Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I don't have a gaming PC any more and just looking for casual fun.

I have a 50 bard so just going to grind out some other stuff for fun. I will think about it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Black mages apparently refuse to do mechanics because it means leaving their ley lines. Good times.

misery_sl

shitlord
I think this is the first time since joining the game that I've struggled to find an FC, and this server has tons of them. Can anyone with some Gilgamesh experience give me the names of some decent FCs with a bunch of active members, casual raid and group stuff, etc? I'm not looking for anything too hardcore, or the FC that invites every newbie without an FC tag either. Just a happy medium fun to be around FC. 10 or less players during the day doesn't do it for me either.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I think this is the first time since joining the game that I've struggled to find an FC, and this server has tons of them. Can anyone with some Gilgamesh experience give me the names of some decent FCs with a bunch of active members, casual raid and group stuff, etc? I'm not looking for anything too hardcore, or the FC that invites every newbie without an FC tag either. Just a happy medium fun to be around FC. 10 or less players during the day doesn't do it for me either.
I'm 0 for 2 so far. I joined one leveling when I was level 25 and we were the second people to 60 in the FC. Then I joined a smaller one who claimed to almost have a raiding party ready to go and it ended up being 6 people, only 4 of whom I saw in the 3 days I was in it and only 3 of whom was 60.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's more about finding the right group than FC. When I was raiding in this game our static had a few people outside of the FC. I would try to hop into some groups looking for your class of choice and see if you can get something to stick. Thats what I plan to do if I get the time. If you're in the linkshell ReCliqued, you can ask Krip, Jaen or Rexie if their FCs are looking. They might see this post too.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've done everything so far completely in pugs. I joined Kriptini's FC and the Rerolled LS, but that was only like two days ago and I just hit 50 today and am working my way upwards from there, so I can't comment on pretty much anything else, but it really feels like all but the most progressive of raiding in this game can be done almost entirely in pugs. I mean the largest groups you get are 8 people.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You could come join Fat Chocobo! We have a lot of players at level cap doing content together. (There's a Bismarck Ex prog going on as I type this.)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can vouch Krip's FC Fat Chocobo is at minimum incredibly friendly and welcoming to newcomers.

I like em.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Valk D isn't full atm.... It's big and active though a bit impersonal.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm probably a few weeks out from being able to get all three of my desired classes to 60 plus fully decked out in law time gear. Is that going to put me too far behind or will I still find plenty of Bismarck / ravana ex groups and hopefully even squeeze into an alexander static?
Classes - 60 paladin, working on whm now 52, then taking scholar from 50-60 after that

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I'm probably a few weeks out from being able to get all three of my desired classes to 60 plus fully decked out in law time gear. Is that going to put me too far behind or will I still find plenty of Bismarck / ravana ex groups and hopefully even squeeze into an alexander static?
Classes - 60 paladin, working on whm now 52, then taking scholar from 50-60 after that
People will run current content until new content is added, which won't be until september-ish, so you have time to get everything decked out in law gear. Statics get made all the time and Ravanah will still be needed for an easy i190 weapon(I assume esoterics weapon will be tied to savage drop like they did in the past). Bismark might be the annoying one as there's no real reason to run it once you have unlocked Ravanah, but should still find groups for it I guess.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ding ding. Turned off windows FW and shit finished quickly. Now to finish work early and get started.
You can add the exceptions in the Win FW, namely ffxivlauncher.exe, ffxivboot.exe, etc. (get all executable in your folder to be safe). Also Avast is fucking annoying as well, you have to turn it off before launching the patcher or you won't see the fields to inpunt your ID and password, etc.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
When people start leveling alternate jobs, what do they do to gear them? It seems you level alt jobs entirely with fates/dungeons/hunting log, so not sure where the gear is coming from (outside of dungeons, which seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to gear entirely from). Is it entirely from crafting/spending ridiculous amounts at the Market board?

I'm far from doing this since I'm only 41 on my main class but was curious.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thought I was closing in on the 2.5 storyline... TURNS out I just finished 2.2. Fucking. :|

It's a great storyline, don't get me wrong (I'm investigating the riots in Uldahl now), but I really wanted to start leveling rather than just MSQ to catch up.

Guess it's my fault for not keeping up.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone here with MNK endgame experience on ps4? Is it a viable setup or is the positioning/targetswitching too slow?
Make sure your buttons for Shoulder Tackle, Form Shift, Snap Punch, and Demolish are easily accessible and you should never have a problem target switching.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
When people start leveling alternate jobs, what do they do to gear them? It seems you level alt jobs entirely with fates/dungeons/hunting log, so not sure where the gear is coming from (outside of dungeons, which seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to gear entirely from). Is it entirely from crafting/spending ridiculous amounts at the Market board?

Dungeon drops and your grand company (maelstrom, flames, vipers, etc.) have tons of gear for seals. They'll generally keep you decent enough. Getting the 1 5 10 15 weapons from your class quests and from then on dungeon gear / weapons and GC gear / weapons will carry you to cap quite well equipped. Dungeon exp is also fantastic in comparison to most activities (especially pre 50) so it's really worthwhile to have it queued while doing other stuff. Or just chain running them :3

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone here with MNK endgame experience on ps4? Is it a viable setup or is the positioning/targetswitching too slow?
I'm not sure what you mean by target switching, it's the same as other classes? Positionning can be annoying but if you lock the target, you can like strafe very easily while still facing the mob, which actually makes it very easy to do on a pad versus having to mouse look adjust while strafing on pc. Downside is you don't have nearly as much precision as it kinda move along a "circle" to keep the same distance and while you can also move close/further at the same time, it isn't quite the same. But for most fights it's irrelevant.

Monk's advantage is their fighting is extremely static. There's no procs or variance to it, you can tell on a given move what you're doing several moves ahead, so you can always plan on what you're going to use. What you want is your 6 main rotation moves easily accessible, then all your cooldowns and stuff can be somewhere else. I don't know if you can setup traditional bars on console to monitor all cooldowns even when they're not visible, if you can though, setup one, otherwise try to cram them all on the main bars. Leaves a bunch of situational stuff and all the new skills that are for when you run around during fights which you can put on another bar.

Crafted gear, and you can get a bunch of gear from the GC vendors too, though that means you do need some GC seals, they're easy to get at 50+ though, like random 51+ dungeon items you turn in give 700+ seals so you can gear up alts with all the GC gear they can use, and fill the rest with crafted(or vendor if the prices are high, which is the case on a bunch of stuff). The only real slot that matters when lvling is the weapon though, armor you can upgrade every 10-15levels and it doesn't really matter, even as a tank. I generally didn't even use armor until 15, then made me a set that would last me until 32 or so, then another set and I was done, however I think they remove dthe original AF to replaced it with i90 AF so you don't get free 45 armor anymore, so might be worth redoing a set at 40ish. Weapons you get frequent upgrades through GC, with a hole at 35 so I'd generally make one for these, and obviously pre 20 you don't get anything so a lvl 5/10/15 weapon.