Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Azim Steppe may be the most beautiful zone I have ever seen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
You can buy the drops from penny from the birdwatcher npc near the gate in town for 50 crystals each. Theres also 2 parts to the 50 quest, the first is near penny , the second is past yin's spawn in the south.
Thanks that helped out. I finally got my Pyros weapon. I was able to get a Penny kill which yielded 3 and I bought the other 2 from the bird watcher. Question.... what's up with the abyssmal stats on it? It has an higher ilvl than my Rakshasa but waaaaay lower stats. Is this when I need to start farming light, reroll it in order to have better or perfect stats?

Malkav

French Madman
Thanks that helped out. I finally got my Pyros weapon. I was able to get a Penny kill which yielded 3 and I bought the other 2 from the bird watcher. Question.... what's up with the abyssmal stats on it? It has an higher ilvl than my Rakshasa but waaaaay lower stats. Is this when I need to start farming light, reroll it in order to have better or perfect stats?

The Pyros weapon has no secondary stats until you farm light and go through the stats rolling process.

It is possible to delay the process until you finish the weapon in Hydatos and then come back to Pyros to do Light again. Be aware that your weapon would be without substats for the whole time though until you get to the ilvl405 step.

It's what I'm currently doing. I didnt want to stay in Pyros right now, so I went to Hydatos. Current elvl60 and working on the 230 Hydatos crystals I still need to finish the weapon. Already have the Providence Watcher scales I need (hydatos zuzu).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Azim Steppe may be the most beautiful zone I have ever seen.

It's funny because technically, it's one of the most "empty" zones they've done, it's mostly just a large plain with a few mountains around it and that big ass floating shit in the middle, but it captures the whole steppe feeling really well because of it, and it's definitely a great looking zone and I loved the lore/quests stuff in there. Out of SB, it's my favorite too, with Yanxia second and The Lochs 3rd. Ruby Sea I found kinda boring although I see what they were trying to do with it, with the whole swimming expansion concept, and Peaks/Fringes are terrible imo and I still sometimes can't remember if the place I want to go to is in one or the other(fringes has some nice stuff going on with the experimental gased forest area and the large bridge, but it still feels meh).

I'm really looking forward to next expansion zones though cause they look really varied and fresh, and a bunch of them looked very "final fantasy-ish" if that makes sense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
It's funny because technically, it's one of the most "empty" zones they've done, it's mostly just a large plain with a few mountains around it and that big ass floating shit in the middle, but it captures the whole steppe feeling really well because of it, and it's definitely a great looking zone and I loved the lore/quests stuff in there. Out of SB, it's my favorite too, with Yanxia second and The Lochs 3rd. Ruby Sea I found kinda boring although I see what they were trying to do with it, with the whole swimming expansion concept, and Peaks/Fringes are terrible imo and I still sometimes can't remember if the place I want to go to is in one or the other(fringes has some nice stuff going on with the experimental gased forest area and the large bridge, but it still feels meh).

I'm really looking forward to next expansion zones though cause they look really varied and fresh, and a bunch of them looked very "final fantasy-ish" if that makes sense.

The Lochs night theme is probably my second favorite night theme behind Night in the Brume. When those piano arpeggios kick in, holy shit. And yeah, the Steppe's simplicity is what makes it great; no needing to snake your way around impassible mountains like you do in Yanxia (not to disparage Yanxia too much, because I love the music and visuals).

Last edited:

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm personally hoping that 5.0 will dethrone the competition for best zone and/or best zone music. I really want to hear the entirety of the Rak'tika Greatwood theme, for example.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah until I see the original japanese term for those items I refuse to believe there isn't a troll on the EN localization team. "Moist Boxes" wtf.

Cybsled

Game is full of translation trolls/dirty jokes. There is one quest where you have to go hunting game for a woman, but the intro text says she is a woman who clearly needs meat lol. Or the text of the windup Chloe minion that mentions there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the fact someone made a fully automated recreation of a 10 year old kid

The Aerith doll flavor text also replaces every instance of is with ith to poke fun at the original ff7 localization. There’s tons of examples in the game

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got sucked into EQ and this didn't grab me back like I thought it would. Does anyone want this account?

8YYnABY.png

PLD and BLM are at full 380 and I have a 380 BRD weapon

Cybsled

FFXV crossover event is live. Starts in Uldah outside the Immortal Flames HQ. Doing the quest until ends gives the Noctis outfit (dyable). It also unlocks a vendor at the golden saucer that sells the car (200k MGP), hairstyle (10k MGP), and 5 star triad card (10k MGP).

There is also a fate you do. It rewards 2 tokens per complete and the orchestron rolls cost 1 each. There are 6 total rolls, so you just need to do the fate 3 times to buy them all up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
FFXV crossover event is live. Starts in Uldah outside the Immortal Flames HQ. Doing the quest until ends gives the Noctis outfit (dyable). It also unlocks a vendor at the golden saucer that sells the car (200k MGP), hairstyle (10k MGP), and 5 star triad card (10k MGP).

There is also a fate you do. It rewards 2 tokens per complete and the orchestron rolls cost 1 each. There are 6 total rolls, so you just need to do the fate 3 times to buy them all up.
I have never done a gold saucer event. What's the best way to get MGP currency to buy mounts from there?

Cybsled

There are a few ways. To get MGP fast:

1) do fashion report. The reddit page usually lets you know what clothes give gold rank. 2 gold rank clothing items gets you a score of 80, which rewards 60k total (50k for 80 score, 10k for just participating). This runs every week with reset on Friday. For instance, last report only needed like 300 Gil worth of vendor items to get gold. This is your biggest source of lump sum MGP outside the lotto.

2) challenge logs. Weekly reset. For Lord of Vermillion, you don’t have to win, so joining a game and going afk is fine lol

3) cactpot: there is a daily scratch ticket and a weekly big prize on Saturday. Join them all, you make a profit even if you lose

4) sell triad cards. Not most efficient, but if you get random drops, you can sell them to the saucer

5) saucer events. Some are stupidly easy, like air force shooting event. Perfect on that rewards 4K points.

6) not easy, but wonderous tales sometimes has MGP rewards if you still do that

Cybsled

There is a hidden funny line in the quest. When you first get to Girdania, talk to Noctis instead of the reporter. He says “cat people...cat people everywhere!” Lol