one of my 2 GTX580s hit 103 degrees Celsius and blue screened me. I blew out about 10 pounds of cat hair from its fan and was good to go again!

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
To everyone thats quiting and in the guild, let me know ahead of time if you're selling your account. I want to boot the character prior. Also feel free to give me all your monies and crystals.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been booting people over 30 days inactive. I'll make a special rank for anyone that will eventually come back for patches and keep you in the guild if you give me a heads up as well.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Reborn
One can hope?

I truly do hope that the game does get better and finds some legs to stand on. I really really wanted to like this game and I think it does have a little spark of life that just needs some proper attention to grow into something big. Hopefully it has been successful enough that Square allocates some major resources to it and they can pump out a substantial amount of content and fix what needs to be fixed.

I will gladly come back if they get their shit together, especially if they fix the massive glaring problems with the combat system. Playing a game that is fluid and perfectly responsive after playing FF14 is just painfully a night and day difference and if they manage to fix those problems I think you'd have a lot more people willing to stay on, since I know a fair number of people that quit just because of that issue that would have stayed on even with the problematically low amount of content.

FF14: A Realm Reborn: Rerolled?

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
You'll be so far behind and there will be no way to catch up, you'll always just be thousands of tokens worth of gear behind those who were able to tolerate a crap game and kept cashing in their weekly bag of effortlessly earned tokens. They have the opportunity to redesign it and/or make those token-purchased items drop in new dungeons, but I just don't think they will.
The Allagan gear is either slightly worse, equivalent, or somewhat better than the myth gear. Granted that Allagan is also behind a weekly lockout, but it really doesn't take that long to gear up in game right now. My character already has ilvl90 in most key spots, and is just missing head + some jewelry pieces now. And that's with all of 3 weeks of coil + 5 weeks of tokens.

axeman_sl

shitlord
They have different stats, you need to mix and match in order to get the best gear. You also need three weeks worth of stones for each +1 relic you want, which for most people is at the very least two.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Valos: I'm still playing, but I just haven't been able to lately due to RL.

Syia_sl

shitlord
One can hope?

I truly do hope that the game does get better and finds some legs to stand on. I really really wanted to like this game and I think it does have a little spark of life that just needs some proper attention to grow into something big. Hopefully it has been successful enough that Square allocates some major resources to it and they can pump out a substantial amount of content and fix what needs to be fixed.

I will gladly come back if they get their shit together, especially if they fix the massive glaring problems with the combat system. Playing a game that is fluid and perfectly responsive after playing FF14 is just painfully a night and day difference and if they manage to fix those problems I think you'd have a lot more people willing to stay on, since I know a fair number of people that quit just because of that issue that would have stayed on even with the problematically low amount of content.

FF14: A Realm Reborn: Rerolled?
The game has a lot of character to it. I'm hoping their major patch brings a lot of content for players to chew through; I'd love to resubscribe and try out the new raids/dungeons. I'd add that many challenges in this game are made difficult only due to the network infrastructure issues with combat.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game has a lot of character to it. I'm hoping their major patch brings a lot of content for players to chew through; I'd love to resubscribe and try out the new raids/dungeons. I'd add that many challenges in this game are made difficult only due to the network infrastructure issues with combat.
I plan on coming back with a new content release as well, Valos. Never tried to get into, or form a Coil group. Much less do I think I could be on at a specific time.