Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Up to 31. My MSQ is only lvl 17 so I still have no mount or specialized job. Lol.

Game just gave me 15 free sub days for hitting 30 though. That's neat.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Up to 31. My MSQ is only lvl 17 so I still have no mount or specialized job. Lol.

Game just gave me 15 free sub days for hitting 30 though. That's neat.

If you have the road to 60 XP bonus it's a good idea to level two jobs at once through the MSQ, otherwise you're pissing XP away. You just swap back and forth when turning in the MS quest. Note that there are minimum levels in order to complete quests though, so in this case you'd have to go level that alt job up through hunts/whatever to get it up to your MSQ level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
In that case, is there any job I should do first to complement Archer/Bard?

What Janx said, but I'll add that if you enjoy healing at all, then I'd suggest healing over tank. The game handles healers in a refreshing way. (early levels suck like the rest, but gets awesome later on)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NA/EU Data Center Expansion | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

koH1uLx.png

For a period of approximately two weeks following the implementation of each new Data Center, all characters on affected Data Centers will be able to transfer Worlds at no cost.

The following accommodations will also be made for players transferring Worlds:

• Players will be able to carry up to 999,999,999 gil to their new World.
  • Players who own an estate will have the full cost of the land returned to them, and receive an additional 3,000,000 gil to compensate for lost furnishings.
  • Players who own an apartment will have the full purchase price of 500,000 gil returned to them, and receive an additional 500,000 gil to compensate for lost furnishings.
Additionally, all active accounts (with game time remaining) in regions that experience a maintenance period longer than twenty-four hours will have their remaining game time extended by one day.

▼EU Availability
Dates: Tuesday, April 2 to Monday, April 15, 2019

Eligible: All characters on EU Data Centers

▼NA Availability

Dates: Tuesday, April 23 to Monday, May 6, 2019
Eligible: All characters on NA Data Centers

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What Janx said, but I'll add that if you enjoy healing at all, then I'd suggest healing over tank. The game handles healers in a refreshing way. (early levels suck like the rest, but gets awesome later on)
To add on this you can do an Arcanist and get both Scholar (Healer) and Summoner (magic DPS) and their XP is tied together so if you level one the other class mirrors the level of the other since their both "arcanist" base.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting. I'm going to set a calendar reminder for April 23rd. I'm taking a break from the game but I'll probably reactivate to take advantage of this since I'm on Brynhilr. Are most people on Gilgamesh?
I have a bunch of buddies that are all moving to Brynhildr. Lol

Original toons are on Gilgamesh , as that is where FoH was. Then more recently I started a new toon on Midgardsomr to be with some friends who started and it's a preferred server. Then a couple weeks ago other friends started and Brynhildr was the only preferred server so they started there. Ugh.

We are all gonna try and consolidate on Bryn though with this data center move.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does getting the most recent expac (so this pre-order one) get you the previous expacs, ala WoW? All I have is base + Heavensward.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does getting the most recent expac (so this pre-order one) get you the previous expacs, ala WoW? All I have is base + Heavensward.
Yes it does, although wow does it the other way, they give you the base game+all expansions and you only buy the lastest, while FF you only have the base game up to 50 with the start but buying the lastest expansion gives you all expansions. Maybe it'll change later once they have more expansions and it makes more sense to give people HW+.

Anyway atm buying SB gives HW, although that doesn't help you much. Buying Shadowbringers gives Stormblood also, but only when it releases, not right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user