Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's this new server stuff I hear coming? Basically anyone in the same data center will be able to group and do shit together?
Not exactly. They're adding "World Visit", which basically lets you temporary transfer to any server on your datacenter, for free. There's some limitations to what you can do once there(can't buy a house, can't use your retainers to sell stuff although you can buy stuff, can't join a FC) but otherwise works the same way as if you were on that server, and as before you can do linkshells/parties cross servers, as long as it's the same data center.

This is coming with a datacenter reorganization, and free transfers(although the extent and conditions haven't been specified yet).

Not that soon mind you, March 26th is probably the next patch, and it comes the patch after that, so probably 2+weeks later at the very least. I'd expect mid/later april.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What's this new server stuff I hear coming? Basically anyone in the same data center will be able to group and do shit together?

That's already the case. Right now, anyone on the same data center can do instanced content together.

Soon, they're adding a third NA data center and adding a "world visit" system where you can hang out in the non-instanced zones of another server so you can ERP with the Balmung people whenever you desire.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That's already the case. Right now, anyone on the same data center can do instanced content together.

Soon, they're adding a third NA data center and adding a "world visit" system where you can hang out in the non-instanced zones of another server so you can ERP with the Balmung people whenever you desire.

Can't wait.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Sucked in to this game pretty good now, only real complaint is how these MSQ drag on, but otherwise solid game so far. Finally got up to 50ish and rocking my Dragoon armor. Seems some of us FoH pretty much ended up accidentally in same guild on Zalera, guess we eventually percolate together like pieces of a T-1000.

I'm gonna continue to pretend my PC doesn't have the hardware to show the camel toe that Yda has.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

So with Party Finder, what can you queue up for? Duties is all? and does it fill in the spots you don't have filled from friends?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sucked in to this game pretty good now, only real complaint is how these MSQ drag on, but otherwise solid game so far. Finally got up to 50ish and rocking my Dragoon armor. Seems some of us FoH pretty much ended up accidentally in same guild on Zalera, guess we eventually percolate together like pieces of a T-1000.

I'm gonna continue to pretend my PC doesn't have the hardware to show the camel toe that Yda has.

What guild?

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Yeah didn't realize Cynical and I were in the same guild until today. Soon as an officer logs in we gonna get Janx in.

Cybsled

So with Party Finder, what can you queue up for? Duties is all? and does it fill in the spots you don't have filled from friends?

Party finder you can queue up for all sorts of stuff. Treasure Maps, Hunts, Eureka stuff, trials, dungeons, etc.

You can customize who can join the party finder entry.

Crone

This server stuff is whacky, but at least you only have to transfer like 1 dude, because you have all your jobs on that one Main? That's cool at least.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Guild chat is interesting sometimes, but I've seen much worse. I just randomly joined yesterday. Seems to be active, that matters I suppose.

Crone

Kinda want to get a group of 8 together and get raids going and stuff, but that's gonna be a lot of MSQ grinding, and getting to max level. Oy!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Kinda want to get a group of 8 together and get raids going and stuff, but that's gonna be a lot of MSQ grinding, and getting to max level. Oy!
I mean you can just buy the potion that skips the ARR MSQ (and HW if thats your bag)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got enough proteans to get my first Anemos weapon and I gained access to pagos. I also unlocked the mount quest and traveling is so much better and less stressful. I even got the T rex mount from a chest. Its been a productive day for me in Eureka today.

What level should I be until I go into pagos and why are there so many high levels in anemos?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got enough proteans to get my first Anemos weapon and I gained access to pagos. I also unlocked the mount quest and traveling is so much better and less stressful. I even got the T rex mount from a chest. Its been a productive day for me in Eureka today.

What level should I be until I go into pagos and why are there so many high levels in anemos?
I need to look into the Eureka stuff. Imagine thats level 70 content?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Generally people say 25 for Pagos, but you can go earlier now. You need 25 to start the relic part of the quest though, and 23/25 for the annoying aetherytes, that's why ppl recommend going there at 25, however you can go there at say 23 and still get access to most FATEs and level faster than in Anemos, usually. Since you can't get light before 25 though, you can't do too much progress there until then but the xp from fates is way higher than in anemos.

As for anemos high lvls, it's faster to do the challenge log in anemos since it's easier and the mobs are all pretty grouped. Also I assume people find it's easier to farm all the anemos weapons to have glowy weapons for every class, or want the AF3s or whatever else. It's an easy place to farm for interesting cosmetics, past that you need to be fairly dedicated to get further.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish Alphinaud would just fucking die. I'm so sick of that character.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users