Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Did they give any indication of how long servers will be down? I'm at work, left my roulettes for when I get home, guess I'm going to miss my law today.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Til 2am est. But that's the one thing I will say about SE, i've seen them very often bring servers back up hours before the initially stated time.

misery_sl

shitlord
Seeing all these bots in north than is making me sad. I'm working my ass off to level these characters and they can power through that crap because they don't even have to be at the PC while they level.

Gonna report you fuckers until you're banned.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Seeing all these bots in north than is making me sad. I'm working my ass off to level these characters and they can power through that crap because they don't even have to be at the PC while they level.

Gonna report you fuckers until you're banned.
Just don't report the bots that are farming level 51+ mob drops, I need those nerds working overtime.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
L2 Venture, lazy lala.
Yo, I only have two retainers, one of them is a hunter and the other a miner, but even having my hunter run full time, I just need so many different kinds of stuff and in such large quantities that it doesn't really offset the drop grind. Icetrap Leaves, Pudding Flesh, Gelato Flesh, Deepeye Tears... I need this stuffconstantlyand my retainer can only fetch 7-10 every hour.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get more than the base amount if you're higher ilvl, but not sure you can gear stuff with high enough ilvl atm to get past the first tier. My combat retainer is sadly like 30, when Heavensward started, I thought "meh I'm not gonna play my monk so I'm gonna respec my retainer", then 3days later I settled on monk as my DPS class and hit 60 soon after, then as the retainer was nearing 50, a realisation dawned on me, I had picked conjurer because I wanted to use healer stuff(arcanist only works on smn gear and ast doesn't have a class) but I didn't plan on leveling my WHM at all. So I respeced again, to pugilist. Such a waste lol.

Also wished the miner could gather hidden stuff. Can't get titanium which sucks a lot.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You get more than the base amount if you're higher ilvl, but not sure you can gear stuff with high enough ilvl atm to get past the first tier.
You can. Base tier for new stuff is 5. When I raised my retainer's iLevel, she was able to start gathering 7 of an item, then 10. My Miner retainer can bring back 15 Myhtrite Sand.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can. Base tier for new stuff is 5. When I raised my retainer's iLevel, she was able to start gathering 7 of an item, then 10. My Miner retainer can bring back 15 Myhtrite Sand.
Oh base is 5, that sucks. Used to be like 10 for adventurer stuff.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm leveling a Scholar now, and I was wondering how "useful" getting Stoneskin from Conjurer is?

I'm level 35 Scholar right now, very casual player, only group content is duty roulette and I have no intention of raiding beside what's required for story mode.

My conjurer level is just 15.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm leveling a Scholar now, and I was wondering how "useful" getting Stoneskin from Conjurer is?

I'm level 35 Scholar right now, very casual player, only group content is duty roulette and I have no intention of raiding beside what's required for story mode.

My conjurer level is just 15.
Stoneskin is handy pre fight, when you cast St2 on the whole party in 1 cast. In combat not so much, pre heavensward the WHM version was 18% so it was useful, now it's 10% even for WHM.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah it doesn't seem very handy in terms of using in the middle of a fight since it has a relatively higher mana cost imo. Nice pre-fight buff but thats about it like mentioned above

I still haven't hit 60 on my ninja
frown.png
I'm in that fucking cloud zone and it drives me mental, i didn't even mind the moogle zone all that much compared to how inconvenient it is getting around this place pre-flying. I've only really been logging in these past few days to do my beasttribe quests and then logging off, haven't had much time.

I just saw theres a turtle mount, anybody know where its from?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Past Ramuh hard mode. Getting closer to the xpac. Lot of bullshit run around piddly shit quests to get there are a drag, especially since the XP rewards are fucking nil at this point. 4800 per quest? Bullshit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Past Ramuh hard mode. Getting closer to the xpac. Lot of bullshit run around piddly shit quests to get there are a drag, especially since the XP rewards are fucking nil at this point. 4800 per quest? Bullshit.
I'm at the same point (actually, just getting into 2.4) and I'm already tired of the same bullshit.

misery_sl

shitlord
spent 600 coins on 3 games of that game.

won ~300ish.
frown.png
Do that shit every day. For the first week or two I didn't get shit, then a couple of days in a row I got 10,000 MGP twice in the same day, and a few more in the coming days. Also, if you can time your visits so they happen around the time when GATES occur, and if you get a decent one (fuck you skinchange) you can get some extra MGP. I hear that TT is also decent for getting MGP if you play loads of it, but I don't play a lot at the moment.

As for stoneskin, I mainly keep it on the deeps and ignore the tank entirely except for at the very start of the dungeon/trial/raid, or the start of a hard encounter. It's really an oh-shit buffer for the squishies. If you get an unsuspected AOE, or they eat a few hits on accident, it could save their lives, or make the fights a lot smoother at the very least. If you're hot shit you can time it with tank rapers like final sting to ensure your tank stays off the ground. Other than that, don't heal with stoneskin, just don't.