Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've been wanting to make a character on Balmung to check the server out, but that has become an impossible task since they removed the auto-logoff feature and every fuckhead just idles in the game world while they sleep, work, etc. It's 5AM EST during the week and both Gilg and Ballsmung are full of people, mostly AFK. I want to kick myself for not making a character there when the auto-logoff feature was still around since they were both constantly open around these times, and now I'll have to wait for people to get bored of the expansion before I'm able to make a new character there. I even tried 1 minute before servers went down for maint this week, and right after they came up (yes, before the official time.) What a bunch of balls.
Make a character on a different server, level it to 10 or whatever, then pay the 18 bucks or whatever it is to transfer. Sucks but it is the best way to do it if you are in a hurry.

I factory reset my phone last night without thinking and need to get my authenticator removed from my account. Ive read theres an online support that can do that, anyone know a link to that, I cant seem to find it. Trying to avoid having to call them but I know they cant do it through email.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well better cheap way, assuming you're not in a hurry, is to wait next tuesday for the maintenance(which they're doing, they're reducing the red scrips grind), and make a char as soon as servers come up. Set your alarm clock or whatever, make a char and go back to sleep.

Can be more annoying to do when they get back to their regular updates, but since atm they're basically doing maintenances every week, it's not a big problem.

misery_sl

shitlord
Well better cheap way, assuming you're not in a hurry, is to wait next tuesday for the maintenance(which they're doing, they're reducing the red scrips grind), and make a char as soon as servers come up. Set your alarm clock or whatever, make a char and go back to sleep.

Can be more annoying to do when they get back to their regular updates, but since atm they're basically doing maintenances every week, it's not a big problem.
Yeah, I'll have to try that again and be quicker about it this time.

Siliconemelons

Sooo... thinking about this bc I can play it on my ps3.... is it worth the play? I only remember playing whatever the first FF MMO was and it was...eh.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Sooo... thinking about this bc I can play it on my ps3.... is it worth the play? I only remember playing whatever the first FF MMO was and it was...eh.
It's totally worth it imo. The devs for this game are producing great content, and at a pretty impressive pace. The combat is basically a much more slower version of WoW, which I actually prefer

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its good, but no idea how well it runs on the ps3. I imagine it runs fine though.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its good, but no idea how well it runs on the ps3. I imagine it runs fine though.
Texture downgrade, and it's recommended you turn off other players spell fx. Though I recommend that either way, in combat it's confusing enough without the black mage pyrotechnics.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's totally worth it imo. The devs for this game are producing great content, and at a pretty impressive pace. The combat is basically a much more slower version of WoW, which I actually prefer
PS3 version is kinda like, meh. It runs, you can play fine, but it has a lot of shit that looks terrible because well, PS3. Heavensward zones especially are terrible on PS3. Loadings are also absolute garbage. There's a trial so you can check it out, unless you're bandwith capped or your HDD is full might as well do that first. Not that the game on PS3 is very expensive, if you buy a box somewhere you can generally find it for 10bucks or less, official price is 20.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How do you search for guilds in game? I'm without one and no idea how to get one, I tried PMing a few people mentioned in... Fat Chocobo? In this thread but no reply.

Siliconemelons

PS3 version is kinda like, meh. It runs, you can play fine, but it has a lot of shit that looks terrible because well, PS3. Heavensward zones especially are terrible on PS3. Loadings are also absolute garbage. There's a trial so you can check it out, unless you're bandwith capped or your HDD is full might as well do that first. Not that the game on PS3 is very expensive, if you buy a box somewhere you can generally find it for 10bucks or less, official price is 20.
Cool, ill download the demo or whatever and check it out. I remember I beta'ed the first FF mmo on the computer and I could not figure out the controls, until I bought a "ps2" USB gamepad and then it was like "ohhh okay" - just communication always was kinda lame because you don't have a keyboard on consoles. No computer I have has any type of "heavy" hardware etc...so I am sure ps3 would look the same or better than whatever my years old PC could pump out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you search for guilds in game? I'm without one and no idea how to get one, I tried PMing a few people mentioned in... Fat Chocobo? In this thread but no reply.
I'm not sure if you can or how(and I'm too lazy to log on a char to check). I know you can apply to a FC by finding a member somewhere, then clicking them and sending an application that way, then GM and stuff can accept it later when they notice. I would assume for the Fat Chocobo FC you'd just ask Kriptini whenever he's online I don't know. Check the Social > Free Company menu see if it helps, guilds are called Free Companies in this.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Krip can get you in if you and him can coordinate being online at the same time in this thread.

Hit him up, if he hasn't replied yet probably just hasn't been online recently.

Krip Tini is his in game name I think, and the person who actually invited me was Gentle Giant.

You can add me as a friend in game (Lawlz Lawllerz is the name) and I can let you know if he's online if I'm online.

Siliconemelons

Obvious solution: Get a ps4!
Yeah, need to get a PS4 but I am going to wait for when/if GameStop does another trade in upgrade program for PS3's - I have a 120gig slim (2nd gen of ps3 not like the current one they sell, it still has a slot loading disc) and a backwards compatable 60gig 4usb that is my "primary" ps3 and its working great but its drive gets wonky if it gets hot sometimes- but its only effected dvd/bluray no games have ever crapped out reading ??

Thing is I will need to then get a vita for remote play on the ps4...and a pstv so I can play in my bedroom as the 4 would most likely replace the "main" ps3... if I start on trial ps3, can I continue on the "real" version on a ps4? and does it support keyboards? like those Bluetooth ones that stick on your controller?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I should get my last 2 levels.. still sitting at 58 lol, but that sea of clouds zone killed my grinding boner
frown.png

But i did do the kobold beast tribes to get my bomb palanquin mount !!1!!1!1!!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, need to get a PS4 but I am going to wait for when/if GameStop does another trade in upgrade program for PS3's - I have a 120gig slim (2nd gen of ps3 not like the current one they sell, it still has a slot loading disc) and a backwards compatable 60gig 4usb that is my "primary" ps3 and its working great but its drive gets wonky if it gets hot sometimes- but its only effected dvd/bluray no games have ever crapped out reading ??

Thing is I will need to then get a vita for remote play on the ps4...and a pstv so I can play in my bedroom as the 4 would most likely replace the "main" ps3... if I start on trial ps3, can I continue on the "real" version on a ps4? and does it support keyboards? like those Bluetooth ones that stick on your controller?
PS TV streaming is pretty shit tbh.

If you have the ps3 version you can upgrade to the ps4 version, but I don't think the upgrade for free deal is still going on. And yes the PS4 supports keyboard and mouse, and I'm pretty sure there's a ps4 keyboard you can plug into the controller but I don't have one personally.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks, most importantly do you guys have a guild chocobo stable so I can dye my mount? xD

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm the GM of Fat Chocobo, if you like I can invite you around 7pm PDT (that's when I'll be online) or if you send a tell to Gentle Giant, Gankz Fury, or Xyltch Fury, one of them can invite you. (Just mention that you're a friend of Krip's.)

Thanks, most importantly do you guys have a guild chocobo stable so I can dye my mount? xD
Of course!