Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know the pre-order items came out but does that mean people who only have base game can play up to Storm blood?
It depends on what the licenses in your account on the Mog Station say. If you don't have Heavensward+ checked off in that Steam/PS4/PC table, then you have only the base game available to you. I've had each expansion as they came out, so I can't say I know exactly how it works beyond the chart in the Mog Station, or when the previous expansions unlock compared to the new one when you get the package deal with the new expansion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I kinda literally just explained it. This isn't like wow, you don't get expansions with the base game, for now, maybe once they have 5-6expansions they'll change, like wow did back in the days(you didn't get BC or wotlk for free for a while). You do get the expansions packed in with the most current expansion you buy. However, and again I literally just said that, Shadowbringers include the previous 2 expansions BUT you can only get access when it releases, it's not a preorder bonus, it's a purchase thing and the game won't be considered purchased until then. I don't even think it'll work for early access, unless you get the code for ShB right away(digital) so you can link it to your account.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pre Xpac Doldrums

1551497371075.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I kinda literally just explained it. This isn't like wow, you don't get expansions with the base game, for now, maybe once they have 5-6expansions they'll change, like wow did back in the days(you didn't get BC or wotlk for free for a while). You do get the expansions packed in with the most current expansion you buy. However, and again I literally just said that, Shadowbringers include the previous 2 expansions BUT you can only get access when it releases, it's not a preorder bonus, it's a purchase thing and the game won't be considered purchased until then. I don't even think it'll work for early access, unless you get the code for ShB right away(digital) so you can link it to your account.

Pretty sure it isnt gonna work til expac releases. My Shadowbringers code registers as invalid on the mog station (but the preorder code worked fine).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure it isnt gonna work til expac releases. My Shadowbringers code registers as invalid on the mog station (but the preorder code worked fine).
Not sure because once early access starts, you have 2 weeks to enter a real code for ShB and get your account flagged, and I'd assume once that's done, you can play HW/SB fine, so it should work for early access if you're digital and already have your code ready. Physicals won't get their real code until the box arrives, which could be after early access is done anyway.

Regardless you're not playing HW/SB until ~June 27 or whenever the early acces starts at the earliest, and possibly not even before July 2nd.

It does kinda suck how they do it and I hope they can work out a better way to do it next time. Something like waiving your right to a refund to get access to the other expansions right away. Should be ok with the various laws too, basically the same as a DLC season ticket+game package that many companies sell, you'd be buying ShB/SB/HW and then get the next expansion when it releases, and the moment you register your code you can't refund since it's a digital product etc like normal. It feels kinda bad to buy Stormblood only 3-4months before the next expansion. That or a perma sale on it at least. They shouldn't be selling it full price right now imo.

Anyway 3weeks to go before JP Fanfest, soon I4ll know what I'm playing for the expansion.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok, got my preorder stuff to work. Thought I had gotten new expac, but got the 2nd one instead. So I have a toon on Zalera, who can I hit up for a guild invite?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Ok, got my preorder stuff to work. Thought I had gotten new expac, but got the 2nd one instead. So I have a toon on Zalera, who can I hit up for a guild invite?
There are few of us in a guild named Symmetric Chaos. Janx, Brikker, Cynical and myself are in the guild. Best thing is to hop in discord and ask one of us if an officer is on to invite you.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, leveling is so fast and easy it's kind of crazy. I did like a few level 1-5 quests, but since then I have just done msq and class stuff (logs, quests every 5 levels) and my conj is already 25. I'll probably hit 50 in a week or so at this rate. Might take a pause to level up the other clothies so I can open up bag space at some point. But for now I am just zooming through everything. My MSQ is only level 16, so those are probably going to get me to 50 real easy.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Well, leveling is so fast and easy it's kind of crazy. I did like a few level 1-5 quests, but since then I have just done msq and class stuff (logs, quests every 5 levels) and my conj is already 25. I'll probably hit 50 in a week or so at this rate. Might take a pause to level up the other clothies so I can open up bag space at some point. But for now I am just zooming through everything. My MSQ is only level 16, so those are probably going to get me to 50 real easy.

I'm leveling a 3rd job now just to keep it inline with the MSQ. I started as Archer/Bard and he's a 35. Did a Conj/White Mage to be inline with MSQ but that quickly outleveled it, too. Now I've got a Gladiator/Paladin that is keeping pace with MSQ level. Nice thing is it will let me have a DPS, Healer, and Tank for later shit.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah I exclusively did MSQ and class quests after 25ish myself, xp didn't slow down until 45, and I started taking sidequests again. I think I was 50 within 2 days? For me the real grind now is these MSQ in between ARR and the first expansion ugh, I don't even care about xp or levels/jobs right now, just want to get this crap done. Just seems a bit of an overload of stuff to do after 50, just now catching up on unlocking the various duties, and still several 50+ quests I haven't even started.

Still having fun, bitching just happens to be one of my other hobbies.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The msq is easily the worst thing so far with the constant "go talk to this guy on one side of the world" followed immediately by "go see the guy you were at just a second ago on the other side of the world". Repeat x5 per quest. Luckily I've been making more gil than TP costs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Warrior of Light, please investigate (insert location 1,000 miles away)
*investigates*
Via Linkshell "Pray, return to the walking sands to we can discuss your findings and send you out on another investigation!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Warrior of Light, please investigate (insert location 1,000 miles away)
*investigates*
Via Linkshell "Pray, return to the walking sands to we can discuss your findings and send you out on another investigation!"

Linkpearls can be spied on!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The way they do expansions/early access has been that way sense XI, I really doubt it will ever change SE does want too cover it's ass from charge-backs, and I've heard that stripping "keys" from accounts is a real pain for them to do.