Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meaning we get a new AF armor via some new class quests?
Yes, they've already shown the armors too, they're in the benchmark and stuff.

PCGamer has a preview it's linked on reddit, guy's doing a twitch stream in a few hours to show some footage and talk about the game, bunch of new info about the classes.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
thank god i didnt bother to wait for sony to respond and switch my accounts, i hope i dont wake up a week down the road and find my accounts switched, cancelled all my tickets since i caught up.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Preview embargo is lifted, some japanese websites have a bunch of news and what not, things of importance is that first tier of tome gear(like soldiery currently) is 170, AF2 is under that, ilvl bump every 2 levels from 50 to 60, crafted gear is coming in the 3.05 patch(probably at the same time as the raiding shit).

So poetics/final coil gear is garbage by the time you hit 60. Hell, it's probably garbage by the time you hit 56.
Going by pure ilvl yeah, it'll be trash. I think that is what was expected, much like you weren't wearing Umbral for raiding at 60 in EQ for the most part. Though I would imagine it heavily depends on what the tier below (dungeon gear) is leveled at, which if previous sets are an example, will probably be ilvl 150 or so. So the 135 gear might last a little longer comparatively, but I think that it gets completely phased out by the sub-max AF2 gear for just about everyone. So like 2/3 of every server are going to take the cash rewards from quests for the first 5-6 levels of the expac. Personally I love getting new gear, but it does kind of suck that your prowess at previous content only carries you so far in new stuff. Oh well.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Preview embargo is lifted, some japanese websites have a bunch of news and what not, things of importance is that first tier of tome gear(like soldiery currently) is 170, AF2 is under that, ilvl bump every 2 levels from 50 to 60, crafted gear is coming in the 3.05 patch(probably at the same time as the raiding shit).

So poetics/final coil gear is garbage by the time you hit 60. Hell, it's probably garbage by the time you hit 56.
good, i just started and i wont have time to get into BiS gear, so thats nice to know they seem to be going the usual "expansion gear > everything you had previously" route so players like myself can get right into the mix.

Besides really only having 3 dmg abilities atm lvl 25 my main gripe is the long GCD it makes my current rotation feel clunky as hell so hoping that smoothes out but even with more abilities the GCD kinda fucks you anyway.

the animations and such also feel a little off, sometimes looking like im ice skating around rather than walking, im not sure what WoW has done in this sense to keep it from feeling its age but that game is just so damn smooth, but at this point thats just minor things.

Does anyone know how aetherflow works? it says the duration is infinite, but i can only get 2 energy drains off.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Being serious, your lack of knowledge in what you are talking about is absolutely hilarious. Though!

Aetherflow is a stackable infinite buff, that you deplete upon usage. In other words, always be using aetherflow tics and using them to power abilities. Forever. No idea what to tell you about your vision of ability actions being off. They feel completely visceral to me 100% of the time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Being serious, your lack of knowledge in what you are talking about is absolutely hilarious. Though!

Aetherflow is a stackable infinite buff, that you deplete upon usage. In other words, always be using aetherflow tics and using them to power abilities. Forever. No idea what to tell you about your vision of ability actions being off. They feel completely visceral to me 100% of the time.
stackable as in it holds 2 charges? because unless its a bug it dosent stack beyond that, and i never said anything about action abilities (spells etc) i said the walking/run animation sometimes looks like im ice skating, quit frothing at the mouth looking for something to attack me for. Though!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
stackable as in it holds 2 charges? because unless its a bug it dosent stack beyond that.
You get passives at 20 and 40 that give you +1max stack, starts at 1. It doesn't keep stacking, but it never disapear randomly, that's why the duration is infinite. You use Aether, get your stacks, spend them before the 1min cooldown, then use it again, and spend them again. It's how you sustain mana and spend them until you get more ways to use the charges. At 30 you get Bane(spreads your current dots to nearby targets), then later Summoners get a large nuke that does damage based on how many dots there is and I'm too lazy to google the name and Scholars get Lustrate which is an instant cast no GCD 20%health heal and Sacred Soil which is a large aoe that reduces all damage taken by 10%. Just consider it a secondary ressource.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
then later Summoners get a large nuke that does damage based on how many dots there is and I'm too lazy to google the name
I'll give you a hint.

Uncle_Fester_-_Jackie_Coogan.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
stackable as in it holds 2 charges? because unless its a bug it dosent stack beyond that, and i never said anything about action abilities (spells etc) i said the walking/run animation sometimes looks like im ice skating, quit frothing at the mouth looking for something to attack me for. Though!
edit: removed random vitriol. No idea why.

You can get up to three stacks of aetherflow, like Pyros mentioned. I haven't personally run into any graphic issues like you mentioned, and I have all classes at least at 30. Could be specific to your rig.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm still no info on cross class skills for Machinist? I'm almost done with archer(which I think is given) but would like to work a little on the other.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crap! The horror stories I hear from people who had to level Lnc..

Cool on AST, means I just need to level cnj if I ever want to mess around with that.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Decided against playing since I don't have enough time hardly for Smite as it as (fucking so close to Plat division, god damn dc's!!!). So...for whatever reason anyone is looking to jump in and doesn't want to start from scratch I got an account for sale that meets your needs if you want a safe seller vs random Chinese dude 001 (random rerolled white guy #002 at your service).

Account has all classes (adv, gathering, crafting) max, with BiS gear on BLM and 115-128 ilvl average across the rest. Best melds and crafting gear possible outside of Lucia (have lucia on weaver and I believe closing in on a 2nd for GSM). Have weaver max desynth and GSM pretty close. Legacy account, 20M gil + medium house which is selling for 20-30M on the server at the moment. Also have probably a solid 15-25M in items in bank with obvious some level of deflation coming with expansion. Its a EU server but can be transferred, has all sorts of fun minions/mounts etc.

So about as good of an account as you can get for pretty cheap; also something 99% other accounts don't have...a huge group of undone normal quests so you can go finish them all and be ready for turn ins for a big boost in the exp grind to max level come expansion. Even better, no hunting logs done on them! Can go get the last group of them all finished but 1 and then finish the first day of expansion another large boost. If you love racing to the max level.

PM me if you want to know anything. Fucking hate not trying to play since the game is probably the first atmosphere that has pulled me in since Vanguard and its support so well but alas being a casual isn't inmy DNA

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crap! The horror stories I hear from people who had to level Lnc..

Cool on AST, means I just need to level cnj if I ever want to mess around with that.
Lancer is crazy easy, honestly. Until you get the third combo move, you can just use impulse drive and the +damage buff attack. After that, without all the positional requirements you just use the three hit combo. Like every other dps, your queue times will suck, but they can put out some fairly dense dps without a lot of attention needed. Now monks are annoying because -all- of their shit is positional. Kind of fun, but if your tank is an idiot who circles mobs constantly instead of dodging aes and returning to original place, you are in for a hard time on monk. Lancer/Dragoon is just press button receive bacon.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Lancer is crazy easy, honestly. Until you get the third combo move, you can just use impulse drive and the +damage buff attack. After that, without all the positional requirements you just use the three hit combo. Like every other dps, your queue times will suck, but they can put out some fairly dense dps without a lot of attention needed. Now monks are annoying because -all- of their shit is positional. Kind of fun, but if your tank is an idiot who circles mobs constantly instead of dodging aes and returning to original place, you are in for a hard time on monk. Lancer/Dragoon is just press button receive bacon.
Yeah, and luckily, you only have to go to level 34 to get Blood for Bads. I still have to go to 42 on PUG so I can get Mantra for my NIN. ._.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now that I have all my crafters at 50, I'm just waiting for a bit for the leves to replenish to finish out Botanist. I think I could very easily get to 4 star crafting before the expac, but I'm not sure I care to put in that amount of effort.

I wonder if they will let you use sub 50 leves for xp past 50 with the xpac, because if so my blacksmith and weaver are going to be 60 within an hour of the xpac opening, hah.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah not doing it, just musing. I'm currently focusing on getting warrior/paladin to 50 because Dark Knight has class skill with them. Queue times are so excellent =|