Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've started doing 70 roulette again, just to try out dungeons that I haven't played in ages. The Sastasha on every leveling roulette was killing me slowly.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've started doing 70 roulette again, just to try out dungeons that I haven't played in ages. The Sastasha on every leveling roulette was killing me slowly.
Hahaha, I've had streaks like this but not lately. My hurdle right now is unlocking all the raids when my main is a dps. Fuck I hate queue times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been doing my best to get caught up in Eureka, blitzed through Pagos in ~2 days riding the NM trains as hard as we could. I assume the best path is to level through all the way to 60 in Hydatos while completing 1 relic along the way (since it seems to pace itself out that way). Any tips for Pyros or is it full steam NM train all the way?

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Been doing my best to get caught up in Eureka, blitzed through Pagos in ~2 days riding the NM trains as hard as we could. I assume the best path is to level through all the way to 60 in Hydatos while completing 1 relic along the way (since it seems to pace itself out that way). Any tips for Pyros or is it full steam NM train all the way?

Yeah, Pyros is more interesting so it goes faster though. But the NM train in Pagos will be smaller or more dispersed than before since there's a lot more stuff to do for the high level ppl. A lot of max level people will be in Pyros farming lights to re-roll the stats on their relic weapon, there will always be a few people farming the bunny fates since that's actually relevant in Pyros and there's usually a group or two farming heatboxes or dragons. But everyone will usually prep Dux or Owl when they're spawnable since they're worth more than 1 bar of light each. Also everyone will usually come kill Skoll.

Bear in mind that the bunny fate in Pyros is the first that's relevant since you'll need the logos (also hairstyles and others for cash) and the bunny fate gives great exp till 40 or so. You can buy all the logos you need to unlock the relic armor for about 3-4 mill.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm

When you get into Pyros, make sure to take a good look at the logogram system. There is a logogram called reflect, it reflects magic attacks only back at opponents. You want to be 35-36, and pulling elemental sprites 7-8 levels higher than your current level. During heat wave weather, near the southern aetheryte you can farm fire sprites till about 38ish. Stay here if the weather remains heat wave, if not move to the middle aethertye and farm the 45 sprites. At level 40 head to the northwest aethertye there are mobbs called white flame, about 20 of them, you can go 40-48 in about 40 mins using reflect here. 48-50 finally join the train unlock the weapon start farming light.

36-38: Reflect fire sprites near southern aetheryte.
38-40: Reflect wind sprites near middle aetheryte.
40-48: Reflect mass pull white flame at northwest aetheryte.
48-50: NM train, farm light for weapon after 50.

While waiting for the right weather, do nm's you can safely get too. Use the weather watcher in game, or use something like garland tools. You can be max level in a few hours, and out of there in a day by abusing reflect.

*Note if you want to reflect kill faster, do it on a job that is below level 70, and do it without gear, it reflects more damage and leads to faster kills.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The light buff in pagos is really nice. I almost completed my 2nd relic there messing around casually yesterday. I really wish SE would hurry up and do the same for pyros and hydatos. When Stormbringers is released no one will be really worrying about eureka. So why not do it now when we're in that post expansion phase when we dont have much to do. That'll give us at least 2 months to complete any additional eureka weapons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh that's nice gonna get that for my alt and use the free login campaign shit to clear Heavensward since it's been a while.

Edit: Also works in NA now.

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Just hit the novus stage for my relic.

It needs to end soon please

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Malakriss

To follow up on the reflect strat

36 vs 43 sprite = 273,332 exp (+300%)
37 vs 43 sprite = 819,996 exp (+300%)
38 vs 43 sprite = 644,376 exp (+310%) / 38 vs 44 sprite (no adapation) = 360,792 exp
39 vs 43 sprite = 601,328 exp (+300%)
40 vs 43 sprite = 573,996 exp (+300%) *** takes far too long and too many reflects

There are supposedly 44 sprites near the 38a quest interaction we'll be testing that in a few min.
edit: 44s do not adapt and thus reduce the exp.

Note: BEWARE NIGHT SPAWNS
40 vs 48 white flame = 60,159 (+310%) - 16 spawns to pull
41 vs 48 white flame = 120,318 (+310%)
42 vs 48 white flame = 352,152 (+300%)
43 vs 48 white flame = 269,980 (+300%)
44 vs 48 white flame = 258,244 (+300%)
45 vs 48 white flame = 246,504 (+300%) - takes like 10 reflects and a notably lengthier time to kill
46 vs 48 white flame = 234,768 (+300%) - only 4 or 5% damage per reflect
47 vs 48 white flame = 146,728 (+300%) - only 2 or 3% damage per reflect

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh I just did NMs for Pyros, need crystals anyway to make the weapon/armor so it's not like it changes too much. I guess skipping the first few levels so you can unlock the teleports(mostly the middle one and the bottom one, can run to the top shit from the middle one pretty easily) is nice but it isn't otherwise a big issue, you get a ton of FATE xp. That said I guess doing reflect farming you'll be able to get logograms for free, but not sure if you get good types? I know the ones you get for Hydatos sprites(Conceptual and Fundamental iirc) are worth like 200g each, because you literally get hundreds of them in a few minute.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I know within a month some jobs will change drastically while others little but I'm looking for another ranged job to try out. Right now I have a 70 rdm I used in Eureka to get my weapons for my Drk and working on mybpld. I like it but damn it's gotten boring to play and I'm tired constantly looking at the mana bars. So I want to try either a summoner or black mage. Anyone here has any experience with either who could give me some feedback?

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Summoner: High rotational requirement, low mechanic requirement(mobile), good utility.
Black Mage: Low rotational requirement, highest mechanic requirement of all ranged jobs, little to no utility.

The skill ceiling of both jobs is significantly higher than Red Mage. Both being difficult for their own reasons, Summoner has a pretty high rotational requirement revolving around managing stacks of aetherflow, managing dots, and doing a 2 minute cylindrical rotation. Summoner requires a significant amount of double weaving ogcds, but comes with very high mobility. Black Mage has a fairly simple 2 phase rotation but with an uptime requirement. Things like slide casting, encounter knowledge, etc are far more demanding for this job compared to the other casters.

Black Mage single target is about the highest in the game right now, but brings no utility to the group. Summoner single target is also quite strong, and they bring a significant amount of utility to a group. Summoner has the strongest overall AoE in the game, but Black Mage is right behind them. Both jobs can clear everything in the game, although Black Mage becomes less common the more mechanically demanding a fight becomes. It may be tougher to find parties on a Black Mage overall as well.

As far as savage is concerned I personally believe Black Mage is more fun to play in a controlled group setting with set positions for mechanics. Black Mage can be really hurt by other players not placing mechanics consistently, which can outright force a Black Mage out of position, lowering dps significantly. Summoner does not have these issues at all. I do recommend that you try Black Mage though because it forces you into a different mindset and requires mechanical skills that are beneficial to all casters players in the game. Casters that can play Black Mage well tend to be the strongest players on the other two jobs as well.

Malakriss

Meh I just did NMs for Pyros, need crystals anyway to make the weapon/armor so it's not like it changes too much. I guess skipping the first few levels so you can unlock the teleports(mostly the middle one and the bottom one, can run to the top shit from the middle one pretty easily) is nice but it isn't otherwise a big issue, you get a ton of FATE xp. That said I guess doing reflect farming you'll be able to get logograms for free, but not sure if you get good types? I know the ones you get for Hydatos sprites(Conceptual and Fundamental iirc) are worth like 200g each, because you literally get hundreds of them in a few minute.
The 43 ember sprites that adapt give mitigative, which ironically are used to make the Reflects. The circle of life.

Navigating new eurekas before the aetheryte attunements is a pain and you're limited to like 1/3 of the NMs in range because no one is going to uber you across the entire map + the NM will die by then. Being below the NMs by even -4 gives partial exp and no crystals/lockboxes so if you can knock the levels out first in a couple of heat weather cycles it's super awesome and 100% credit for all.

You're a liability at 36, but at 45 with all aethers and can run through half the zone without worry makes things so much better. Was the same way at 21 in Pagos but at least navigating to the 20-25 NMs was easier.

Malakriss

Nexus is light that could be as simple as waiting for a bonus on Tam-tara or sastasha.
Zodiac is the horrible one with desynthesis mats, 80k of company seal items, raw gil and MB purchases, etc.
Zeta is like Nexus but you buy something every 40 light.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I know within a month some jobs will change drastically while others little but I'm looking for another ranged job to try out. Right now I have a 70 rdm I used in Eureka to get my weapons for my Drk and working on mybpld. I like it but damn it's gotten boring to play and I'm tired constantly looking at the mana bars. So I want to try either a summoner or black mage. Anyone here has any experience with either who could give me some feedback?
65 BLM 70 SMN.

BLM is easy as shit. Get to 40. Rotate between fire 3 and blizzard 3. Keep lightning up and hit it on proc. All the abilities up to 60 are just ways to do more of that. I am stuck on the first class quest for SB though. Duty with waves of shit flying at you that ends in a DPS burn that I can't figure out.

SMN is the shit. Lots more buttons if you want to max out your DPS, but you can get through every single MSQ or class quest just by keeping dots up and nuking. And nuking and pet specials when they are up. Plays a lot like an EQ mage/necro. Or WOW hunter. AF3 is sexy as hell.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been playing BLM for the past few weeks for most queues and I really like it. The rotation is simple. Not ARR simple, but still simple. It basically boils down to B3 > B4 > T3 > Foul > F3 > F4x3 > F1 > F4x3, repeat. The only variations are oGCDs and in some cases procs(if you get firestarter on your F1, you obviously do a F3 before going back to ice, it's free damage, T3 procs on the other hand are a lot less interesting a lot of the time). The difficulty as mentionned comes from the fact you have fairly shitty mobility(reliant on cooldowns, notably Triple Cast for prolonged movement and Swiftcast for short movement, but Triple cast is also a DPS boost stationary so you kinda want to burn it on cd so it's not up for random shit all the time). Which means you have to minimize movement or your DPS will sink to garbage tier.

That involves standing in aoes you know you can survive, mana warding aoes you know you can survive with a mana ward(which is a much smaller loss than moving) and slidecasting a bunch when possible. Also you have to maximize Ley Lines, and that's a minigame on its own, since you generally want to use it on cd but also not before anything that would force you to move out of them. If you do move though, they have one of the coolest movement ability, which slides you next to an ally, great for waiting until the last moment for stack/move behind etc mechanics. Can even slide all the way back to Ley Lines if it's up.

Doing all that crap is very rewarding however since their DPS is really high, and for random dungeons, their aoe is much more on demand than SMN AOE I believe, can basically aoe every pack all the time for big big damage. Triple casting Flares is pretty awesome.

Araxen

They did a really good job with making BLM's feel pretty powerful especially in Stormblood. Blowing shit up with Blizzard IV and Fire IV is very satisfying. I hate that they are very dependent on standing still. It never fails that I put down Ley Lines and I have to move for some reason. It can get pretty aggravating, because I know as soon as I move I'm tanking my DPS. With that said, it's still pretty trivial to get #1 DPS in most fights at least in most Duty Finder groups.

Last edited: