Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Kriptini makes me laugh! lol

ff14kriptinifunny.jpg
I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

2842A9B8BD2C675F09412847266A04A874EC0C28

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
all ive been complaining about is the fact that their system they have for how you get onto a server is atrocious
You should have played XI then
rolleyes.png

You were assigned a server by the system, except for when a friend bought a code from a npc and gave it to you outside the game, so you could join him/her.
I thought it was a joke the first time I've been told that.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There is a pro to the way they do the server lock: less random noobs/gil spammers being made on the server.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not a lot of history to go off of here, but do they ever do bonus exp weekends and such, and would they do any of those before the expansion hits to let people "get prepared" or level up whatever they want in prep for expansion?

I'm having a dilema over wanting to be the name/race of another toon I have on Gilg, but not wanting to throw away my 45 WHM I've already spent time on. Granted, I have 100 Leve allowances banked, so I guess catching back up wouldn't be that terrible if I really wanted to be that character instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I came back I had a potion that let me change some things. Can't remember the name but it was a vet reward. Not sure what you can change with it, maybe others know. Not sure if it's just appearance or race as well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I came back I had a potion that let me change some things. Can't remember the name but it was a vet reward. Not sure what you can change with it, maybe others know. Not sure if it's just appearance or race as well.
Fantasia, and iirc lets you change appearence once(race, looks etc). Name change is a different service iirc. Probably got it from being subbed for 30 days.

Not a lot of history to go off of here, but do they ever do bonus exp weekends and such, and would they do any of those before the expansion hits to let people "get prepared" or level up whatever they want in prep for expansion?

I'm having a dilema over wanting to be the name/race of another toon I have on Gilg, but not wanting to throw away my 45 WHM I've already spent time on. Granted, I have 100 Leve allowances banked, so I guess catching back up wouldn't be that terrible if I really wanted to be that character instead.
Don't think they have ever done any kind of Bonus exp weekend nor would I except to see one for expansion.

Just matter of which is better for you, $20 to change appearance/name or time spent leveling to 45(and anything else you have leveled on that character).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally decided to try this out, I've been meaning to give it a shot. I saw bros like Noodle, Mord, and others playing it so it must be decent.

It seems cool so far, although I find most MMOs seem less..."fluid"(?) than WoW. Maybe I've just played it too much over the years.

The name isKaige Xenand I'm on Siren. I couldn't get on Gilgamesh but I'll check back occasionally for a swap. I'll try to learn the game for the time being.

One thing that annoys the shit out of me are the gold spammers. I seriously didn't miss that.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
One means of blocking the spam tells (and only tells) is /busy on. Side effects of Busy, though, is that people can't party-invite or friendlist you (easily worked around), and you automatically say 'no' to a ready check (???). But it does flip the bird to the bots so you don't have to clog your blacklist.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One means of blocking the spam tells (and only tells) is /busy on. Side effects of Busy, though, is that people can't party-invite or friendlist you (easily worked around), and you automatically say 'no' to a ready check (???). But it does flip the bird to the bots so you don't have to clog your blacklist.
This. I pretty much keep this on all the time and drop it when needed(getting a invite). If someone needs to talk to me we just use fc/ls chat.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally decided to try this out, I've been meaning to give it a shot. I saw bros like Noodle, Mord, and others playing it so it must be decent.

It seems cool so far, although I find most MMOs seem less..."fluid"(?) than WoW. Maybe I've just played it too much over the years.

The name isKaige Xenand I'm on Siren. I couldn't get on Gilgamesh but I'll check back occasionally for a swap. I'll try to learn the game for the time being.

One thing that annoys the shit out of me are the gold spammers. I seriously didn't miss that.
Something to keep in mind, my everquest was FFXI. If you've never played it, any interaction whether it be combat or with NPCs was fairly clunky all around. So for me coming to this game it's actually a little better than Ffxi was. Of course wow is king and I'm not sure why other mmos can't get it right.

That said, game has a good story, great graphics, interesting classes, and I generally have a good time putzing around. Not playing on gilgamesh myself though, and my time for playing is a fraction of what it already had dwindled down to when I was leading the Saturday raids.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Something to keep in mind, my everquest was FFXI. If you've never played it, any interaction whether it be combat or with NPCs was fairly clunky all around. So for me coming to this game it's actually a little better than Ffxi was. Of course wow is king and I'm not sure why other mmos can't get it right.

That said, game has a good story, great graphics, interesting classes, and I generally have a good time putzing around. Not playing on gilgamesh myself though, and my time for playing is a fraction of what it already had dwindled down to when I was leading the Saturday raids.
what does this game lack that WoW has really going for it right now that this game severely needs besides a better system to get on servers
smile.png
honest question no troll.

More raid content? and is that because they arent putting it out or because WoW has been around longer so has a better refined raid content team?

does this lack arena or some type of ranked pvp, and is the system terrible?

because im not sure what wow is doing right other than being the vessel most of us jumped to when EQ got old for us, and has since then been consistent, so what is this game really lacking in?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say the game isn't lacking in much, but it's not very different from wow and wow already has a huge playerbase, so most new players would gravitate towards wow due to having heard of the game from someone first and stuff like that. I don't think it needs to change much, it has its own particularities that make people like it over wow, and overall it's doing ok on subs, not like super great 10million subs, but it's a solid 500-700k from what I heard, which is more than what is I'd consider the minimum to keep the game alive(around 100k?).

Raid content I don't think it's lacking, it's not that much, but it's about as much as wow or more. They also don't have 10months blackholes of no raiding content like wow does. I mean technically final coil to expansion is like 8months or some shit, but they did release WoD inbetween. It could use harder raids for the really hardcore people and they're kinda doing that for the expansion with the 2 modes(they tested that with savage mode for coil2).

It has PvP, but it's garbage, the game engine and stuff isn't designed for it and it's really fucking bad. Arena is dead as a result, it has Battlegrounds type maps though that people kinda play in, but it's all very much an afterthought, not different from wow was, but wow pushed the pvp aspect a lot more and had a much larger population(which is always better for a viable pvp scene). And just overall, pvping in wow feels a lot better.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If you pay for a server transfer, you can transfer at any time even if the server is full. Gilgamesh has way less gold spam than Siren does. I was originally on Siren; that server sucks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
what does this game lack that WoW has really going for it right now that this game severely needs besides a better system to get on servers
smile.png
honest question no troll.

More raid content? and is that because they arent putting it out or because WoW has been around longer so has a better refined raid content team?

does this lack arena or some type of ranked pvp, and is the system terrible?

because im not sure what wow is doing right other than being the vessel most of us jumped to when EQ got old for us, and has since then been consistent, so what is this game really lacking in?
My comment was specifically on how clunky certain things feel. For instance interacting with anything while on a chocobo. The 2.5s GCD makes the combat feel very unresponsive even if you are used to it. What wow has going for it is the game play feels extremely fluid - from combat, to quest interactions, to raid movement.

Wows end game is definitely more polished from what I've seen in ff14, but I've always had a hard on for Wows raids.

The server stuff is bullshit, but the Japanese are extremely stubborn when it comes to taking criticism on stuff like that. I remember in FFXI bugs would stick around for years