Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Please fix the DRG wheeling thrust/fang and claw bullshit. That's the worst game design in existance. I haven't done my 58 class quest for that exact purpose. The 60 skill is nice, but I can be without it and am likely more DPS not having the 58 skill than I am with it, especially when tanks are constantly shifting positions themselves. I have never seen a game where you a dps class gets a new skill at a higher level that actually drops your dps at worst, and makes no difference to your dps at best.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I've been trying to level my whm up fast now that my pally is 60. But I don't think I can keep this pace up for sch, it's just too painful. Not sure why I decided to save sch for last since that's my main - I think I had some strategy where by then everyone would have the extremes and experts on farm so it'd be smoother for me but now I'm thinking am gonna fall too far behind. As it is people in my fc relatively more 'casual' already doing alexander while i still grind out dungeons and nthan fates on my whm, it sucks. Probably just do rouletes and the hunts each day on sch and see how that goes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
boooyahhhh!

rrr_img_103241.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Grats, I haven't touched fishing yet personally. Got 4/8 crafts at cap, the rest at 53(fucking armorer daillies)-56, got all the master books already and gathers are 57. I have a lot more combat stuff done though, I've gotten AST to 60, Monk to 60, PLD to 55 and SCH to 57 and then DRK/MCH to like 35-37. Also got full law on both healer and monk and cleared Bismark and Alexander, still have yet to give Ravanah a serious try though, need to find a good PF at some point so I can farm weapons.

I'll probably be done with crafting in a few days, not really rushing it and I'm low on leves anyway, and gathering I'm just doing GC daily and not touching them after that, I think I did collectables once then I was like fuck this. I don't think I'll bother getting gather scrips or any of that shit, I do need to farm some more crafting scripts and get a bunch of delineations and 2k in case of before savage alex. Luckily shit's easy as fuck, all I have to do is farm some dark chestnut for a few hours(ugh) since they're overpriced as shit, and then spam marron glaces with a 2button macros for easy scrips. It's like 1500scrips an hour doing semi afk shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Trying to convince myself to go do all these dungeons and their hard mode equivalents so I can progress.

It'll get done eventually, its just eh. Better than fate grinding to progress, but not by much.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone got any of the master 3 books? Anyone know what the craft/control requirements are?
I got all of them, not sure what reqs you mean, but they're not like the original master books at all. Now you need scrips for them, you get scrips by crafting items as collectable(it's a toggle lvl 50 skill), Rowena only accepts specific items every day, only 56+ items give scrips and there's like 3tiers between 56 and 60. But basically it means you can get scrips by crafting lvl 56 items, meaning you can get master books with lvl 56items. So there's literally no requirements. On top of that, the turn in don't require HQ. Collectables get a rating that's basically your quality number, and to turn them in you need like 30%ish of the full quality(which if you were crafting would give like 10% chance to HQ, it'd be awful). As long as you have at least that, you're getting scrips. You get a few more if you get more quality, but it's not much more, so it's pointless other than getting a good on byregot and getting it randomly.

I actually do the items for scrips with macros, that's how easy it is, and I'm using non melded 60 gear with NPC weapon/offhand. You do need a fair amount of turn ins to buy one book though, it's like 22scrips for the last tier, 26 when it's starred, and you need 360 per books, so you need about 16crafts(you'll probably get a few that hit the higher cap) to get one book. One of the cooking collectable is really easy to get mats for though, so you just grind that one when it's starred and get all your books in like an hour and a half, assuming you have the mats(but if you gather the mats it's still only like 2more hours or so).

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Trying to convince myself to go do all these dungeons and their hard mode equivalents so I can progress.

It'll get done eventually, its just eh. Better than fate grinding to progress, but not by much.
They main quest dungeons are pretty good, not really a chore to do unless you just plain hate grouping.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They main quest dungeons are pretty good, not really a chore to do unless you just plain hate grouping.
I'm also grinding through them, and I've had zero issue. I've wiped twice so far... once on Thornmarch (King Moogle) and once on Leviathan. I watched the MPQ video series for each on the mechanics so I'm not a complete asshole, but I was totally carried on all of them since Ifirit hard.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I got lucky, got a drop from each of the first three on my first clear (2 boots, 1 gloves). Haven't gone into Burden of the Father yet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else doing as bad at getting their alex drops for the week as I am? Got one out of four so far.
I've done over 10 runs of both A2 and A3 and still haven't gotten my drops from those. Did about 20 runs of A1 before I said screw it and settled for a Pedal instead of a Chain.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone else doing as bad at getting their alex drops for the week as I am? Got one out of four so far.
It can be pretty awful, PF that farms is a good way to get drops, I got A1 and A4 like this, A2 and A3 I got on my first run through. I just roll on everything though, don't give a fuck about what I get, I have many different classes to gear and esoterics to fill in the other slots, so no reason to hold onto a specific drop imo.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It can be pretty awful, PF that farms is a good way to get drops, I got A1 and A4 like this, A2 and A3 I got on my first run through. I just roll on everything though, don't give a fuck about what I get, I have many different classes to gear and esoterics to fill in the other slots, so no reason to hold onto a specific drop imo.
Only reason I'm holding out for specific drops is because my static group is going to be pushing for fast Savage clears. We're not going to go for world or server firsts, but we don't want gear to be the reason that holds us back from clearing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only reason I'm holding out for specific drops is because my static group is going to be pushing for fast Savage clears. We're not going to go for world or server firsts, but we don't want gear to be the reason that holds us back from clearing.
Yeah I guess but it's like such a minor ilvl bump, I don't think it'd have a large impact at all, especially since it's like 2pieces or so. If they had weapons that'd be another story but otherwise I wouldn't bother, or if it was like a static goal, I would think the static would do the runs together to get everyone what they need specifically.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I guess but it's like such a minor ilvl bump, I don't think it'd have a large impact at all, especially since it's like 2pieces or so. If they had weapons that'd be another story but otherwise I wouldn't bother, or if it was like a static goal, I would think the static would do the runs together to get everyone what they need specifically.
Yeah, we're gonna try to cram in as many runs as we can before maintenance tonight. Most of us are going to be getting 3 pieces (feet, gloves, and head) before Savage comes out. Even if it's a minor iLevel bump, as a static lead it's important that I put in as much dedication as I would expect of my static members.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Question, did they move the battle xp buff from 50 to 60? Just hit 50 on my DRG last night and when I class switched, did not see the buff. Makes sense, but a bummer since I focused only on levels thus far.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone got an alex savage static on gilg need a dps? been bored sitting at 183 waiting for alex savage to drop.

havent logged in, in about a week =/ waiting for alex savage.

I would grind ravana if i had a static, but DF is never gonna happen to many mechanics, even with people being gear padded with free 180 gear.

also ningai is a poop FC dont join them if you want to do anything with them as a guild, they got their 1 team thats it, rest of the members are incompetent or a casual soul.

What FC's besides ValkD that can run multiple teams anyone know? also besides DnT, they require way to much more poopsocking than im willing to get into their app is kinda butt ive been out of the game a while so maybe requiring recorded encounters for apps is new age hardcore.

Oh also anyone know if you can trigger weather in zones, for azys la i wanna trigger the rare fate, and it says you need Hyper Electricity weather but i cant find any info on how weather works

Xalara

Golden Squire
The experience buf is 100% from 0-50, and 50% from 50-60. This is all contingent on you already having a high level class.