Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
FYI... Krip never said that.
rolleyes.png
Fair enough. He only jumped down my throat with his rabid fanboyism because I took Teck's side in an argument where someone said it was stupid to call it easy for the reasons I just listed so I assumed he agreed with the guy. I never once stated whether or not the new content was hard because I haven't played this expansion...

Also, most people are never able to clear the raid content in any mmo, I don't know why you somehow think that's exclusive to FF14... unless WoW/etc. are pulling 90% clear rates on mythic raiding/equivalent and I missed the memo?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fair enough. He only jumped down my throat with his rabid fanboyism because I took Teck's side in an argument where someone said it was stupid to call it easy for the reasons I just listed so I assumed he agreed with the guy. I never once stated whether or not the new content was hard because I haven't played this expansion...

Also, most people are never able to clear the raid content in any mmo, I don't know why you somehow think that's exclusive to FF14... unless WoW/etc. are pulling 90% clear rates on mythic raiding/equivalent and I missed the memo?
Well spoiler alert, you should almost never take Tecknoe's side in any discussion. That was your first mistake.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most games are based off of memorization and execution. A few that truely randomize their game, ala rogue-likes are some of the few games that are "hard" but even then you learn what to do in the situtation, and most are "hard" because of sheer luck. To scoff at MMOs for being to easy because everything boils down to memorizing a fight or simply have to wait for time gates should possibly look into another hobby away from gaming if they want a mythical "challenge". Just be happy with the entertainment it provides.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm the one that said it will be cleared more once more people get gear and I stand by that. A1s and a2s, and from what I've heard, a3s are bigtime gear checks. A big part of the skill involved is pushing out the numbers when you don't have those i200 weaps yet. A lot more people can successfully pull off the mechanics, but a lot fewer can do it and still make those checks, for now, and that is what I mean when I am calling it hard (muru, after all, was hard because it was a hardcore dps check)
This isn't to say there is no execution involved. But I'd say you will see the number of groups clearing a1-3s go from something you can count on your hands, to an actual % of the population , (still small maybe 1% of those who do savage).

joz123

Potato del Grande
Trying to DL the free 14 day trial and the patcher keeps disconnecting after a few hundred MB are downloaded. Tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but this keeps happening.

Unable to download patch files.
[30413][20496]

Really annoying because it's almost 20gigs to download and will take days at this rate of having to reconnect to the patcher constantly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got any links? This news gets my nerd boner pretty hard.
I did read it somewhere but you can see the Warring Triad statues already above the airship dungeon in Azys Lya, it's also mentioned as a plot when you go to fight Bismark EX.

FFXIV_Warring_Triad_Goddess.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Trying to DL the free 14 day trial and the patcher keeps disconnecting after a few hundred MB are downloaded. Tried a bunch of stuff to fix it but this keeps happening.

Unable to download patch files.
[30413][20496]

Really annoying because it's almost 20gigs to download and will take days at this rate of having to reconnect to the patcher constantly.
Turn off Windows Firewall. I had the same thing happen.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I liked crafting in this game, til you get to the higher level items and it becomes mandatory to have almost all of them max level along with multiple perfect gear sets etc. to craft an item that probably won't sell anyways because token items are easier to get than the millions of gil for 1 piece of similar to worse crafted version.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I liked crafting in this game, til you get to the higher level items and it becomes mandatory to have almost all of them max level along with multiple perfect gear sets etc. to craft an item that probably won't sell anyways because token items are easier to get than the millions of gil for 1 piece of similar to worse crafted version.
Yeah I was just playing around because eventually I want to meld my own materia into my gear.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think you can make a lot of money to fund crafting by doing some of the dailies you open up nearing 50 ish. But that's only what I've read online, and that may no longer be true for the post 50 expansion content.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think you can make a lot of money to fund crafting by doing some of the dailies you open up nearing 50 ish. But that's only what I've read online, and that may no longer be true for the post 50 expansion content.
I hear money comes in a bit quicker at 60. I might RMT some gil if I find a reputable seller. I am not against that kind of behavior.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Crafting is fun, but I really think they botched it bad in the expac. Not just the red scrips, but in general really. In fact, I love the scrip idea, even if it's implemented poorly the general idea is sound.

1. Leves still can just buy things from MB and turn them in for credit, meh it happened in the original game but figured they would fix that in the expac. Why they can't ensure you actually craft the item as a step for the leve is beyond me. This ends up causing constant bombardment of "Can you make me X items HQ for leve turn in pl0x".
2. Several leves required items from later levels. That's just dumb.
3. The level 60 quests mostly (but not all) require master book to complete. I GUESS this is okay, given the ease of obtaining blue scrips, but it's still dumb at the same time.
4. The crafting interface is an absolute REKT. Can we please get rid of "Master" section, and also can we please separate the gathering and crafting items from everything else. Can we have sorting options. Let us toggle things, please. It's dumb when trying to find out what the latest thing to craft for a class is, you need to check the MB to find out if its LTW or WVR first. This entire interface is god awful and can easily be improved and should be.
5. They lowered "Good" chances, and added a gate (heart of...) which requires consumable, specialization and 45(!) CP to use to bring the good chance back to what it was in the first place (though still not a guarantee of getting a good even after spending 45 CP)! Dumb.
6. The implementation of the specializations is also dumb. It's like games where you have a chance of all these fancy combos and stuff but none are better than just doing straight sword attacks every time. To use the specializations it takes extra CP you dnt have for a gain which isnt guaranteed, and requires more micromanaging and the like. It's just not as fun.
7. ALL the recipes for battle items are actually pretty pointless. You already get HQ in your main quest, and because its all handed out en masse, people put a ton of the HQ on the MB at prices considerably less than the cost to make. Furthermore, there is so much loot handed out in dungeons now, that its very easy to collect a piece. Selling things like i130 at 150-200k a piece is reasonable or a crafter, but not reasonable for a buyer.
8. Crafters used to be able to get mats from battle classes and gatherers but now they have put a lot of the items for the really good stuff behind scrip requirements, which basically removes any ability for battle classes to assist, and gatherers too.
9. (This is the worst) we are, again, back to one set of crafting gear per class and one set of gathering gear per gathering class. It was like this at the start and everyone penta-melded TONS of pieces spending over 50,000,000 doing so, only to have it all invalidated by "Artisan" gear which was usable by all your crafters. Now, we're back at them split again, and whats to say we'll have another "Artisan" gear type thing in the future? I'm certainly not going to bother penta-melding anything this go except jewerly most likely.
10. 35 Dur items don't have the effect they thought, I don't think. Its the same difficulty, the only problem is they simply made waste not even more unappealing.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Crafting is fun, but I really think they botched it bad in the expac. Not just the red scrips, but in general really. In fact, I love the scrip idea, even if it's implemented poorly the general idea is sound.

1. Leves still can just buy things from MB and turn them in for credit, meh it happened in the original game but figured they would fix that in the expac. Why they can't ensure you actually craft the item as a step for the leve is beyond me. This ends up causing constant bombardment of "Can you make me X items HQ for leve turn in pl0x".
I disagree with this. Leveling crafting classes is AIDS. Leves are the only thing that make it bearable (since crafting collectables don't give much EXP).

2. Several leves required items from later levels. That's just dumb.
3. The level 60 quests mostly (but not all) require master book to complete. I GUESS this is okay, given the ease of obtaining blue scrips, but it's still dumb at the same time.
4. The crafting interface is an absolute REKT. Can we please get rid of "Master" section, and also can we please separate the gathering and crafting items from everything else. Can we have sorting options. Let us toggle things, please. It's dumb when trying to find out what the latest thing to craft for a class is, you need to check the MB to find out if its LTW or WVR first. This entire interface is god awful and can easily be improved and should be.
5. They lowered "Good" chances, and added a gate (heart of...) which requires consumable, specialization and 45(!) CP to use to bring the good chance back to what it was in the first place (though still not a guarantee of getting a good even after spending 45 CP)! Dumb.
6. The implementation of the specializations is also dumb. It's like games where you have a chance of all these fancy combos and stuff but none are better than just doing straight sword attacks every time. To use the specializations it takes extra CP you dnt have for a gain which isnt guaranteed, and requires more micromanaging and the like. It's just not as fun.
Agree with all of these.

7. ALL the recipes for battle items are actually pretty pointless. You already get HQ in your main quest, and because its all handed out en masse, people put a ton of the HQ on the MB at prices considerably less than the cost to make. Furthermore, there is so much loot handed out in dungeons now, that its very easy to collect a piece. Selling things like i130 at 150-200k a piece is reasonable or a crafter, but not reasonable for a buyer.
I feel like they're useful if you're leveling up classes after your main class.

8. Crafters used to be able to get mats from battle classes and gatherers but now they have put a lot of the items for the really good stuff behind scrip requirements, which basically removes any ability for battle classes to assist, and gatherers too.
As a CUL, I completely disagree with this. I get a ton of mileage out of my hunting retainer who harvests Yak Milk, Okeanis Tail, Okeanis Eggs, Cockatrice Thighs, and a ton of other mats I need for a lot of my recipes that have horrendous drop rates if I try to harvest them myself. Yes, it's true that BSM/GSM/ARM get kinda screwed because their bread-and-butter mats are hidden nodes and therefore can't be gathered by retainers, but at least for me as a CUL, my hunting retainer is a lifesaver.

9. (This is the worst) we are, again, back to one set of crafting gear per class and one set of gathering gear per gathering class. It was like this at the start and everyone penta-melded TONS of pieces spending over 50,000,000 doing so, only to have it all invalidated by "Artisan" gear which was usable by all your crafters. Now, we're back at them split again, and whats to say we'll have another "Artisan" gear type thing in the future? I'm certainly not going to bother penta-melding anything this go except jewerly most likely.
I know that SE said they wanted people to stop being omnicrafters, which is why the red scrips are gated on a weekly lockout. If they continue this philosophy, I doubt that they will reintroduce new "Artisan" gear, but it's still an extremely risky bet, so I kinda agree with you here.

10. 35 Dur items don't have the effect they thought, I don't think. Its the same difficulty, the only problem is they simply made waste not even more unappealing.
Why is Waste Not unappealing? I always use it and love it. (Inner Quiet -> Steady Hand II -> Waste Not -> 4 Touches -> Manipulation -> Steady Hand II -> Innovation -> 3 Touches -> Finisher, I can HQ everything but the level 60 recipes reliably.)