Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
also ningai is a poop FC dont join them if you want to do anything with them as a guild, they got their 1 team thats it, rest of the members are incompetent or a casual soul.
I was in Ningai for a short while before I took over Fat Chocobo. They were really cool. I think your quote says more about you than it does them...

orcmauler

Golden Squire
The experience buf is 100% from 0-50, and 50% from 50-60. This is all contingent on you already having a high level class.
I know there is a catch up mechanism, but I see characters with a specific buff on them that adds extra battle xp. That is the buff that I lack--had thought that you got it at 50 but, again, don't have it myself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I know there is a catch up mechanism, but I see characters with a specific buff on them that adds extra battle xp. That is the buff that I lack--had thought that you got it at 50 but, again, don't have it myself.
That's a FC buff. FCs can run 2 buffs every 24hours(well at max rank), it's like 30% reduced teleport costs, 15%battle or craft or gather xp, +control/gather/craftsmanship/perception, longer food buffs, better chocobo xp, faster spiritbinding, less duration on the rez weakness and some other shit like that. I think most FCs run battle xp atm for lvling, and then food for raiding, with reduced TP costs as a general QoL one since it cuts down the amount of goldsink by a fair amount for people who don't farm. Smaller FCs can afford to switches buffs to fit their activity more closely though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
can you generally craft HQ stuff with non HQ materials without it being completely RNG ~20% chance? i leveled up culinarian to 50 on the weekend using up my leves and i figured i could make some bank just making some of the more popular PL leve foods. Curious if i can just do the lower level foods using normal mats though

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This game lags like ass every evening for me. Shits unplayable outside of soloing. Anyone had similar issues and found a fix? Around 9-12 eastern time, every night.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
That's a FC buff. FCs can run 2 buffs every 24hours(well at max rank), it's like 30% reduced teleport costs, 15%battle or craft or gather xp, +control/gather/craftsmanship/perception, longer food buffs, better chocobo xp, faster spiritbinding, less duration on the rez weakness and some other shit like that. I think most FCs run battle xp atm for lvling, and then food for raiding, with reduced TP costs as a general QoL one since it cuts down the amount of goldsink by a fair amount for people who don't farm. Smaller FCs can afford to switches buffs to fit their activity more closely though.
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
can you generally craft HQ stuff with non HQ materials without it being completely RNG ~20% chance? i leveled up culinarian to 50 on the weekend using up my leves and i figured i could make some bank just making some of the more popular PL leve foods. Curious if i can just do the lower level foods using normal mats though
Lower level stuff should be no problem, but for stuff on your level, you pretty much need Byregot's Blessing.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I was in Ningai for a short while before I took over Fat Chocobo. They were really cool. I think your quote says more about you than it does them...
sure they are cool, but outside of their 7 "core" members GL doing anything with the FC, ive tried
smile.png
them being cool, dosent make my statement wrong im in the guild now clearly so im pretty sure i have a more accurate assumption than you.

yes im the incompetent one, or the casual soul you got me, im doing 800ish dps on my summoner think im doing alright, according to ACT, that whole switching the shit i said about ningai onto me dosent work well,
Im just a member trying to start groups, run raids thats it, not my fault they have 8 active members and a bunch of filler goons, just reporting back what i observe and know
smile.png

I think we join guilds for different reasons, i join to raid and be apart of the guild not just be filler for a core group, so when they get bored of eachother they have other people to talk to, pfft the guild chat is even dead almost all day, you ask for any kind of group its like crickets, but yeah ill stop bashing on ningai, since they are "cool", not sure why you join guilds pretty sure i know why you run one gotta have that sense of being wanted by something in this world.

btw that core group, can barely drop A4, and ravana lmao, "their top" summoner pulls.... 500 if hes lucky magical, the one A4 i did with them was sad incredibly sad, they have 2 good players, latch butcher and some tank.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
on a single target fight? yeah ok, please show me non doctored parse's
I don't need to show you shit. Any SMN worth their weight can easily hit 1k; exceptional SMNs are hitting as high as 1.2k on single-target. Our static BLM and BRD - who don't even main SMN - can both hit 1k single-target. SMNs are the 2nd highest DPS right now, behind DRG.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i dont even have ACT set to combine my dmg with my pets, so i wonder what my dps number would look like then :p im at 800, garuda is at 400

just parsed, with pet combined 1.2

Cathex_sl

shitlord
This game lags like ass every evening for me. Shits unplayable outside of soloing. Anyone had similar issues and found a fix? Around 9-12 eastern time, every night.
Same. Super annoying as a healer in particular. "Sorry guys, I'm lagging." "Sure..." My recent fix is switching to tethered Internet via my cell when the lag hits. Works well but highly irritating to switch. I've read that having Fios is problematic, particularly on the West Coast.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Same. Super annoying as a healer in particular. "Sorry guys, I'm lagging." "Sure..." My recent fix is switching to tethered Internet via my cell when the lag hits. Works well but highly irritating to switch. I've read that having Fios is problematic, particularly on the West Coast.
Yeah i am on fios, if this shit cant be fixed thats really lame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can probably fix it by going through a VPN that will route you in a less shitty way to the servers, there's a bunch of services that do that but generally have to pay. It's not really square's fault, other than having their servers in canada.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Can probably fix it by going through a VPN that will route you in a less shitty way to the servers, there's a bunch of services that do that but generally have to pay. It's not really square's fault, other than having their servers in canada.
I recommend SoftEther. It's free and fairly reliable. It's maintained by a university in Japan.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Stupid maintenance, guess a major exploit was found or something. Maybe something with the weekly resets, kinda sucks though.