Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I kinda expect SCH is going to get some pretty big changes too, the class is bloated as fuck in terms of skills, you just can't fit new shit on that class without removing a bunch of stuff, but everything has a place and is useful sometimes, so I think it's going to get some streamlining and shit.
That's the paladin to me. The job is way too bloated with abilities especially with defensive cooldowns. They have a grand total of 11 of them which includes personal and party ones. There are so many of them I never use. They can easily merge the alot of them into one ability.

Get rid of damage and enmity combos. I would get rid of enmity ones and just bake the potency into the dps ones. I'm not sure of how tank swaps is affected especially having potency on your primary attacks. I guess with proper shirk and provoke usage it shouldn't matter.

Also get rid of dps and tank stance.

Cybsled

For Samurai, I wouldn't be surprised if they consolidate a lot of the moves. There are two 3 skill combos you use to generate sen and get the buff (dmg and attack speed). There is a 2 skill combo that adds the slash debuff. I wouldnt be surprised if they use the PVP samurai skill system and just have a single skill that changes depending on how many times you press it. That lets you nuke 5 skills/buttons. There are also 2 base AOE attack that combo with a slash opener (if you use the slash opener, it buffs the AOE and also generates sen, letting you use the 2 sen AOE cone attack). I could see them simplifying that as well.

The level 70 samurai attack is clumsy to use and limited value outside of AOEing down packs of shit. However, it is on a long CD and because it is tab target, it can be hard to aim the attack properly. They should redo it completely or make it easier to use. Why not use the attack from the Stormblood cinematic? Target a spot on the ground and your character rushes through everything, doing damage.

The level 60 skill (the thing that lets you generate kenki?) needs a rework. It's only usable in combat, which makes it kind of garbage "hey guys, I'm just going to sit here for 60 seconds to fill my meter and not do DPS". It they made it work outside of combat, that would make the skill a nice pre-battle prep tool. Especially in level sync content when generating kenki is a pain in the ass.

The open eyes thing also needs a rework. On paper it seems cool, but literally the only thing I use it for is I pop it before an enemy uses an AOE so I can get the self-heal proc. It would be cooler if they buffed it a bit more/let it contribute to the party somehow.

In terms of things to add, I'd love to see more mobility. It's one of the things I love about the class, so I'd like to see more options.

Malkav

French Madman
For Samurai, I wouldn't be surprised if they consolidate a lot of the moves. There are two 3 skill combos you use to generate sen and get the buff (dmg and attack speed). There is a 2 skill combo that adds the slash debuff. I wouldnt be surprised if they use the PVP samurai skill system and just have a single skill that changes depending on how many times you press it. That lets you nuke 5 skills/buttons. There are also 2 base AOE attack that combo with a slash opener (if you use the slash opener, it buffs the AOE and also generates sen, letting you use the 2 sen AOE cone attack). I could see them simplifying that as well.

The level 70 samurai attack is clumsy to use and limited value outside of AOEing down packs of shit. However, it is on a long CD and because it is tab target, it can be hard to aim the attack properly. They should redo it completely or make it easier to use. Why not use the attack from the Stormblood cinematic? Target a spot on the ground and your character rushes through everything, doing damage.

The level 60 skill (the thing that lets you generate kenki?) needs a rework. It's only usable in combat, which makes it kind of garbage "hey guys, I'm just going to sit here for 60 seconds to fill my meter and not do DPS". It they made it work outside of combat, that would make the skill a nice pre-battle prep tool. Especially in level sync content when generating kenki is a pain in the ass.

The open eyes thing also needs a rework. On paper it seems cool, but literally the only thing I use it for is I pop it before an enemy uses an AOE so I can get the self-heal proc. It would be cooler if they buffed it a bit more/let it contribute to the party somehow.

In terms of things to add, I'd love to see more mobility. It's one of the things I love about the class, so I'd like to see more options.

I believe they said they won't do PVP combos in PVE for now.

I'm fully expecting them to remove slashing/piercing/blunt(lolmonk) debuffs from the game. They just lock you to some meta comps (you have a bard? You need a DRG...)

As for Meditation, it can be used to get a tick of kenki during your opener, but it's meant to be used to generate kenki during phase transitions when you have time to sit on your ass.

I agree that Open Eyes is clumsy to use. If you can get the proc, it's a DPS gain to use it on the DPS skill instead of the heal. But mainly it's not worth it to care.

As for mobility, SAM already has the best mobility out of all melee so eeeeeeh, I don't see them adding to it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You'll wanna do NMs in eureka until you get 900 genesis tokens. Eureka is the fastest way to cap out genesis tomes hands down, and since the cap was raised to 900 last week, you'll wanna stick with the NM trains to cap them.

With the genesis tomes you can get 390 gear, then do the Ivalice 24-man raids for the coins. With one of each coin from Rabanastre, Ridoran and Orbonne, you can upgrade one piece of 390 Genesis Tome gear to ilevel 400. Note that while you can farm Rabanastre and Ridoran as much as you want, you can only get one piece of 390 loot and one coin from Orbonne per week---which means you will only be able to upgrade one piece of 400 per week.

Aside from those you can do Seiryu EX trials to get a 395 weapon or farm o12s to work towards your omega gear/405 weapon, but the Eureka relic weapon is bis with only a few rerolls of the substats.
Thanks for this. Gives me some guidance on things. On top of this, I'll try and grind out just random quests that I find around the world that have the blue color plus signs on them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's the paladin to me. The job is way too bloated with abilities especially with defensive cooldowns. They have a grand total of 11 of them which includes personal and party ones. There are so many of them I never use. They can easily merge the alot of them into one ability.

Get rid of damage and enmity combos. I would get rid of enmity ones and just bake the potency into the dps ones. I'm not sure of how tank swaps is affected especially having potency on your primary attacks. I guess with proper shirk and provoke usage it shouldn't matter.

Also get rid of dps and tank stance.
Oh yeah Paladin is another one, but I find it easier to setup still than SCH, but it's pretty bad with all the cooldowns. I do think PLD will get some consolidated cooldowns, but I think they'll probably also use the gauge more when they rework Clemency/Holy Spirit mechanics. The class should see some pretty big changes overall.

On the tank stance and threat moves, the problem with that is wether or not they're ok just forgetting about the whole concept, or they want to enforce it. Since they added a 4th tank because they said they want to "balance the MT/OT count", they might be working towards a different solution that reinforces using stances for specific roles, making it harder to tank in DPS stance.

I don't think they should remove too many combos however. PLD actual combat stuff flows pretty well and is simple enough. You then have a couple of oGCDs, and the Holy Spirit rotation which might be completely changed, but overall it's simple enough. Any simpler and it gets boring as fuck like DRK one combo gameplay, shit's boring.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If the Requiescat/Holy Spirit odd rotation doesn't change come Shadowbringers, i'll eat my hat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If the Requiescat/Holy Spirit odd rotation doesn't change come Shadowbringers, i'll eat my hat.
That rotation feels soooooo bad. Holy spirit cast time is too long and it feels like an eternity spamming it.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Just realized that the Duty roulettes that I do daily , for leveling, eventually will clear out my dungeon quest log. Nice!! Was bugging me that I had all of these, and didn't really wanna go queue for all of them specifically.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I just use holy spirit to pull. Longer range than provoke and decent enough damage to lock in threat. In BA where it can pull multiple mobs, the extra range gives you time to switch targets and shield lob/taunt incoming adds before they hit the group.

In fact, I haven't had any trouble snapping aggro in BA, where pld have a reputation for weaker threat because flash doesn't work and not only can I pull from farther away than other tanks with holy spirit, if it's a single pull DPS can go to town as soon as holy spirit hits.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The combo leading to and from Req-Holy Spirit actually feels really good. Holy Spirit doesn't feel good though because unless you know fights perfectly you're going to have to move too often fucking up your DPS output.

I actually like all the defensive cooldowns on PLD. It works really well with PLD as an OT because you can use Cover with them to block various things. I really do think they should utilize cover more though, I'd love PLDs off tank role to be centered entirely around cover because it's a fun skill to use. Anticipation is fun too though.

I hope they push NIN further away from the enmity stuff, and make it have more support skills though. Trick Attack is fun so I'd like to see more skills in the vein of that.

WHM needs a huge overhaul that nixes or heavily reworks the Lilies.

BRD is too ADHD for me, but that's my own problem.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

So did I just miss it, or are there quests that push you towards new content? I feel like WoW does this pretty well. You hit max level, and then it quickly guides you towards the rest. Or dungeons have opened up to farm gear.

Did I miss the boat because I bought Rak gear, so I jumped to like 380 ilvl? I'm not that concerned with maxing out gear, but I do want to experience all the raids, but without Google, I have no idea how to unlock all these raids? I know there is a ton of them up on the duty finder, the lower level ones, that'd be great to experience as well?

Where did I miss a step, or what did I do wrong?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So did I just miss it, or are there quests that push you towards new content? I feel like WoW does this pretty well. You hit max level, and then it quickly guides you towards the rest. Or dungeons have opened up to farm gear.

Did I miss the boat because I bought Rak gear, so I jumped to like 380 ilvl? I'm not that concerned with maxing out gear, but I do want to experience all the raids, but without Google, I have no idea how to unlock all these raids? I know there is a ton of them up on the duty finder, the lower level ones, that'd be great to experience as well?

Where did I miss a step, or what did I do wrong?

If you see a quest NPC and the icon is blue with a plus underneath it, then it unlocks something.

Featurequest1_Icon.png

Because you're a little bit behind, you might want to check the wiki if there's anything specific you want to unlock.

Here's the dungeons/Raids/Alliance Raids:

Here's the trials:

And here's everything else:

All of the dungeons, raids and trials have stories, that are pretty good, so give them a watch if you're interested in the lore.

Crone

If you see a quest NPC and the icon is blue with a plus underneath it, then it unlocks something.

View attachment 202468

Because you're a little bit behind, you might want to check the wiki if there's anything specific you want to unlock.

Here's the dungeons/Raids/Alliance Raids:

Here's the trials:

And here's everything else:

All of the dungeons, raids and trials have stories, that are pretty good, so give them a watch if you're interested in the lore.
Haha, amazing, thanks man! I knew all those quests like that gave something, the issue I had was there were so many, and most don't tell you what they unlock. Didn't know where to start. Thanks!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Haha, amazing, thanks man! I knew all those quests like that gave something, the issue I had was there were so many, and most don't tell you what they unlock. Didn't know where to start. Thanks!
No probs! It's not so bad when there's just a few patches worth of content to unlock, but doing all the 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 unlocking at once would be a nightmare lol

khorum

Murder Apologist

I thought you said you were doing the blue quests already.

Crone

I thought you said you were doing the blue quests already.
I knew they unlocked stuff, and honestly I could have googled the info gshurik posted. My main complaint, is that every where you go, is a million blue quests and nothing at all pointing you at which ones are important. It's over whleming. Fully admit I'm used to the hand holding WoW does these days.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's because there's a million dungeons released in this game. Just need to go through the list, do each dungeon once and they'll start disapearing really quickly, and you'll get a shitton of poetics to buy various classes 50 and 60 gear.

I forgot the exact numbers but there's like 20+ dungeons in ARR and 15+ in HW(post cap dungeons only that is, the ones you actually unlock), and then a bunch in SB too obviously. Then you have extreme versions of all trials almost(many of which are part of the story in normal mode, but not all either), and the 24man and 8man raid questlines for each expansions. That's why there's a fuckton of blue things.

Cybsled

In SB they also made the extremes less of a headache quest wise. In ARR it would unlock extreme, but give you a quest to beat extreme also. In SB, they just unlocked it after you talked to the bard and you didn't have a quest sitting there anymore.

Crone

It's because there's a million dungeons released in this game. Just need to go through the list, do each dungeon once and they'll start disapearing really quickly, and you'll get a shitton of poetics to buy various classes 50 and 60 gear.

I forgot the exact numbers but there's like 20+ dungeons in ARR and 15+ in HW(post cap dungeons only that is, the ones you actually unlock), and then a bunch in SB too obviously. Then you have extreme versions of all trials almost(many of which are part of the story in normal mode, but not all either), and the 24man and 8man raid questlines for each expansions. That's why there's a fuckton of blue things.
Yea, been working on knocking out a bunch of them last night and today, and it's dwindling pretty quick. My Scholar is up to 59, and so it's easy to queue as healer for all the dungeon quests.

I still can't find the quest starter for a bunch of the Alliance raids. I go to the location the wiki says, and nothing is there. Not sure what's going on there.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, been working on knocking out a bunch of them last night and today, and it's dwindling pretty quick. My Scholar is up to 59, and so it's easy to queue as healer for all the dungeon quests.

I still can't find the quest starter for a bunch of the Alliance raids. I go to the location the wiki says, and nothing is there. Not sure what's going on there.
Do you have the primary MSQ quests finished (x.0, not x.1 to x.5)? It's required for a number of things.