Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (06/18/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times

June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (06/18/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times

June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
I want to form a stable group for doing more Halatani, then Toto-rak to 26, so we can level skip, do Haukke manor, and then the final instance. You interested?

Anyone else 21+ and want to join? I'm Marauder, Byr is Thaum, a CNJ might be nice, and an archer/monk/lancer

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I want to form a stable group for doing more Halatani, then Toto-rak to 26, so we can level skip, do Haukke manor, and then the final instance. You interested?

Anyone else 21+ and want to join? I'm Marauder, Byr is Thaum, a CNJ might be nice, and an archer/monk/lancer
I believe i am level 20, a couple hours into this weekend i should be 21, then i would be definitely be in.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

nah, im not big on grinding out levels when there arnt quests in to do it. Ill probably just mess around on some of the other classes, maybe play through the 1 story i havnt done yet to 15.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Np, I'm sure Kaosu will be in. Two thaum are kinda good, so me, Forbin, Kaosu, plus one. One thaum can heal, or dps when not needed etc. Still have a spot for a pug/archer/lancer.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It's only main and sub class, no 3rd class. And job is only those 5 spells, mentionned that already last page and it's the same as 1.0. WHM arguably has some of the worst job skills though, regen is only the thing that stands out a bit and not even that much. Thing is you don't have to play WHM if you don't want to, it's not a permanent change or anything, if the regen isn't useful for the specific fight and you don't need the cooldowns, then you might as well stay CNJ. Regardless though there's not many abilities you can use as a CNJ that are useful from other classes, it's probably the least synergetic of all classes. Arcanist might have some good shit to steal we'll see but atm there's very very little. Mostly you'd replace the WHM cooldowns by THM cooldowns and maybe get the monk self heal if it's not on GCD.
Had to chuckle that the tooltip for Convert on BLM indicates it can't be used when under 20% health. Nothing was more hilarious that watching a Necro or caster Manastone themselves to death or someone explode from using a Mod Rod. Bard ones all look great really, you get one song each for refreshing MP and TP, a lower resist song, and a 2.5s cooldown attack that lowers atk/def of mob that can chain in to your Archer ability. Those seem complimentary and useful.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nice.

I think I'm feeling Archer as well. Conjurer was pretty boring in combat.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It's only main and sub class, no 3rd class. And job is only those 5 spells, mentionned that already last page and it's the same as 1.0. WHM arguably has some of the worst job skills though, regen is only the thing that stands out a bit and not even that much. Thing is you don't have to play WHM if you don't want to, it's not a permanent change or anything, if the regen isn't useful for the specific fight and you don't need the cooldowns, then you might as well stay CNJ. Regardless though there's not many abilities you can use as a CNJ that are useful from other classes, it's probably the least synergetic of all classes. Arcanist might have some good shit to steal we'll see but atm there's very very little. Mostly you'd replace the WHM cooldowns by THM cooldowns and maybe get the monk self heal if it's not on GCD.
I was going off of

Paladin, requires Gladiator level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Marauder and Conjurer abilities.
Dragoon, requires Lancer level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.
Monk, requires Pugilist level 30 and Lancer level 15. Can use Lancer and Archer abilities.
Bard, requires Archer level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Conjurer and Thaumaturge abilities.
Warrior, requires Marauder level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.
White Mage, requires Conjurer level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.
Black Mage, requires Thaumaturge level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.
Summoner, an upcoming job of A Realm Reborn, will be available to Arcanists.
Scholar, an upcoming job of A Realm Reborn.
I think this is info from 1.0 tho so might have changed and even then I am still not sure what it means when it says you can use abilities from those classes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Had to chuckle that the tooltip for Convert on BLM indicates it can't be used when under 20% health. Nothing was more hilarious that watching a Necro or caster Manastone themselves to death or someone explode from using a Mod Rod. Bard ones all look great really, you get one song each for refreshing MP and TP, a lower resist song, and a 2.5s cooldown attack that lowers atk/def of mob that can chain in to your Archer ability. Those seem complimentary and useful.
Yeah overall I think most of the jobs had useful and interesting abilities, other than WHM. The issue lies in the current classes though. There is only one healing class in the job, there's 2 other supports jobs but being jobs you can't cross class from them(bard+scholar) while those jobs can cross class conjurer stuff. No other archetype suffer the same issue, there's 2 tank classes so obviously stuff from GLD or MRD are useful to each other, then you even have stuff from other classes being useful like the parry buff from lancer or just being able to increase damage on demand for threat. Obviously DPS cross class pretty efficiently. THM doesn't cross class dmg that much but with Arcanist it should become better fairly easily. But unless Arcanist happens to have a heal or a defensive buff of some sort, CNJ won't really benefit much from it, I mean sure you might get a debuff that reduce dmg done or increase dmg taken but that won't massively improve your healing.

Still while you can cross class CNJ and do decent healing, say with THM for permanent max mana or bard for songs etc, main CNJ still seems to get a lot of stuff that isn't shared that would make it the prime healer, especially in traits. In combat rez, magic defense buff, much stronger stoneskin, more heals including ones with a lot higher HPS, Esuna(debuff removal).

So end result is by having only one class, they stacked all the healing tools on the class already. Which makes WHM a bit redundant so they give you some stuff but they can't really give you a bunch more heals cause you already have a tons of tools from the base CNJ. At the same time there's no real point in not specing WHM because you can't really get much from other classes. There's very little choice in how you play a pure healer in the game as a result. Scholar might change this decently but there's a solid chance it's just going to be a secondary healer that can never solo heal stuff as they like the extreme role specialization(like how GLD/PLD is awful at aoe threat while MRD can hold against anything by just spamming one key). Also you'll have to lvl CNJ a decent bit on top of Arcanist for scholar, while for WHM you just level CNJ and you're good to go since GLD doesn't really have shit you'd want anyway, just need 15 for the job unlock.

But yeah other classes get cooler shit. Warrior gets a "combo point" system to play around along with pretty cool skills, Paladin get tanking stance, invuln and damage transfer, Bard get songs, Black Mage gets big aoes as well as a bit of utility, Dragoon get all the jump shit, not sure about Monk but they get a charge so that's at least something unique. And obviously summoners are getting mini primal summons, while scholars get heals, so good shit there I assume. At least I wish they'd change the WHM aoe nuke to 30 or 35 to help with leveling speed.

Edit: Creslin probably outdated stuff, none of the Pugilist abilities have WHM in the list of usable classes, even those that can be used by CNJ.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

My archer friend and I (CNJ) should be around a lot this weekend, level 23(?) and currently at Ifrit as far as the main quest goes.

Pyros: They've said that SCH will be a main healer, so it would be a major failure in game design/balance if it turns out otherwise.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their support exchanged EU key for US, heads up with anyone else sitting on an EU.
Hmm even if I already used the EU key with a new EU account?

I'll be on my archer most likely for most the weekend. She is 22 or 23 cant remember.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was looking to check this out...wanted to play an Archer possibly. Is it true the only advanced "job" for it is Bard though? Or are there going to be others?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My archer friend and I (CNJ) should be around a lot this weekend, level 23(?) and currently at Ifrit as far as the main quest goes.

Pyros: They've said that SCH will be a main healer, so it would be a major failure in game design/balance if it turns out otherwise.
In total we have:

Chysamere: 23 Marauder
Kaosu: 23 Thaumaturge
Vorph: 23 Conjurer
Vorph Friend: 23 Archer

Cinge: 23 Archer
Intrinsic: 21 Conjurer
Forbin: 21 Thaumaturge

looks like we just need one more tank, and we can form two groups.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Was looking to check this out...wanted to play an Archer possibly. Is it true the only advanced "job" for it is Bard though? Or are there going to be others?
Yea ATM just Bard but it is possible they will add more eventually after release.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a class / job whose primary role is tanking? If someone can point me in the right direction where to start that would be great.

A bit confused reading through the internet fodder, giving this a go Friday and never played any FF games.