Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Carl_sl

shitlord
Tried to make a trial account as well and never received an email to register. They really make it challenging for people to play.
Had this issue as well, turns out if you have an account with them under that email and just don't remember it, not only will they not email you, they won't tell you there's already an account registered. Ended up making the account with my school email.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Holy though, hnngh. Even after nerfs it still owns lol

Leveling lancer up, gotta get to 32 so i can have blood for blood on my ninja zzz

Carl_sl

shitlord
That 100% xp bonus from having a higher level character is awesome in dungeons, getting 1300 xp per kill as a level 15 makes it fly by.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Holy though, hnngh. Even after nerfs it still owns lol

Leveling lancer up, gotta get to 32 so i can have blood for blood on my ninja zzz
I mained DRG for the first year of the game. I found the dancing around the mob to be pretty fun. I don't know what it's like now but the rotation for perfect DPS was like a 36 button sequence and when you had to leave because of mechanics in a boss fight, it was always cool to see if you could get back in and figure out the best place in the middle of that rotation to start. I played all the DPS at 50 except Ninja and it was, by far, the one I could always find little bars of improvement on.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
DPS queues seem to be faster at those levels with all the people rerolling DK/Astro so yeah, definitely gonna take awhile.

I'm finally on.. 2.4 i think? the shiva MSQ stuff... almost done with this shit *sigh* lol
bro i feel so bad for you, you're slogging through the gay ass story, just to slog through more storyquest after, i think the only cutscene i watched was shiva, really cuts down on time, and im not a story guy they could have literally had no story just collect bear ass quests and itd be the same for me to 60 until raids, the thing i find annoying is the kill quests are like 2-3 mobs so its all that traveling for 2 mob kills for a quest, yah its nice you breeze through quests but idk, i feel all over the place, go to this corner of the map click on this item, run across the map for next quest kill 2 mobs teleport back to hub.

but yeah thats what ive been doing daily roulette for the log / commendations and im just plowing MSQ and like you said going back to the zone and bang out side quests, wish dungeons were good exp id run those in between MSQ and that would probably keep me well off.

So far the expansion looks great, like the look of some of the newer?(they made be old models im new) mobs, world looks great, and its nice to get away from the WoW type cartoon style graphics

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Quick question: Should I spend my grand company seals on a weapon at 50, or is there a better purpose? I hear you get some gear from the new MSQ but it sounds like the weapon is not included.

Needless

Toe Sucker
you'll eventually get a i90 weapon (2.2 or 2.3 content?) and later on a i110 weapon at the very end of the 2.4 content.

it really depends on how far you are through the MSQ. I found it worth it to get a GC weapon at 50, but i also had a large abundance of seals i needed to get rid of by the time i was midway through the 40s lol

bro i feel so bad for you, you're slogging through the gay ass story, just to slog through more storyquest after, i think the only cutscene i watched was shiva, really cuts down on time, and im not a story guy they could have literally had no story just collect bear ass quests and itd be the same for me to 60 until raids, the thing i find annoying is the kill quests are like 2-3 mobs so its all that traveling for 2 mob kills for a quest, yah its nice you breeze through quests but idk, i feel all over the place, go to this corner of the map click on this item, run across the map for next quest kill 2 mobs teleport back to hub.

but yeah thats what ive been doing daily roulette for the log / commendations and im just plowing MSQ and like you said going back to the zone and bang out side quests, wish dungeons were good exp id run those in between MSQ and that would probably keep me well off.

So far the expansion looks great, like the look of some of the newer?(they made be old models im new) mobs, world looks great, and its nice to get away from the WoW type cartoon style graphics
i've been skipping every cutscene too, it makes it a bit faster, and oddly enough the only cutscenes i stopped to watch was shiva as well.. primarily because the whole music around her scenes were really good. Hopefully i can finish the 2.5 content tonight and finally be done with that shit though haha

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't skip the cutscenes in the 2.5 and 3.0 quests. They're pretty good. The story in Heavensward has been bad ass.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure there's a full cutscene collection on YouTube somewhere. Atleast that's what I'm counting on. Watching all those as I level would slow me down bigtime

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally reached Ishgard, I decided to start a new character on Friday. They really smoothed out the xp curve, I remember my first time I had to do tons of fate to level since quest xp lead to tons of places where you were too level to get the next quests...especially after 40. I actually never had to grind fate, just stuck to quests, and never ran out...actually skipped a bunch of side quest too. I did run a fair amount of dungeons though, but not so great as to make that much difference.

I have to say the final part of 2.5 questlines is pretty damn awesome, can't wait to start on heavensward now.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
My first email for the trial account(gmail) never received it either. Did my private email and it worked fine.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I finally reached Ishgard, I decided to start a new character on Friday. They really smoothed out the xp curve, I remember my first time I had to do tons of fate to level since quest xp lead to tons of places where you were too level to get the next quests...especially after 40. I actually never had to grind fate, just stuck to quests, and never ran out...actually skipped a bunch of side quest too. I did run a fair amount of dungeons though, but not so great as to make that much difference.

I have to say the final part of 2.5 questlines is pretty damn awesome, can't wait to start on heavensward now.
If it's your first character there's basically plenty of quest/sidequest stuff to get you to 50, as long as you are hitting your hunt logs you'll be fine without fates (especially after they added the daily roulettes). With secondary characters, you have sub 50 leveling at 100% bonus xp for combat classes at a minimum, and fates become considerably more attractive to use for leveling purposes. The exact same situation occurs in ishgard. You have -mostly- enough xp through story/side quests (with a little dungeon grinding/daily hunt hitting/rouletting) for your first character, but it is definitely going to be queue for dungeon and do Fates on every other character (or just do dungeons if you are healer/tank) because with the base bonus applied to everything, and rested/food, you get a -ton- of xp from dungeons/fates compared to when you first ran through them.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You can watch them all at your inn room.
That's what I was led to believe when I did the 50 dungeon. There are lots of scenes in that dungeon, that if you skip, you will not see in the Inn. Unless they changed it since launch.

Anyways, called phone support today regarding my account. The problem was that when I asked for a password reset, their e-mail system is case sensitive, so I apparently had two accounts tied to the same email, where you can also have multiple login names for the same email. So when I asked for a password reset, I had asked for a registered account, but the one I had not used since the 2010 beta.

Phone support guy immediately knew the reason though, and said their system was very complicated in terms of account creation, made even more so by the case sensitive nature of e-mails. In theory[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */(and all the combinations onwards) could be tied to different accounts even though they are all one e-mail, and all accounts could have several service accounts.

They do not have the ability to transfer characters between accounts either. So now I have two accounts, like in old EQ days of grinding.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm no, all the cutscenes are in the inn. However there's a bunch of sub categories which is not obvious when you first look at it, I remember back in 2.0 it took me like 5mins to figure out where the imperial arc dungeons stuff was, but it was indeed there.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Never bought a gift on steam. Currently I have the problem of not being able to buy the expansion again, because I have already bought it (and registered it to the wrong account).

If I buy it and gift it to myself, will I then get a separate CD key as the gift, or would I need a separate Steam account for that? Reason I ask is because on the Square Enix site it says that the expansion is not compatible with the steam version of the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm weird problem, I'd assume you could just make a different steam account and buy it then use that key. You could try gifting it to yourself too, not sure how that works tbh.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hmm weird problem, I'd assume you could just make a different steam account and buy it then use that key. You could try gifting it to yourself too, not sure how that works tbh.
Thought about creating a new account, but Steam has it so that you can't purchase the expansion without also buying the normal game. Have a ticket in with them about wanting to buy a new key. Every support topic that I found regarding duplicate keys was tied to errors of being billed twice. I actually want to be billed twice for duplicate keys.