Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
the fact rabbits are in the game soon is making me play it again, god damnit.

• 1Barf
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you have the primary MSQ quests finished (x.0, not x.1 to x.5)? It's required for a number of things.
Yep, 100% done with all MSQ actually.

For the first ARR Alliance raid I figured out that the quest was in my log, but it wasn't obvious after talking to the dude that there was more. Found the quest name online, and then saw it in my journal.

Question.. if I haven't unlocked something, can I still get into it via Roulettes? Or is roulettes still only let you into dungeons/raids/trials that you've unlocked?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, 100% done with all MSQ actually.

For the first ARR Alliance raid I figured out that the quest was in my log, but it wasn't obvious after talking to the dude that there was more. Found the quest name online, and then saw it in my journal.

Question.. if I haven't unlocked something, can I still get into it via Roulettes? Or is roulettes still only let you into dungeons/raids/trials that you've unlocked?
Off the top of my head, meaning I could be wrong, Duty Roulette is based on if a given instance is unlocked, but some of the Duty Roulette categories require you to finish a certain number of them in order to queue for that roulette in the first place.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You can only sign up for duty roulette on content you have unlocked. It wouldn't even show up on your duty list if you haven't unlocked it.

If you've unlocked a dungeon/raid and DON'T meet the level/gear requirements it would just be greyed out.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I don't think you need to have cleared it necessarily but at least have the quest TO clear it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People would abuse the hell out of the roulettes if they could only unlock the 1 or 2 quickest dungeons and queue, so you will have to do more for each category to unlock.

Crone

So if there are 8 raids, and I've unlocked 2 of them, so I get the roulette opened up. When I queue for that roulette, it'll only ever put me into the 2 that are unlocked?

Malkav

French Madman
I may confused with things like Expert and 70 roulettes that only unlock once you have run every instance once then.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's how it works sometimes. They iterated through different schemes over the years and it was a little jarring going through them all at once as new player.

Crone

Ooooofffff FML , so much shit to unlock. Found the the dude in Waking Sands.

de2e1b649c26d3f18859c4489276557b.png

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Ooooofffff FML , so much shit to unlock. Found the the dude in Waking Sands.

de2e1b649c26d3f18859c4489276557b.png

Awakening is The Binding Coil of Bahamut, AKA Coil, the 2.0 8-man raid.
Nature is Garuda/Titan/Ifrit EX.
King Lives is Moggle Mog EX.
Whorl of a Time is Leviathan EX.
Drop Dead Shiva is Shiva EX.

Of these, for a fresh 50, Ruda requires the lowest item level, although Levi, Shiva, and the first fight in Coil are arguably easier to learn/less mechanically complex. It's pretty easy for a group of 70s to carry someone through any of these fights now, maybe barring the final fight in Coil if everyone is new.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've been mining and botanising for 6 hours straight.

Send help

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

We have any FC Discord that we could all join up in? I know we are kinda spread out, but it'd be cool to chat about shit while grinding.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm only 42 with the ARR skip. I'm hoping by launch I can be done with storm blood but I'm not really sure. I don't even want to do everything, I just want to be current. Possible?

Crone

I just put all 3 kids to bed in between fights, and skips on Praetorium. This shit is outta control. Lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm only 42 with the ARR skip. I'm hoping by launch I can be done with storm blood but I'm not really sure. I don't even want to do everything, I just want to be current. Possible?
possible. ARR is the longest part of the game, and you can blast through HW and SB pretty fast if you don't care about the story.

Just focus on one or two jobs.

Though I'd suggest watching the scenes if you can, the HW story is great, and the overall lore is pretty fantastic in XIV.