Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Are they actually selling though or is that just the price they're listed at?

I was on Omega until a week ago or so when I used the free transfer to move out and the economy was super fucked there(well until some Balmung guy moved in and flooded the market with cheap Rakshasa shit, literally hundreds of items). Could sell a lot of shit for way more than they should be worth because a lot of casual and RPers but not many people farming stuff. I actually made several millions selling decoration fishes while I was doing the whole fishing log completion shit, literally selling single fishes for 500k-1.2m. Mind you, they moved slow, but they did move eventually and it was free shit I got while doing my thing anyway.

Rakshasa in general was horribly overpriced until the guy came in with his cheap shit and I made most of my money exploiting that before the inevitable crash when they open world visit. It'd cost me 40-60k in mats(at Omega price, which was higher than some other servers) to make a Rakshasa accessory selling for 350-500k before the prices crashed. Now that they crashed mats went down too though so it's like 30-40k to make a 200-300k item so still fine. And surprisingly, they sold very quickly and there was little competition. Like I'd sell 10-15items a day(and I was only listing accessories, and generally only GSM or LTW stuff, never the whole sets).

As for the crafting leveling, doing beast tribes is great and is honestly a ton more efficient than dumping money in leves, unless you want to level them asap. Also gear is probably not worth changing too often if you just do beast tribes. You can make some money crafting low lvl stuff though sometimes. You can check ingots especially, like electrum, cobalt, silver, these usually turn a profit just by crafting them from ores you buy on the market, just boring but if you setup a macro with autohotkey you can do it afk pretty easily. Also check what crafting gear you can remake for cheap, and convert them into materia when they're spiritbound and remake them. Crafting materias sell for good money, even the low ones, since people need low materias for overmelding at decent %(so like control III and IV should sell for really good money still, same for CP, craftsmanship is often cheaper).

They consistently sell, but this is a new development as of about a week ago. I've sold about 6 maps at 250k+

Yeah I've been using my leves on HQ items I've been getting, but just Beast tribes and grinding through the rest.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't have a source but Yoshi talked about how war/drk would be MT roles and pld/gun OT, and he thought adding another tank made sense because of this. Not sure I agree - imo pld sucks to play in pugs cuz you need so much babying to do very well. Will be interesting to see how gun works out.

It's not something set it stone, but the actual quote was posted earlier in thread:

"So hypothetically speaking, if we rebalance things and put Warrior as MT, then the Paladin and Dark Knight would be fighting for off-tank. No matter what we really needed to balance this with two and two. Its much more fair this way, so its two jobs between main tank and two between off-tank. This is very tentative so please convey this is no indication at all of our final plans."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Up/down on the D-pad actually hard targets and cycles through? I think up down soft targeted party members for purposes of healing.
You can press x with someone highlighted and they will be hard targeted, so your selection always defaults to them

Up/Down starts at your target and moves through the other party members then snaps back to the target after casting.

It's really useful for keeping focused on the tank and never having to press up/down more than twice to heal someone in a small party, don't know why you'd want it any other way. It's so much better than pressing f1-f5 in WoW or mouseclicks.

I guess hard targeting is more important for dps/tanks??

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can press x with someone highlighted and they will be hard targeted, so your selection always defaults to them

Up/Down starts at your target and moves through the other party members then snaps back to the target after casting.

It's really useful for keeping focused on the tank and never having to press up/down more than twice to heal someone in a small party, don't know why you'd want it any other way. It's so much better than pressing f1-f5 in WoW or mouseclicks.

I guess hard targeting is more important for dps/tanks??
It's a good system for healers. And honestly probably great for tanks where they could soft target adds and taunt them without losing target on boss. I just want to be able to cycle hard targets while on controller. One of those I had it on keyboard and I want it on controller things.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I've just been doing my moogle quests seeing as I hadn't had a crafter at 50 before now. Got my ALC and CUL to 54 that way. I should probably actually gear up, but my gil situation is bad right now.

Wyvernskin maps are selling for 250k though on Omega.

CUL is the easiest one to get to 60. Just spam the Ishgardian Muffin leve.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Possible leak list of removed spells. Take this shit with a grain of salt.
Dv6AsSf.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In response to spoiler
I can live without Blizzard II and Freeze. Diversion and Lucid Dreaming as well as some other DPS role abilities getting the ax might be dumbing things down.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Everything in that spoiler more or less makes sense. Yeah losing TA for Ninjas is going to make them less viable in raids, but the heart of the class will still be intact and fun to play.

I just hope losing Dark Arts doesn't make DRK as boring as it currently is pre level 70.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Everything in that spoiler more or less makes sense. Yeah losing TA for Ninjas is going to make them less viable in raids, but the heart of the class will still be intact and fun to play.

I just hope losing Dark Arts makes DRK as boring as it currently is pre level 70.
Getting rid of paladin's sword oath (dps stance) and healer's protect? Why just pld only and not rest of tanks? Unless they are making pld/gunbreaker main tank roles while Drk and war as off tanks so they can switch between dps and tank stance? I dont know I'm kinda confused on these IF they're true.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm super impressed with dungeon encounter design. Did Keeper of the Lake I think it was called, and really enjoyed the final boss fight.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I take that leak with a grain of salt for the simple reason that the removed skills have different icons than what's shown there.

removedskill.png

I mean granted, they could change the icon but it's always had a red slash through it and not just been black and white.

Cybsled

Ya, I wouldn't overreact yet. Don't forget they also plan to consolidate certain skills and revamp others, so even if a skill is removed, there is a good chance the benefits from it will live on through something else.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got the main SB MSQs done, just cleanup on the patch ones to go before I am ready for ShB. SMN has been 70 a while. RDM got to 70 a day or two ago. BLM is 62 and will be next on the HOH daily roulette train after MCH is done.

What is the easiest way to gear up as a n00b at 70? I looked at the market for 380 gear, but that is all hella expensive.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Getting rid of paladin's sword oath (dps stance) and healer's protect? Why just pld only and not rest of tanks? Unless they are making pld/gunbreaker main tank roles while Drk and war as off tanks so they can switch between dps and tank stance? I dont know I'm kinda confused on these IF they're true.

Sword oath is stupid and one of the contributing factors to PLD being stuck as second tank. The other tanks at present don't have a sword oath equivalent. DRK, for example either has grit up (Shield Oath equivalent) or doesn't. Stance swapping costs PLD an extra GCD compared to the other tanks and it's unfair. Aside from any sweeping changes to combat and tanks, this is a good change and makes life simpler for everyone involved.

Protect is lame now especially with unlimited role actions. Better to just make it baseline than have a silly buff for RP reasons.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What is the easiest way to gear up as a n00b at 70? I looked at the market for 380 gear, but that is all hella expensive.

Cap your weekly tomes. This is your #1 priority. You're capped at 900 of the good tomes per week, which is a piece or two. Running any content gives you tomes; Eureka is the most mindless but your daily roulettes might be more engaging.

Run the EX dungeons. Group level gear is decent.

Run your 24 man raids every week. Besides getting gear, you get upgrade coins which you can use on your tome weapons and armor.

The non-savage 8 man raids give decent gear. It's not the best, but it's excellent for the time investment. Do these ASAP after the weekly reset for better groups and shorter queues.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got the main SB MSQs done, just cleanup on the patch ones to go before I am ready for ShB. SMN has been 70 a while. RDM got to 70 a day or two ago. BLM is 62 and will be next on the HOH daily roulette train after MCH is done.

Farm level 70 dungeons, and slowly gear up through that. Just greed or need everything, and move up the dungeons as you get gear to meet the ilvl requirements.

Buy Rak crafted gear off the Market, but as you said, can be expensive. It was about a million gil to buy my Bard the 380 set.

Farm Genesis tomes, and buy Scaevan 390 gear.

Do raids!

Do a combination of it all and welcome to end game!

Malkav

French Madman
Oh looks like they'd remove Wildfire, which let's all admit it, will be a good thing for Machinist.

Also removing monk stances, I wonder where they are going with that because two of the tools for Greased Lightning management are linked to them (shoulder tackle in Wind and Earth's Reply in Earth).

• 1Like

Cybsled

They haven't uncapped weekly rewards yet, but Osbornne Monestary gives 380 gear. If you collect tomes (now capped at 900/week), you can also buy 390 gear upgradable to 400.

Not counting the time investment, that stuff is all free. You're better off saving your money or speculating on what is going to rise in value come ShB and buying up on that for a return on investment.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also from that same Discord, so it must be noted:

"That's not a leak. That's literally just icons from Job Guide desaturated and put into a picture at random by a tripcode user on /v/ that we've never seen before. There's absolutely ZERO credibility to any of this, no, it's not posted by the "same guy", you're beling lied to by the discord poster outright, and the entire thing falls apart because Sword Oath is there and from the words of Yoshida during Naoki's Room part 1 segment of Tokyo Fanfest, oaths are NOT going away, although they are becoming OGCD as their purpose is changing. "

The point being made (and is quite valid i'd have to say as someone who also likes to mine that data), where the hell would this have been mined from anyway? There isn't any SB2 data currently on our clients to even mine that list from, so unless it's a straight up leak from a client we don't have yet, which is highly unlikely, it's bullshit, don't worry.

Last edited: