Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow. I thought LFR in WoW was a cesspool. FFXIV LFR is at least as bad. World of Darkness is, uh, painful to put it lightly.
Odd, I really had no complaints when I did WoD for gear to get ilevel reqs for story. Was pretty fast queues, easy fights, don't think I didn't finish any of the runs I joined. Few wipes(mostly on last guy).

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Odd, I really had no complaints when I did WoD for gear to get ilevel reqs for story. Was pretty fast queues, easy fights, don't think I didn't finish any of the runs I joined. Few wipes(mostly on last guy).
Yeah, I'm sure YMMV applies. Just frustrating coming off of two consecutive "vote abandons" wherein vitriol was flung like poo in a monkey exhibit. And yeah, just like WoW, when you LFR matters i.e. just after the weekly reset. I suppose next week I need to get on the ball ASAP.

Edit: Game is quite fun so far although I am unsure how long I can stomach the token scavenging and "finder" activities having played WoW ad nauseam. Visually and musically impressive as well which is consistent with the Final Fantasy moniker. Love the multiclassing system; I didn't realize how much I missed it since FFXI. Only thing missing really is a solid community to play with that isn't comprised of children who've yet to develop adequate pragmatic faculties.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like the part where he said "we haven't made any drastic changes to Ninja", and then went "oh, btw we added positionals for some of their attacks". Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I like the part where he said "we haven't made any drastic changes to Ninja", and then went "oh, btw we added positionals for some of their attacks". Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
I interpretted this to mean the attacks behave more like Monks. Lower potency (numbers mostly unchanged from now) unless you use the positional for higher. So, say, Dancing Edge or Shadow Fang gets the flanking/rear required in order to do the debuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I interpretted this to mean the attacks behave more like Monks. Lower potency (numbers mostly unchanged from now) unless you use the positional for higher. So, say, Dancing Edge or Shadow Fang gets the flanking/rear required in order to do the debuff.
Well they changed Dragoons positionals to be like that too so yeah probably. Unless they make mudras client side though, Ninja is kinda dead for me.

The Scholar "changes" were completely boring so I'm pretty sure I'm going astrologian now. It's like they checked the Scholar and were like "ok what does this class need?" and couldn't figure out anything cause the class is actually great already, so they just said fuck it let's add random pointless shit. It's probably the most boring one they've shown, even Summoners who get fucked without new Egi still got like Tri Disaster and Akh Morn.

Malkav

French Madman
The big ninja thing for me is that some skills will extend huton, so that you don't have to recast it during the fight and can actually use your mudras for something else.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
does anyone know if you already have a character on gilg, and you want to make another one do you gotta wait for it to open up again and such? (yes i know theres no point in 2 characters.)

So i just hit 15 and something about "class quest rewards" popped up in the help but i have not done one of these yet so im not sure, did i already do it and aquire the skill? if so where is it located, also if i havent done it yet, exactly what am i supposed to do i dont have a quest for it and the little help menu says something about the arcanist guild and there being a quest there not sure how to get there, nothing about a class quest has shown up in my log.

Syia_sl

shitlord
does anyone know if you already have a character on gilg, and you want to make another one do you gotta wait for it to open up again and such? (yes i know theres no point in 2 characters.)

So i just hit 15 and something about "class quest rewards" popped up in the help but i have not done one of these yet so im not sure, did i already do it and aquire the skill? if so where is it located, also if i havent done it yet, exactly what am i supposed to do i dont have a quest for it and the little help menu says something about the arcanist guild and there being a quest there not sure how to get there, nothing about a class quest has shown up in my log.
I made a second char to level with a buddy who's new to the game; I had to wait til 6am EST to make a character on Gilgamesh even though I have one at level cap. The level 15 quest is just like the level 1, 5, and 10 class quests. You pick it up at your class trainer and once you complete the quest, you automatically learn a new ability. The arcanist guild is in Limsa Lominsa, so take a flight there from the airship lift or teleport to the aetheryte.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I made a second char to level with a buddy who's new to the game; I had to wait til 6am EST to make a character on Gilgamesh even though I have one at level cap. The level 15 quest is just like the level 1, 5, and 10 class quests. You pick it up at your class trainer and once you complete the quest, you automatically learn a new ability. The arcanist guild is in Limsa Lominsa, so take a flight there from the airship lift or teleport to the aetheryte.

yeah that sucks nevermind, anyone wanna give me a quick run down on materia, at lvl 19 i got a bunch of slots for it in multiple pieces of gear but havent picked any up yet.

Also is there any downside to having a "europe" region copy? found thisFinal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn + 30 Days Included EU - Buy cheap - G2A.COM

will i be able to attach that to my trial account?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Materia means nothing until you are max level, and then if you aren't crafting/gathering it doesn't mean a whole lot of anything. The relic requires a bit of materia, but raid gear and the token stuff do not have materia slots. I didn't care about it leveling to 50, and honestly neither should anyone else.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You're better of selling any materia you get yeah. You get them from breaking down gear that's soulbound, but not everything can be broken, only some of the leveling dungeon gear can(the generic pieces) and crafted stuff, everything else can't. You can only break down gear once you have done the materia quest. Just ignore the whole thing, even when I leveled chars with several millions I didn't bother melding materias in my leveling gear. There's a bunch of limitations that make it shit in general, and expensive due to the higher demand than supply for the relic, even for the lower level materias.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i just ordered the game, entered my code on on the square site it accepted it, i log into the game it still says im a trial account with 4 days left?

ok wtf.... my sqaure website where i registered is tecknoe4...(i never registered under tecknoe4) registered with the email[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, but my launcher info i use to login is under tecknoe... (my trial account is under tecknoe)not tecknoe4 so somehow i registered it to tecknoe4 and now i have no characters and have to deal with bullshit server lock again lovely.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did you apply it to the right account on mogstation? Like does your mogstation thingie show you have an active account and shit?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Did you apply it to the right account on mogstation? Like does your mogstation thingie show you have an active account and shit?
its applied to tecknoe4, i have never registered an account under tecknoe4, ive been using and logging into my trial account under tecknoe, and i sign in on the website with my email.

So i signed in with my email registered the product tried to login under tecknoe and it said i had 4 days left, so i go back onto the website and at the top it says tecknoe4, thats where its registered im just annoyed i gotta try to get back on gilg, lvl 20 wasnt that big a deal all though it was slow.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Never met a man with so many computer or game issues as TecKnoe lmao
bro i never registered tecknoe4 at allllll i login on mogstation or w/e this retarded site is with my email. not with tecknoe, or tecknoe4, and my trial account is under tecknoe so idk where the fuck this shit came from.

do you think they will just transfer the service over for me? or are they going to be jews, lvl 20 is whatever i just dont wanna play the game of getting up at 6am just to get back on gilg, also there is no fucking live support from these guys?

Also is there anyway i can just cancel/dispute this like today asap? i just hit 20 and i wanna fucking play godamnit! if i can dispute it or call my bank and do something id order up another copy and register it to the right damn account.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never met a man with so many computer or game issues as TecKnoe lmao
I am also personally impressed. Anyway!

Tec, they should transfer the service with no issues. Just make sure that the license you want to activate is attached to your handle, otherwise you won't be able to do anything. At the bottomish of the mogstation screen there's a few tabs that show your created licenses. Find the one that has your character(s) on it and when you talk to SE's customer support (most likely only open during normal business hours) just say you activated the wrong one or something, and make sure you specify exactly which license you want activated. As long as only one license is active with one subscription fee, they shouldn't care which it is.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Expansion is really shaping up. Will be nice to fly around in a MMO again.
tongue.png