Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Is it that difficult to understand? I think I'm expressing myself very plainly. There's no fucking confusion except on the part of people who refuse to acknowledge that the content was released out of order and keep trying to insist that it was always intended this way and therefore nothing can be wrong with it, arguing from a platform of assuming that CT isn't supposed to precede BC and is just filler newbie content despite my repeatedly pointing out that this is not the case. This forum has always had a naysayer atmosphere, but it really is getting to the point of denying that water is wet just for the sake of being contrary.
I heard FFXIV failed when it launched in 2010 and since then no part of it has quite come out as originally it intended. Gosh why can't anyone understand that?

Oh yeah I remember too when ZG came out after BWL. Why did Blizzard make a 20 man after a 40 man instance it was outrageous, the loot wasn't as good it was awful. What terrible design.

/sarcasm

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I think Myth armor is considered AF1 or AF+1, trying to remember how they numbered stuff in FFXI.
You had Artifact Armour (AF) from the class quests then Relic (AF2) from Dyna and Relic+1 (AF2+1) from the newer Dyna zones like Valkurm, Qufim, Buburimu, and Tavnazia. Empyrean Armour (AF3) came with Abyssea and you had +1 and +2 versions of that from memory.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Some details from the Live Letter.

Translated document from Rein.

Highlights
A lot of housing information from the video. To plot buying, house customizing, furniture, etc.
WAR buffs coming, looking at global cool down timers, etc..
DRG buffs coming no real details
Coil boss issue with WAR vs PLD, one of the reason they are looking at a WAR buff
Ifirit tank stunning is boring, they are either going to give WAR a boost there or change the first a little
BRD nerf possible incoming, or either melee DPS buff coming. They are trying to put ranged and melee DPS on par for damage.
People are failing at Titan runs a lot, they suggest moving camera all the way out to help see bombs better...
Duty Finder changes incoming. On top of just the MVP system, there will be more information available to players on what to queue.
Tomestone caps my be adjusted based on Duty Finder categories they are setting up. (ie instead of a blanket cap, each category might have a cap)
3 new dungeons (1 new, 2 hard mode), and crystal tower coming in 2.1
Beastmen dailies are coming.
Treasure hunting, (rank up system, eventually will want to party up)
They are working on rendering issues for Behe/Odin
On going work on preventing botting and RMT
On going work on network/server/connection stability
Lots of housing options on customizing it.
To get a large house you have to first buy a small, then upgrade to medium, then large.
Land deeds will be sellable on auction house.
Parties with different jobs will build Limit Break Faster
Plans for player gardening and even group gardening for rare items

Speculations
2.1 won't happen until around Dec.
Small house will cost around 850K

Not sure where the speculated amount comes from for a small house but it seems pretty fucking pointless if it's like the FFXI housing in so much as you can't interact with any of the furniture. Something to keep the female players happy I suppose.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speculated amount came from the fact they gave his character 1 billion gil and they pulled the amount shown after he purchased it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so i joined a wanderers palace premade as a healer for a 'speed run' and got kicked out when they asked and I said I hadnt done a speed run before. Is there a specific method for speed running it? certain places the tank dies etc?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
so i joined a wanderers palace premade as a healer for a 'speed run' and got kicked out when they asked and I said I hadnt done a speed run before. Is there a specific method for speed running it? certain places the tank dies etc?
if you can't heal in specific instances (danger zone), you might not be preferred. It's not difficult, but you sort of learn how to heal in different situations. That's pretty harsh if they kicked you.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Gotta love the shitty community. And is there actually a way to kick people from the group now?

Malakriss

Received a suspicious activity message and email upon trying to log in and I was forced to change my password. Appears to be from a new IP address assignment by my internet provider (who did maintenance last night), so I'm not going to be thrilled if I have to change it every couple of weeks.

Malakriss

I discovered the fast way to get an item made. Advertised in Mor Dhona WTB HQ Vanya Hat of Casting 330k but only ended up getting tells asking if i wanted to buy a chest (wtf?) or multiple "gracious" crafters saying they'd make one for x fee if I got the mats. Finally got fed up with after the 15th fee spammer and started being a dick "So, you don't have one..." and then railed on him about how this is how crafters get blacklisted by people, actually blacklisted him as he went on a tirade and gave a real snarky next shout. Got 3 tells not too long after, first one from a guy who was in Limsa but I simply said I was by the barrels so 15 seconds later he pops one in trade and he's paid. Turns out the fee spammer I bitched out had complained in a trade linkshell and did free advertising for me.

Sure I could have spent time competing with the same crafters for cheaper than Market Board mats in Mor Dhona, or I could have paid Market board price for the quick route. But then you're handing over 200k+ in mats to a random guy and still running the risk of the crafter DCing + losing the mats mid-craft (Sorry Buiden, since this happened to you right after i got my hat). Bottom line, WTB a finished item means exactly that. Fuck crafters who fee spam more than the RMT bots.

Edit: awww looks like they nuked my thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'll have to look into getting materia for my crafting set sometime. After that I can do any weaving or carpentry combines you want free to guildies. Working on GSM this week too. Just saying.