Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
The number of pugs I had fall off on that wall was amazing. At that point the gear wasn't great as you were rolling around in half darklight and half leveling gear. If someone fell off it was pretty much a wipe.

How bad are law tomes to get? Do you get extra for doing roulette or is it just from bosses?
You get 100 daily from high level and low level roulette. 60 from duty roulette.

80 from the two experts dungeons, 80 expert roulette daily, and 40 bonus when it's the first time for someone.

Pretty easy to stuff yourself.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The reason I was asking is should I save my dailies for 60. I am half way through 59 and should be 60 easy tonight. Sounds like saving them is probably the way to go.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Given how long it will be before Alexander fully unlocks, I doubt there is any point to saving your dailies.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I will start on the 59 main quest, I am just past the Library, and see how far it takes me. It might take me to 60 so I can do my dailies afterwards. As a tank my queues are like 5 minutes or less.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So for anyone who hit 60 already im curious did you follow the MSQ and move through each zone along with it while doing whatever sidequests came along and werent out of the way, or did you stay and do all sidequests(or majority) i know alot of chains get you currents so im not including those since ill just come back around and get the currents for flying at 60.

Im trying to figure the fastest way, WoW was move every 2 levels so your doing quests that are your level and killing mobs your level, does the same apply here with FF but just using the MSQ as the guide on where to go?

Draynar_sl

shitlord
1. Tough question. There are 2 ways gear are handled, by spec/stat usage and by class. Some gear is ONLY for one class. Other gear is for Tanks/Healers/Melee DPS/Dex DPS/Caster/DPS and can be shared so all 3 healers can use same gear sometimes even if its not ideal Same for dragoon/nin smn/blm bard/machinist etc.

2. You spend those points per base class so only classes that have that isse are summoner and scholar which share same base class of Arcanist.

3. Crafting is a big time/money sink that if you really get into can make you butt loads of cash. I'll let someone else answer about this gear its a lot to cover

Wondering if someone could give me some info on how things work at the endgame. Hard to find good info.

#1 Itemization. Right now I have paladin and warrior at 31, trying to decide which to pick. It seems like they each have their strengths and weaknesses, but I was wondering if the gear at the end is class specific or just heavy/light/medium etc. If I leveled them both to 50 would I be looking at two separate sets of gear, or just changing weapons basically?

#2 People say you can level all jobs on one character, but if attribute resets cost 10k seals is that really viable? If I level up a dps job will it be gimped if I have my tank attributes up all the time, or is there really offspecing?

#3 Is there anywhere to see what the benefits of each crafting skill are? Obviously you can repair but it's hard to find out just how useful each crafting skill is, especially since much of the good gear comes from smaller instances(4/8). Is it worth doing?

Anyway, cool game. Hoping to get to 60 soonish and see the new expansion. I like the idea of smaller group stuff being the endgame.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
You need to do every single side quests or you'll hit xp gaps where you're to low to move the MSQ on you still might if you don't do some roulette and dailies in. Easiest method is do MSQ until you hit next level cap then go back and do every single mission available in all zones.

So for anyone who hit 60 already im curious did you follow the MSQ and move through each zone along with it while doing whatever sidequests came along and werent out of the way, or did you stay and do all sidequests(or majority) i know alot of chains get you currents so im not including those since ill just come back around and get the currents for flying at 60.

Im trying to figure the fastest way, WoW was move every 2 levels so your doing quests that are your level and killing mobs your level, does the same apply here with FF but just using the MSQ as the guide on where to go?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I was forced to do all of the side quests in every zone except one but I did 50-59 in two sittings (so 3 roulette's as I logged in early on Friday). The more Roulette's and Fates, etc you do, the less side story you need to do. Also, finish your challenge log each week, it's bonkers good exp for doing things that give you good exp anyways.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am trying to fire this up again but cant remember my login and when I try to recover it says my sq/a is wrong. Ugh what a pain.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ishgard daytime theme makes my pants tight, god damn did they ever do a good job with the OST in this expansion.

I can't wait to actually be through the MSQ to hear this shit in game lol

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Even with tank/healer some of these trials for the MSQ leveling up are taking 30+ mins to pop. Been waiting on the 35 Primal Titan forever.

Needless

Toe Sucker
DPS queues seem to be faster at those levels with all the people rerolling DK/Astro so yeah, definitely gonna take awhile.

I'm finally on.. 2.4 i think? the shiva MSQ stuff... almost done with this shit *sigh* lol

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even with tank/healer some of these trials for the MSQ leveling up are taking 30+ mins to pop. Been waiting on the 35 Primal Titan forever.
When I logged on earlier this morning, my roulette dungeons were all Class in Need: DPS. But if I want to queue for any of the dungeons or trials in the xpac, my pop is almost instantaneous. A -lot- of people are leveling astros and dark knights right now. This means that they aren't queuing for trials they don't need, and I'm not sure the duty finder for trials is seeing heavy use sub 60 since the trials themselves rarely give xp and usually no loot. Also the people that were/are leading the pack towards 60 are, you guessed it, healers and tanks, with the fastest way to get law tokens isn't using the trial but running the three top end dungeons over and over again.

I can't even imagine what trying to queue for Chimera or Hydra is like for the relic right now. Maybe once SE becomes a bit more clear on how they are handling the next multi step weapon quest, and exactly how having the previous relic makes it useful.

Malkav

French Madman
When I logged on earlier this morning, my roulette dungeons were all Class in Need: DPS. But if I want to queue for any of the dungeons or trials in the xpac, my pop is almost instantaneous. A -lot- of people are leveling astros and dark knights right now. This means that they aren't queuing for trials they don't need, and I'm not sure the duty finder for trials is seeing heavy use sub 60 since the trials themselves rarely give xp and usually no loot. Also the people that were/are leading the pack towards 60 are, you guessed it, healers and tanks, with the fastest way to get law tokens isn't using the trial but running the three top end dungeons over and over again.

I can't even imagine what trying to queue for Chimera or Hydra is like for the relic right now. Maybe once SE becomes a bit more clear on how they are handling the next multi step weapon quest, and exactly how having the previous relic makes it useful.
On my server at least, most 60 still do the Trial roulette. It's 60 Law tomestones in like 5 minutes. Got the Chimera 2 times in the roulette in the last three days.
Same with the low level and high level roulette. I've seen full 60 group in those, mobs just explode and you do the thing in like 15/20 min for 100 law.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the trial roulette helps a lot since it still rolls the old trials in it, and it gives a good amount of tomes, so that's not so bad. I did it earlier, got steps, was like 5people at 50+(bunch 60 myself included), so new players don't have much of an issue, and they have priority for queues so even a DPS will get a decently fast queue for a first clear. The roulettes are very rewarding currently at 60, I guess it was how they planned it and it works pretty well. They're also not too bad for leveling so even 50+ non capped people do them. Or do them on a 30/50 to get daily xp bonus for their alt classes so it's not too bad.

Started leveling my SCH so I get a DPS class at 60(SMN which was improved a ton) and also well, SCH. Astrologian is alright but I'm disliking certain aspects. It's basically the "purest" healer, doing DPS on AST is a pain in the ass while healing and mana is a fucking disaster on the class(maybe once I have more piety, I don't know) so even when you find time it's sometimes not a good idea to damage. That's fine and I like the minigame of managing cards, but I really preferred the SCH approach of being half a DPS, it speeds up everything a lot. Selene was buffed a lot too, her fucking dispel is grandiose when you have a WAR tank, she dispels the Pacification like instantly. Main issue is how fucking slow leveling seems to be now that I'm out of quests. I guess I'll take it slow with a daily approach. You do get a fair amount of xp just running high/low/trial DR and the 3 stacks of mark bills(though not every class can solo the lvl 59 mobs at 50 like SCH can, I guess ^^).

Xalara

Golden Squire
Actually SE has been pretty clear about the next relic weapon.

1) You do not need to do any of the previous relic weapon to start the new one.
2) If you made it to a certain point with the old relic (Zeta?) then you will be able to skip Y steps with the new relic weapon.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Hit 60 last night, gonna finish the MSQs tonight, then I begin the long road ahead of me of leveling MNK from 17 to 60. @_@

Malkav

French Madman
Hunts are currently a pain in the ass kinda.
You really need to have a good hunt LS and be quick when it announces things, because people barely wait before pulling.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm enjoying the game but man this combat after playing Wildstar feels like baby's first MMO. Dunno why they wouldn't add the ability to roll and make interrupts a bigger deal, it's just way more engaging.