Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Poster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just wanted to post here and comment on how much I enjoyed reading teck's dipshit posts in the RebornBuddy forum

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lol?Didn't he get suspended from WoW for botting and goes to FFXIV to do the same thing?
Don't think they ban nearly as much, unless you're being a full on retard and there's a few, I noticed people botting Electrum nodes right next the city in Upper La Noscea for example, for days, and it wasn't like chinese bots, it was some shitty bot that checked every position of the nodes by actually running there. I wouldn't bother botting though, mostly because I enjoy the leveling process, but I guess arguably there's a bunch of stuff that would be nice to bot like a bunch of the combat classes to ~35(coerthas fates and good amount of skills) as well as botanist/mining.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have any moral high ground on botting, I just don't see the point. Especially for a first character or a character running through new content.

Now, gathering, on the other hand... Still wouldn't bot, but that is EQ1 levels of stupid grinding to get to max level.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
And it's so much easier today than it used to be.
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's just the way Teck plays. He only wants to play at max level and that's it. That's fine I guess, but the meat of this game is in the story. Why skip that? To each his own I guess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well technically a large part of the leveling story is pretty crap, until you get to Garuda and such at 40+. So you wouldn't be missing a lot, on the other hand, unless there's a script for it, it means you have to chain ALL the story shit from the beginning once you're at cap, and that sounds boring as all fuck.

Syia_sl

shitlord
Well technically a large part of the leveling story is pretty crap, until you get to Garuda and such at 40+. So you wouldn't be missing a lot, on the other hand, unless there's a script for it, it means you have to chain ALL the story shit from the beginning once you're at cap, and that sounds boring as all fuck.
Can confirm. I am leveling a second character with a friend and the story is mediocre. The problem is that the story unravels at a glacial pace. It feels like there's more story in the newbie zone in SWTOR than 1-20 in FFXIV.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you guys think FFXIV's story is simply mediocre how low do you rank WoW's story, lmao. I find FFXIV's far more interesting and memorable than most MMO storylines.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If you guys think FFXIV's story is simply mediocre how low do you rank WoW's story, lmao. I find FFXIV's far more interesting and memorable than most MMO storylines.
80% of FFXIV quests are pizza delivery quests.

The 20% that aren't are really good.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True, to me though I didn't really feel any more of an overabundance of pizza delivery/fetch me 20 bear asses type quests in FFXIV than I do in other MMOs. /shrug

What I did like about FFXIV's story quests is how it was very character centered. By the end of the original 2.0 questline I felt like the god damn savior of the world, wherein in other MMOs it felt more like a vague "you and your friends saved the day, big deal". WoW finally started to take that inidividualistic point of view with the story lore in WoD, but it just wasn't enough.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i think someone posted it before, but does anyone have it on hand im looking for that guide for prepping new players that just hit 50 for the expansion.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
80% of FFXIV quests are pizza delivery quests.

The 20% that aren't are really good.
I was pissed when early on in the story quest, I got an item that supposedly let me talk with the main story quest location remotely, yet they STILL made my ass take 20 minutes to port/fly back to hand in the latest bear ass quest ;\

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was pissed when early on in the story quest, I got an item that supposedly let me talk with the main story quest location remotely, yet they STILL made my ass take 20 minutes to port/fly back to hand in the latest bear ass quest ;\
Minfilia needs in person updates to what you have done, so she can tell you what you just did and repeat what the quest NPC said that you need to do next. I was delighted when she got kidnapped.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's pretty bad, especially since the location is retarded and doesn't have a TP directly next to it.

Apparently they're doubling quest xp in the expansion, so it'll be faster to level for new players I guess. Not sure if they have any plans for other people.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm a 43 WHM and enjoying the story, except some lame midquests, for example the pre-Titan ones. In general the bear asses are few, quickly done (max 4 or 5 kills, rarely 6) and exp-wise they are rewarding. My only issue is if I have to level a second class (and I'll certainly cap scholar), my options are probably only fates and leves.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah but you get what is it, 50% bonus xp for kills or whatever on chars that are lower level than your max, so it goes quite a bit faster. But it's kinda grindy doing FATEs over and over, I didn't mind it too much though, it's not super different than doing the same quests multiple times like in wow or whatever. The daily roulettes are great too, it's 1 level a day for a very small amount of play.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it's pretty bad, especially since the location is retarded and doesn't have a TP directly next to it.

Apparently they're doubling quest xp in the expansion, so it'll be faster to level for new players I guess. Not sure if they have any plans for other people.
doubling only for players under 50? or is that for level 50s as well going through 60? the new player thing makes me think it dosent go passed 50.