Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For those who didn't watch the Live Letter yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The real question is did YoshiP allow the sound guy to maintain his honor by decapitating him before he screamed?

Trick question: The sound would randomly cut out before you could hear him scream

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Goth Bunny Waifu created

zzgothbunny.jpg

• 1Barf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it's me but the FF14 bunny ears just don't do it. Part of what made FF12 Fran work was her long hairstyle and the generic existing Hume hairs with two ears glued on top are not capturing that.

The ending scene to this video captures it (and her ass) well, I just can't see them doing the race right with the engine they have

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
The viera have a ton of super feathered hair options, but the engine is what it is. Can make a good variety of looks with them. The Hrothgar on the other hand, oof.

Cybsled

There are 4 different ear types. You can tweak their length and your hair color/highlights carry over to the ear fur color. There isn't as many hairstyles for them as the other races, but they're much more different and layered.

Unlike FFXII, though, they have to worry about different headgear and clipping (as is, a lot of the longer hairstyles clip with a lot of the armors). Fran's hair is really long. It's fine if she is just a NPC that doesn't change appearance, but that doesn't work as well with player characters.

zzzbunnyears.png

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Hrothgar have hair hard baked onto the faces in the benchmark. That has to be a benchmark only thing though right, because you can literally get new hairstyles from the mogstation and the gold saucer.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
As much I like this game I hate the races especially those damn lalas or whatever you call them. Only ones I like are humans and au'ra to some extent. This is the 1st mmorpg I played that I played a human. Every other one I was some other race than a human.

• 3Rustled
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've always been a Roegadyn, but I changed from male to female, because the male roegadyn stretched all the armour too much. I actually never play female characters in RPGs, this is the only exception. I actually really love my character.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Maybe it's me but the FF14 bunny ears just don't do it. Part of what made FF12 Fran work was her long hairstyle and the generic existing Hume hairs with two ears glued on top are not capturing that.

The ending scene to this video captures it (and her ass) well, I just can't see them doing the race right with the engine they have

As was already said, it is different designing a model having only 1 look vs a model that has multiple sets of armor/weapons/animations etc etc..(And 14's Engine > 12s engine(which was basically built off the FFXI engine)

As much I like this game I hate the races especially those damn lalas or whatever you call them. Only ones I like are humans and au'ra to some extent. This is the 1st mmorpg I played that I played a human. Every other one I was some other race than a human.

Human 4 life , down with the Tarutaru clones....

PS. Phoenix looks awesome, PPS No GNB Shell load animation ??(Weird you can hear the gun loading thru the video.)

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Visual guide about what we know so far of DNC from reddit, looks pretty fun. Maybe a bit too simple so it'll turn kinda boring like RDM, there's procs but they're fairly straightforward, and a secondary gauge. There's a few skills missing and potentially more they haven't shown? I assume there's at least a single target for the Esprit gauge dump.
JEB8DH1.jpg

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I think Mr. Happy said on his stream he's still under an embargo so there's probbaly more to the job we haven't seen. Once the 29th hits it's going to be lifted and tons of information will be out.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it's missing Refresh for one, and obviously the skill that's not shown on this the flourished fan dance, and there's probably a gauge dump single target ability and I assume Chocobo Jig(Peloton), unless they cut all these role skills.

The base combo is slightly interesting though because when I thought about it, it's actually somewhat less boring than RDM. RDM is just Jolt > Verwhatever, if proc, replace Jolt by the proc but always hit the long cast after, and Impact when it's up and you don't get a proc. But in this, while you only have 4 actual buttons, the fact they can proc or not proc independently so you can sometimes get non proc non proc, or proc non proc, or proc proc, or non proc proc. So it varies a bunch, especially if the flourished version don't interupt combo, since they themselves aren't part of combos.

Also the DNC movement skill is so cool. 3 charges of a dash, on a class that doesn't even have cast time, shit's gonna be so easy to dodge stuff with. I kinda hope they'd give it some skill that's like Rescue, so you can dash to a safe spot and pull your dance partner to you without having them to deal with mechanics. Carry them garbo DPS by buffing them and moving them around.

Anyway now I'm sure of what I'm playing, just need to find something to do for a month while I wait zzz.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah. Love the franchise but it's a bit weird and creepy sometimes. Different cultures and all. After the general population has moved on in a few years, most of the players left in the west will be the creeps. Happened to Aion.

Cybsled

Twitch chat was funny during the stream. Whenever they did closeups of yoshi’s lala in the dancer outfit, people would spam stuff like “open up FBI”