Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Radge_sl

shitlord
Anyone have any experience with MCH after the latest patch? I'd like to play one as guns are my thing but the stigma that the class is terrible is keeping me from it only because I'd rather not people view me as bad based soley on the class that im playing.
If its what you want to play, then just play it. Post-patch, its doing comparable numbers to Bard. Its a necessary support class, so it could be doing -5 DPS and people would still have to bring one.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
14 mins and gonna be done downloading this on my ps4. Pretty pumped I barely had a chance to play it when it came out.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
jfc the download is taking FOREVER (and has been quitting part way through it)

Needless

Toe Sucker
man... some people are incredibly bad at dodging in this game. Almost ran out of god damn time in DD with how bad the ninja and dragoon were at doing dps and dodging shit :\

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I just dinged 49 and I guess I'm starting the end of story content for the original game.

I imagine I've got a lot of shit to do to get from here to the expansion content. Are there any comprehensive guides out there I can survey to have an idea what steps I need to take? I'm certain this question has been asked 100000 times recently, but if someone could help a brother out, I'd appreciate it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So I just dinged 49 and I guess I'm starting the end of story content for the original game.

I imagine I've got a lot of shit to do to get from here to the expansion content. Are there any comprehensive guides out there I can survey to have an idea what steps I need to take? I'm certain this question has been asked 100000 times recently, but if someone could help a brother out, I'd appreciate it.
Just follow the quests. You run around....a lot. The story isn't bad but you will be fedexing like a motherfucker.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't follow a guide but i looked atthis pageto see how many quests i had left in each section of the MSQ. Possible spoilers, but not really.

Theres a lot.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just follow the quests. You run around....a lot. The story isn't bad but you will be fedexing like a motherfucker.
Cool. I'm waiting on duty finder to get me a group for Operation Archon now.

added: Okay well that was fast. They blew this guy to pieces. I barely had to do anything but throw a few regens and a couple cure 2s

I didn't follow a guide but i looked atthis pageto see how many quests i had left in each section of the MSQ. Possible spoilers, but not really.

Theres a lot.
Thanks.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

Set Mor Dhona's crystal as a favorite because you're going to be teleporting there approximately 30,000 times

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its okay on console, but if you don't already have it, you'll have to get both original game and expac

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This end of story line stuff is a little nuts. Everyone seems to know it so well they just blast through it. I'm totally getting carried by pugs. Not used to that. Crazy.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This end of story line stuff is a little nuts. Everyone seems to know it so well they just blast through it. I'm totally getting carried by pugs. Not used to that. Crazy.
Let's be honest, you're getting carried by their gear. All of those people still suck.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Let's be honest, you're getting carried by their gear. All of those people still suck.
Entirely possible. They all look geared to the teeth as well.

Oh wait credits rolling.

Didn't see that coming already. Crazy.

Now to figure out what to do next.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seriously debating on buying this for PS4 and reactivating my account but I worry it will suck on a console.
It takes a while getting used to, and tbh I wouldn't ever want to heal on a pad, but the rest works out pretty fine, especially if you play certain easier classes and what not. Note that buying the base game on PS4, assuming you don't have it, comes with a free month. So you wouldn't need to reactivate. You would however also need heavensward if you want to play that, and their system is shitty so you need heavensward on both PC and PS4 if you want to alternate.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Seriously debating on buying this for PS4 and reactivating my account but I worry it will suck on a console.
I play on both. I main a WAR, and I usually won't do expert dungeons/EX primals on the PS4 because when things get hectic or when there are several targets on the screen, the controller is annoying to use--at least until I've overgeared the content by a particular margin. This makes it kind of aggravating to maintain control over the battle sometimes. I would imagine its the same for healers. For the more hectic content I prefer my g600. On the other hand, this might just be because I don't do that stuff a lot on ps4, so my muscle memory (as compared to PC) is lacking. If i could use my keyboard and g600 on my couch, I'd probably play on the ps4 more.

For gathering/crafting and DPSing, the PS4 is just fine, because generally you're just performing a single function and dodging aoe attacks.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, when mindlessly gathering I use my 360 controller on the PC, or when doing fates and not chatting much. For most dungeons you can probably get away with a controller pretty easily while tanking/healing, just might get sketchy in the harder areas or in fights with lots of shit going on.