Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm only 42 with the ARR skip. I'm hoping by launch I can be done with storm blood but I'm not really sure. I don't even want to do everything, I just want to be current. Possible?

Can be done easily, if you don't care about the lore at all really really easy lol, some of the cutscenes in HW/SB are just looonnnngggg(but it is a amazing story, can't wait till Shadowbringers)

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Well it's still optional. It doesn't mean the optional content isn't worth doing, there's a lot of side stories that are really interesting and well done. Still is optional in the sense you don't have to do them to keep doing the MSQ and unlock new stuff, but the original Coil, the current Ivalice 24man, the 2.0 24man Crystal Tower(probably, based on what we know about 5.0), Eureka, Hildibrande, the Edda storyline, the Moogle Post are all fairly interesting bits of story and characters(well Hildibrande is pretty special but still), and there's more. Every piece of content pretty much has story tied to it, and builds up the world bit by bit and makes it more interesting, even stuff that's fairly standalone(like Alexander storyline).

Hilde is the MSQ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Godbert is also the 2nd most powerful being on the planet. His wife is the most powerful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People would abuse the hell out of the roulettes if they could only unlock the 1 or 2 quickest dungeons and queue, so you will have to do more for each category to unlock.

You only need 2 of a given category to unlock the roulette. I did that for a bit to farm poetics on my 2nd account with Laby+Syrcus, no World of Darkness and nothing else. The thing is you can't "relock" dungeons, and you unlock a bunch via the MSQ anyway, so those roulettes get fucked. Only expert and mentor require a bunch of shit unlocked to be ran, afaik, all the others simply unlock as soon as you get 2.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Question.... can I use the light from pagos in pyros or are they two different types of lights?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
different types of light. You use the pyros light to upgrade the final eureka/physeos weapon tho.
Thanks that's what I thought. I didnt expect them to make it that easy. I got some excess pagos lights. I guess I'll start using them on my paladin.

khorum

Murder Apologist
yeah i earned enough pagos lights to make another weapon just idly farming speed belts/cassie earrings. you can make like 6 lights an hour farming coldboxes in a fast group without even trying.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m trying to talk a buddy into playing this, but he doesn’t have a PC. Can he connect to discord from his PS4? I think he’s okay with the idea of playing with a controller, but being unable to use voice coms might be a deal breaker.

khorum

Murder Apologist
in BA i heard ps4 ppl use discord on their phones or ipads. im on pc but i often use discord on my ipad.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m trying to talk a buddy into playing this, but he doesn’t have a PC. Can he connect to discord from his PS4? I think he’s okay with the idea of playing with a controller, but being unable to use voice coms might be a deal breaker.
It's not possible directly from the PS4, so you have to use your phone. I've done this before, and just hooked up some ear buds or whatever, and it worked out just fine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks that's what I thought. I didnt expect them to make it that easy. I got some excess pagos lights. I guess I'll start using them on my paladin.
Technically, unless you plan on using the actual relic for stuff, you can skip the Pyros light step entirely, since it's only for rollings stats on your relic, if you skip it, you'll have a blank weapon(so garbage), but it works just fine for glamouring over a tome, omega or seiryu weapon, and that shit will be outdated like 4hours into the expansion anyway. You still have to get all the crystals and the 5 fire zuzu feathers shit(or just more crystals).

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

2m2qc9.jpg

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
The last step of the eureka weapon will need the crystalline scales off the Providence Watcher, you cant buy those with crystals.

The base il 405 eureka weapons themselves are bis after you get the 5 lines of substats even with mediocre substat rolls versus the 405 omega weapons. Seiryu weapons would be too much mainstat loss. With some patience you can roll them with +600 in whatever priority stat for your job and getting +700 is possible without too much autism. Dont go trying to get 800+ those, that way lies madness.

The physeos weapon grants slightly more +elemental bonus than a full suit of +2 gear, and comes out to 1.56 magicites on your magia board. With a full set of elemental gear you're effectively fighting at elemental level 68 which makes a lot of eureka farming pretty fun. Also makes you more useful to ozma clears so you can get 30ish frags per run instead of the 12 in the usual frag run that stops before AV.

Last edited:

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
ffxiv_08042019_025838_763.png

Thank fucking god - fight took 125h~ prog time. Feels good to finally be free.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users