Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any money-making tips and daily tasks I should undertake i.e. mining, botany etc?
Depends on your goals, time and expectations. Daily-wise for money, the only thing worth doing is Ixali daillies, but you need to be maxed, which takes like a month, so if you're not already, nothing to see here. You can also get a daily map from gathering, need to be 40+ for the good ones, but it's only like 15-20k a day(though technically takes like 5mins too). Main way to make money is buy some sets of 45+ gear and spiritbind them in Urth's Fount or somewhere else(but urth has groups generally, so goes a lot faster especially if your class sucks at aoeing), if you're poor you buy them from vendors in mor dhona I believe, if you have money or crafters you make HQ ones so they bind faster(the rewards are the same though, it just goes faster so it's not worth paying a fortune for them).

Otherwise you kinda do whatever you want to do and wait for the expansion which is sure to have a lot of new ways to make money, and being higher level the average money will probably increase so no point in rushing. Might want to level gatherers and/or crafters to cap so you don't have to do it then, but who knows, might be faster in the expansion.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, the most consistent money makers are crafting 2 star ingredients that maxed out crafters will use in their 3 and 4 star recipes, and echatl sealants from getting ixali oaknots by doing the dailies for the ixali beastmen faction. Aside from that, gathering mats don't sell super well since there are literally dozens of people on each server farming stuff and putting it up on the board. On Gilg, Darksteel ore is cheaper to purchase than some of the lower tier stuff, even HQ ore. There's probably a decent amount of money to be made when the expac goes live by supplying the guys PLing their crafting right out the gate with the new mats mats, and I would expect prices to be pretty retarded on the new gathered stuff. But since the game has been out for awhile with only a couple of gathering tiers added, the standard stuff available just isn't a big cash cow.

If you can gather and craft the lower tier mats (check your board for prices) then you can make a pretty decent chunk of money that way, but you'll have to do a lot of it to make a reasonable return. The people making big money are the ones with maxed crafters selling... to other crafters. Materia has kept a lot of its value, and if you aren't doing the relic quest then you should dump all of it onto the auction board. Otherwise, just do challenges and if you dig crafting do the ixali dailies, though if you haven't started them already that's easily a couple of weeks to get to the point where it's profitable, and this close to the expac may simply not be worth it. Otherwise it's a pretty secure 60k+ each day for doing 30 minutes worth of dailies. But gathering? Sadly, it just isn't what it used to be.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
How hostile is this game to English-speakers on PC? The hostility towards both of those groups in FFXI was absolutely absurd.

Phandy

Golden Squire
This may seem like a dumb question, but the answers I've found so far are not the most encouraging.

If I last played in the Leviathan patch, will I have to complete all of the story missions to 2.55 (?) to open up the 3.0 storyline in the expansion?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You get Noodle to admit to botting just for fishing and Ill be impressed.

Good to see flying finally being added in this game, as well.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
How hostile is this game to English-speakers on PC? The hostility towards both of those groups in FFXI was absolutely absurd.
Zero, since they have actual NA servers instead of servers with an NA population. The game was also initially released on PC as opposed to consoles, so they have that going for them as well.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Man, really hoping I can get back into my account, damn one-time password, upgraded my phone and can't get back on my account. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow, emailed them Wednesday
frown.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, pretty much every story starts in revenant's toll inside the Rising Stones. Then you just progress through the storyline until you win. You're only 4 trial/dungeon deals away from being finished, but there's -lots- of little courier shit in between.Eorzea Database: Main Scenario Quests | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestoneand just move to the point where you're at in the storyline. It really isn't that bad, just time consuming with a pretty neato story for the most part. And the steps of faith trial part is a complete joke now, so the major cockblock has been removed outside simply going through the motions.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Is there a rundown of the story missions so I can try to catch up?
Go talk to Minifilia or whatever that bitch's name is. Took me like 7ish hours to get from Levi patch to current with the story including queue times and skipping every cut scene.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Preview embargo is lifted, some japanese websites have a bunch of news and what not, things of importance is that first tier of tome gear(like soldiery currently) is 170, AF2 is under that, ilvl bump every 2 levels from 50 to 60, crafted gear is coming in the 3.05 patch(probably at the same time as the raiding shit).

So poetics/final coil gear is garbage by the time you hit 60. Hell, it's probably garbage by the time you hit 56.