Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There is a rerolled LS. It's pretty empty usually but might see a pick up the closer it gets to expansion. Can whisper me(Motoko Kusanagi) for invite to LS if I'm on(a lot of afks/tab- outs though).
Yeah, the LS isn't terribly active but I'm usually always online at nights so if anyone ever has any questions about anything or needs someone to run harder content with them, you can say something in the LS and I'll usually see it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just trying to sell my house then I am going to transfer over if they allow transfers to Gilgamesh. Got someone gathering the funds for 20M for it (to relinquish the plot), not sure if that is a good price or not but after 3 nights of having it in party finder its the most I got offered so I'm fine with it. Not sure if there is zero value at all in having supra vs Lucis crafting gear but figured I'd grind out weaver and GSM version of those while I wait.

Trying to catch up with all the changes since I left but the one thing I PRAY for with the expansion is a little more diversity in loot OR at least allow melding on raid gear and maybe make specific melds ONLY for raid gear that requires really rare crafting mats and high star reqs that way crafters still play an active role in pve content. Gear seems so bland but then again I think it took us 3 expansions into EQ to get abit more exciting gear.....I'm abit foggy but at the start of EQ if I remember it was such a fucking joke as a caster because gear actually had ZERO impact on how much damage you did since int didn't directly impact damage if I recall. So basically the only thing you did to increase dps was get more damn mana so you could cast more and more hp so you wouldn't die (I used to run groups in bottom of seb with golems where I would play tank by rooting to farm spells, some of the funnest groups in the last 15 years)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Make sure you have a plan for transferring over that 20mil, since you can only take 1mil + 1mil/retainer over. You'll have to invest in Ehcatl Sealants or something.

Dkbago_sl

shitlord
How are the catchup mechanisms in this game? I haven't played in like a year and a half, and I'm told that even if I started up again, it would take FOREVER to catch back up again.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Not really. Can get high enough ilvl to start doing Syrcus tower in no time, and then World of Darkness not long after. i have gear sets for pretty much every class now playing fairly casual.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
How are the catchup mechanisms in this game? I haven't played in like a year and a half, and I'm told that even if I started up again, it would take FOREVER to catch back up again.
As stated, it shouldn't take you long to get to Syrcus Tower point for trying to i100 yourself up (both in Soldiery and drops there).

You really only need an average ilvl of 90(or is it 95 for Steps of Faith?)to get through 2.55.

Also, 1080p Heavensward Benchmark video, if you want to see a taste of new skills and DRG's new LB3:FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark Trailer - YouTube

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The new stuff looks crazy good, besides the SCH skill which I can't even tell what it was supposed to be(I guess a heal or some shit). That paladin shield thing is awesome looking and DRG LB3 looks so much better than current LB3.

Also fuck that whale primal Bismark looks huge as fuck. I wonder if it'll be a Leviathan-like fight where you fight on a floating platform or some shit or if it'll be a floating island and he just comes and goes random from under it.

Can't wait for the expansion.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The new stuff looks crazy good, besides the SCH skill which I can't even tell what it was supposed to be(I guess a heal or some shit). That paladin shield thing is awesome looking and DRG LB3 looks so much better than current LB3.

Also fuck that whale primal Bismark looks huge as fuck. I wonder if it'll be a Leviathan-like fight where you fight on a floating platform or some shit or if it'll be a floating island and he just comes and goes random from under it.

Can't wait for the expansion.
I'm hoping you fight on his back and move to different parts of him during the fight. Maybe go inside him and kill him from the inside?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the internal fighting is going to be Alexander, from the promo materials. His will probably be a long running fight where you go through "phases" of him being along certain portions of the skyship.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I just hope they don't make it gimmicky, like how Steps of Faith is or like how the Praetorium is with the Magitek armors. I see one way they might do it is have you on an airship with some people firing cannons at him while others kill adds, and that would suck.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
God damn Desynth takes some money to get to 110. Got GSM and WVR to 70/90 so far.....not sure what a good 3rd one will be.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pft, these are nothing compared to alchemy which can only desynth like titan weapons, zodiac turn in alchemy item and the last 4 star books for progress. It's all like 80k+ per item or farming titan(which stops giving good skillups at like 85). Good fucking times. I'm at like 93 or something in that and 98 or whatever in weaver/goldsmith, I haven't bothered raising them higher. The only reason I even took some stuff in the first place was because of nexus grind in T4 and such, but once the expansion hits, you'll be able to level it much easier anyway, so it's fucking pointless to waste money right now on desynth especially since they're apparently not adding anything new to desynth.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
And for more interesting stuff, an apparent Q&A, xoxo @ Summoners:

Source:Nico Super FATE Day 1 QA and other stuff. : ffxiv

Details:
Q&A bit
  • A whole bunch of skills are coming between 51~60.
  • No, you don't get them every 5 levels.
  • Everyone will need to re-work their rotations.
  • There isn't enough space on the current HB/XHBs for all those actions. They have a plan.
  • POE-cap isn't being raised/removed because IL130 is a little high in the early stages of Ishgarde. (previous off record interviews mentioned that they'll be relevant up to l55)
  • next 24man raids coming in 3.1.
  • FC primal summoning has been delegated to 'some time later'.
  • Add-ons on back burner because 3.0 took priority. (they added too much stuff)
  • No plans to show TP.
  • New jobs aren't getting ZWs.
  • New ZW-like quests starting in 3.1. A bit of work has been put into the story.
  • New jobs will have primal weapons.
  • Summoner has been heavily reworked. Something something tri-disaster.
  • Expansion of armoury chest to come later.
  • Number of retainers going up. 4 maybe?
  • New housing wards comes after Ishgard.
  • Choco rank caps going up.
  • You need HW to be an Au Ra. No other conditions.
  • New roadmap planned for Wolves Den and other PVP.
  • A training mode for raids may come. Eventually.
  • Thinking of adjusting Steps.
  • New GS attractions start from 3.1
  • No plans for DX12

Lore panel
  • Ishgard is split into 2 levels. Peasants below, nobles above.
  • Lower levels is filled with ruins from dragon invasions
  • Mostly stone buildings.
  • Upper level has many religious structures.
  • 'Twelve Knights'. Remember those words.
  • That statue at the back on the last row, that has a really incredible back story. (src. Koji)
  • For a very long while, Esoterics(??) was actually going to be called Aesthetics (??).

Dravanian Highlands
  • Really, really out west.
  • Dragons live here.
  • Koji worked very hard to create Dragonspeak language.
  • 6 years ago.
  • The new Gunas tribe live here.

Dravanian Lowlands
  • Downstream from the mountains so lots of water features.
  • Has not been invaded by Dragons.
  • Lots of old archaeological thingies.
  • There's a deserted Sharlayan city. Kinda like old Constantinople. Big scholary city.
  • But it feels Greek.
  • They used tarot cards to predict the future.

Dravanian Cloud Sea
  • West of Ishgard, above the Highlands.
  • For some reason there are ruins up there. Important part of the story.
  • The Seven Celestial Dragons are a large part of the story.
  • The snake like thing in the middle is Midgardsom. The rest are his children, the 7.
  • Please look forward to how they get involved.
  • Au Ra are not related to Dragons. Their motif are demons.

Abarasia Cloud sea
  • East of Ishgard.
  • Huge elevation changes. Flying mounts are necessary here.
  • Vanu Vanu tribe live here.

Floating Continent
  • While working on the settings, I become well versed in genetic manipulation & bioengineering ? Koji

Gubra Library. (new dungeon)

Alexander Q&A
  • Q:You've mentioned that Alexander Normal is for people to relax and enjoy the story, does that mean they'll be cleared within a day or two?
  • Y: /em nods.
  • Q. Was Hard mode made with WoW's Mythic raids in mind?
  • Y: We're actually calling them Heroic internally.
  • Q. Does that mean there'll be something even harder?
  • Y: Depends on the players' clear rates and requests.
  • Q. So Alexander was made with player clear rates in mind?
  • Y: Yup. Looking at the number of player clears, we also have something called Content Costs where we basically want our content to be enjoyable by more people.
  • Q. How many levels?
  • Y: 4.
  • Q. Will there be higher IL requirements and more gimmicks as we go up?
  • Y: Yes. We designed it with what players considered fun between all 3 coils.
  • Q. How hard is Alexander Hard?
  • Y: About as hard as FCOB Savage ? ?!?!?!
  • Q: Will the Fat Chocobo fly?
  • Y: Yes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure I even want to bother trying to gear up. Since I plan to switch to machinist asap, getting a bunch of gear for the BLM won't really help. Thinking of more just saving all the tomes and converting them to new ones(if they do that like they did with myth tomes).

Maybe just buy some 30-50 DoW crafted armor for the machinist for leveling, if its not too expensive(I'm pretty poor by todays standards, only 250k) and get gathering/fishing to 50s.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think they'll let you convert 50 tomes into 60 tomes, but maybe. The conversion rate is shit though, and it'd convert into the lower tier tomes, not the high tier, aka tomes that aren't capped and you can get running shitty 60 dungeons. Like in current game terms, you'd get soldiery, not poetics. And only like 400-500 of them too.

I mean maybe they'll do it differently, maybe poetics will be the new tomes so having 2000 would give you a slight edge, but eh, it probably wouldn't be that much.

You could farm a bit of money for armor yeah. Though armor isn't super important while leveling. Get a chocobo to 4 in case you have to solo stuff for the heal, and armor you upgrade every 10-15 levels. Jewelry you upgrade like twice(lvl 1-10 jewelry then you upgrade either at 28ish or 35ish, and then keep that until current cap then get whatever from quests in Ishgard). It's the weapon you really want to upgrade often, sadly since it's new weapons you'll have to find someone who can make them, or get your crafts to 50. Blacksmith or Goldsmith to make guns probably, though Alchemy is also a possibility. I'd consider getting these to cap using dailies(GC and Ixal) and/or leves.

One thing to note as a returning player, doing story quests yields a few top tier materias at certain steps(iirc leviathan quest and shiva quests) which you can cash in for like 400-500k each, though that depends on server(it's crit/det IV materias). So you should get a decent bit out of that, enough to buy a bit of gear or what not. Also get a crafting, gathering and quicktongue IV and some random food, so it's like 1.5millions total or something.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I got the crafting materia so far from story. One was only worth 50k, the other is selling for around 150k.

Not sure I want to bother with crafting. I may finish cul to 50(its already 40) but I don't really want to get into the others(just not fun for me). I think I will just rely on job/class quest for weapons.

Mainly getting story done(jesus I missed a lot), Get gathering to 50 + fishing(I actually like to fish). Then from there dunno, finish getting retainers to 50, max GC seals and then just mess around. Though do finish archer to 50 at least(for machinist cross class, as my best guess, no clue what other could be).

If tome conversion is like you said , then I dunno. Nothing else really to do with them. I am buying gear just to get min ilvl to finish story. After that, no need for them really, except maybe buy stuff forr glamour or if there are any fun items.