Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to fix the first 15 levels or so somehow. I know it gets better but It's going to keep people from picking this up once they test it in Live beta. I know 2 people who planned to play at live and quit before the weekend beta ended.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Better explanations is linkshells are basically chat channels that are invite only, that's all they do, you can be a member of multiple linkshells. Free Companies are guilds, even though I don't know if there's a lot of features atm, but guild housing is planned and there might be guild storage already in the game. They also come with a chat channel and you can only be a member of one I believe, much like guilds in any other games.

You need to be 25 to start a free company or something like that, but you can start a linkshell right away with no req.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They need to fix the first 15 levels or so somehow. I know it gets better but It's going to keep people from picking this up once they test it in Live beta. I know 2 people who planned to play at live and quit before the weekend beta ended.
I have leveled multiples to 15+ and one to 23 and im pretty sure im going to give this a pass myself. Its ironic, i havent played WoW in 3 years but after suffering in this, thats all i can think about playing.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
theyve improved the game a lot but still suffer from cognitive dissonance. the response to needing to lower the gcd? "equipment at level 50 can do that"

yea, that's not going to stop people from quitting at level 5

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With everyone getting amped up, I might have to log on this weekend to try this thing again. I haven't played since P2 I think?
wait until phase 4 imo. then everything will be in and youll at least get to keep it if you keep playing.

anyone know the exact effects of the thaum buffs for fire and ice. Looking for the numbers behind the buffs.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have leveled multiples to 15+ and one to 23 and im pretty sure im going to give this a pass myself. Its ironic, i havent played WoW in 3 years but after suffering in this, thats all i can think about playing.
yea, it just doesn't have a good flow to it. It's questing for the sake of questing. They should rip out a lot of the kill quests and add a level 5ish sewer group area with a few baddies.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? All I've seen was how the fairy would provide "aoe healing" and that sounded to me like Scholars would be "raid healers" while WHM would be tank healer. It'd be nice if Scholar was basically 5 healing abilities but I don't know I'll wait to see it, and doesn't change the fact you'll have Arcanist as your main so you're probably not getting THAT much compared to WHM who get all the CNJ spells and all the traits, most of which are actually healing related. Hope they release some solid info or that they patch the client with the skills so they can be datamined.
Arcanist is going to be mainly heals and debuffs from what I saw in the E3 discussions, so it's not like all of Scholar's healing is going to come from the 5 job spells + what they can grab from CNJ (pretty safe bet CNJ is the second class required for it).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
How long would it take to get to 20? I missed out on practically everything last weekend because of work, and I'll miss most of friday this week.
Depends if you get stuck for 16 hours waiting for healers to catch up to do the group instance main questline like I did
frown.png

Damn lodestone is like facebook for FF14. I think, unlike facebook, it might actually be useful though.

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/l...0623253299749/

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anyone have an extra PS3 code? I'd like to try the game on the PS3 (never got an invite for PS3, only PC). I can offer nudes of my penis, a couple of VHS tapes (Harry and the Hendersons, Flight of the Navigator), or cyber you at all hours of the night.

Merquise_sl

shitlord
I'm thinking about rolling a tank or healer, that way I focus on the situation. GDC annoys me playing DPS. I'm used to wow, where the GDC is very short compared to each skills cooldown.

Is Glad/Paladin going to be the best tank?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Any unique or quirky classes? From what I've read Monk and Bard both sound like a lot of fun but are those going to be two of the most played (I understand this is less of a big deal with how the system works) because they're different?

Also, group makeup is pretty standard right? Tank, healer, dps to fill out the remaining slots? Bard is probably the closest thing to a utility class right? Is that going to be group useful or ultimately phased out in favor or straight dps like in a lot of modern games?

I like that the tribe options for each race give some cosmetic differences but I wish overall there was a little more variety there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I posted my first blog on the lodestone. Shit, there are a lot of people in this beta. Lodestone posts are going up like 10 per minute.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any unique or quirky classes? From what I've read Monk and Bard both sound like a lot of fun but are those going to be two of the most played (I understand this is less of a big deal with how the system works) because they're different?

Also, group makeup is pretty standard right? Tank, healer, dps to fill out the remaining slots? Bard is probably the closest thing to a utility class right? Is that going to be group useful or ultimately phased out in favor or straight dps like in a lot of modern games?

I like that the tribe options for each race give some cosmetic differences but I wish overall there was a little more variety there.
it's probably too early to tell at this point but bard was super OP in ffxi

i kinda wish they brought ninja tanking back. now that was a unique mechanic

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh wtf who's Katya Kazanova, you're in my friendlist, ran Hatali together before I went to bed before the end of the beta. I also noticed Ray Gilette and Sterling Archer names while I was lvling because of Archer, didn't know that was people from here.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know who Katya is, but they asked me why we're not friends.