Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You can queue as 24man. No one does cause it's shit content anyway, but we did a 24man WoD when it was released.

And Tecknoe, you don't need raiding gear for shit. You might as well gear yourself, but if you have the gear to do steps, you have the gear for the expansion. Getting raid gear basically gives you gear a bit higher level, it's the same as wow, your raiding gear is like +5level but you can just play some random shit geared char and get quest rewards which are good for the leveling part.
well what i meant is that once the xpac is released in games like WoW current gear becomes pretty much obsolete(in the first few levels par exceptions), yeah having ilvl 700+ mythic in WoW then going into an expac gives you a tiny edge in leveling but more so the playing field has been swept clean and everyone is again starting from scratch.

looking at kriptini's guide, that seems crazy i need to do all that to be expac ready? just being lvl 50 should allow me to access whatever is going on and continue to level for the expac.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
well what i meant is that once the xpac is released in games like WoW current gear becomes pretty much obsolete(in the first few levels par exceptions), yeah having ilvl 700+ mythic in WoW then going into an expac gives you a tiny edge in leveling but more so the playing field has been swept clean and everyone is again starting from scratch.

looking at kriptini's guide, that seems crazy i need to do all that to be expac ready? just being lvl 50 should allow me to access whatever is going on and continue to level for the expac.
The thing is the shit you need to do isn't related to the expansion, it's related to doing the current content. You need to get like i90 to do steps of faith to finish the story. Note that the current raiding gear is i130, that's like 2 whole tiers higher than i90. So it's pretty far off. You also don't really need to do it like that, but you do need to do some of the content to be ready for the expansion, because they have this weird fucking idea of locking the expansion behind the 2.0 storyline, which forces you to do a bunch of dungeons, which like every dungeon has a ilvl req to enter.

Elsebet

Peasant
Anyone on Leviathan? Mike and I are goofing around in this now. We have a WHM/Paladin with relics and some early Coil gear. Mike wants to play Ninja though so we'll probably work on that while getting our story done and some Duty Finder gear.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Else, Gurga(on his 50 scholar) and i(a fresh blm up to 35) are both on Leviathon. I was on Gilgamesh, but when he started back up, I switched to be on his server. Mordryn Khazan.

Myst

Peasant
Damn you all to hell! I could've started on Leviathan. Anyone bored on Gilgamesh can hit me up: Myst Ryuu level 18 Rogue!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What ever happened to farming hunts for a few hours and buying a full set of i100 gear? Did they nerf that? See so many suggestions for getting i70ish crafted gear.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
The reward from hunts got reduced drastically when they released Poetics, I believe. The Shiva patch.

Edit: I caught the gravy train, my brother and roommate did not.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dunno, I still do the hunts and have already picked up full 100 sets for jobs I don't even have at 50 yet from it. Half the time just Gold saucering around when whatever hunt LS's I'm in alert an S rank spawn and that's 100seals/soldiery and 10(?) poetics for a 1 min fight. The A hunts you can chain for an hour and come out with a good chunk of seals. I'm sure before it was crazy good but even now its not unreasonable if you supplement it with normal soldiery gains

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's now in line with doing dungeons/crystal tower stuff and the dungeons/crystal tower have the added benefit of possibly getting drops and not having to think about changing zones and such. If you want to change it up Hunts aren't a bad way to get gear and possibly more fun then dungeons/CT depending on what you are in to.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What ever happened to farming hunts for a few hours and buying a full set of i100 gear? Did they nerf that? See so many suggestions for getting i70ish crafted gear.
The i90 gear was stupidly low priced, so that the entire set was like 200seals which took like 10hunts or whatever it was. When they bumped the ilvl on everything, the sold gear got priced more appropriately(like it's 200seals per piece or something), and they nerfed seals droprates, then buffed them again in 2.5, but it's not really any faster now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hmm do you have uncapped high FPS? This game kinda kills my fan and temp if I don't force V sync or force cap FPS with Nvidia Inspector. A lot of games do actually it's annoying as shit, but if I cap it, it's fine. If it's an old PC it might be a different issue I guess since you might not get high FPS to begin with.
I capped it through the in-game interface and it made a huge difference. I couldn't force cap through Inspector, but maybe I can.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I capped it through the in-game interface and it made a huge difference. I couldn't force cap through Inspector, but maybe I can.
Oh was there an option like that? I forgot. But yeah I've been capping every game at 70FPS or so, I don't really need higher FPS and it doesn't overheat my gfx or activate the loud as fuck fans so I'm fine.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Banhammer went down with maintenance.

RMT and other illicit activities upset the balance of the game and, as such, are prohibited under the Terms of Service.

Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below.

Time Period: May 14, 2015 to May 20, 2015
?Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 1129
?Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 4462
?Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

?Accounts receiving disciplinary action for participation in RMT/illegal activity: 12
?Action Details: Temporary ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I find it hard to believe that they only found 12 people buying Gil. Also, who cares about Gil at this point. They should sell that shit in their online store so the people who don't want to try for anything can just buy crafted shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's a terrible idea.

And they post the RMT bans message every week, and every week they ban about as many people.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I find it hard to believe that they only found 12 people buying Gil. Also, who cares about Gil at this point. They should sell that shit in their online store so the people who don't want to try for anything can just buy crafted shit.
???

*?Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 4462

And those were all permanent.