Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They did nerf Pagos quite a bit from what I heard. I didn't come into Eureka until about a month/month and a half ago. Granted I grinded in there pretty hard, but I finished first relic in a little under 9 days from basically starting fresh. By the time I was ready to get out of Pagos (level 35, crystals/louhi ice to finish relic step there) I had enough light (you need 31 total light crystals) plus an extra 14 or so towards a 2nd relic for that step.

I get it if people don't like the NM train, although it is super efficient and learning all the routes and what not was fun for me. It just seemed way less grindy than light farms or other steps for the ARR/HW relics.

It doesn't matter how efficient it is to me. I find the core gameplay mechanic to be insufferable so I don't want anything to do with it. I play games to unwind, not to get irritated.

I have about half of my ARR relic done (stopped at books pre-nerf because they too, were insufferable, and I don't feel like going back to finish) and I did get a Lux from HW but I never found it to be that bad outside of the light step, but I didn't mind spamming A1S because at least there's something happening during that fight.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It doesn't matter how efficient it is to me. I find the core gameplay mechanic to be insufferable so I don't want anything to do with it. I play games to unwind, not to get irritated.

I have about half of my ARR relic done (stopped at books pre-nerf because they too, were insufferable, and I don't feel like going back to finish) and I did get a Lux from HW but I never found it to be that bad outside of the light step, but I didn't mind spamming A1S because at least there's something happening during that fight.

Not much happened in A1S, and having to spam just that fight over and over and over seems way worse to me than bunch of different NM's you cycle.

But if you basically have decided it sucks, there isn't really going to be any convincing one way or the other. Just don't do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Not much happened in A1S, and having to spam just that fight over and over and over seems way worse to me than bunch of different NM's you cycle.

In any case, there's more thinking and activity happening in A1S, and the amount of time I had to spend doing it is much less than the amount of time total that needs to be spent in all of Eureka. In fact, I probably spent as much time in Anemos when it was first released...

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist

No it doesn't matter how efficient it is to you because you've never experienced Eureka past level 11 in Anemos LMAO.

Noone's obviously forced you play Eureka yet you've taken it upon yourself to throw shade on content designed to reinvigorate hardcore MMO gameplay from the era of Everquest and FFXI--but why should anyone care about your opinion when you didn't even bother to get past level 11 in Anemos or---now----A1S?!?

"Repetitive Mechanics", fucking lol thanks for summarizing 20 years of MMORPGs. You should try wiping over and over to uwu or O12s even with overgeared ppl carrying if you thought Anemos was mindless and unforgiving. Or hey, maybe you've got a strong opinion on OTHER PEOPLE'S experience with those too.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
No it doesn't matter how efficient it is to you because you've never experienced Eureka past level 11 in Anemos LMAO.

Noone's obviously forced you play Eureka yet you've taken it upon yourself to throw shade on content designed to reinvigorate hardcore MMO gameplay from the era of Everquest and FFXI--but why should anyone care about your opinion when you didn't even bother to get past level 11 in Anemos or---now----A1S?!?

"Repetitive Mechanics", fucking lol thanks for summarizing 20 years of MMORPGs. You should try wiping over and over to uwu or O12s even with overgeared ppl carrying if you thought Anemos was mindless and unforgiving. Or hey, maybe you've got a strong opinion on OTHER PEOPLE'S experience with those too.

Don't really understand why you're so defensive over me thinking Eureka is trash. I've read enough thorough opinions on it to know that it's still shit as you go up. Yeah reflecting sounds kinda neato from a conceptual standpoint but the actual gameplay is "aggro these mobs and wait for them to kill themselves." Riveting.

Eureka is nothing like EQ, I would expect people on this board to understand that. Trains and CC were important parts of EQ, along with environments that actually had something to explore... none of those things exist in Eureka. It's a bastardization of the old days.

You put the phrase "repetitive mechanics" in quotes yet I never actually said that phrase. You're not actually talking to me, you're projecting a different type of person making the argument you want them to make and having an argument with that. You assume I think Anemos is unforgiving but that is also something I have never said in this thread.

Lastly if you don't think someone can form an opinion on something based on other people's thorough accounts of things, then you're just fucking retarded.

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist
Don't really understand why you're so defensive over me thinking Eureka is trash. I've read enough thorough opinions on it to know that it's still shit as you go up. Yeah reflecting sounds kinda neato from a conceptual standpoint but the actual gameplay is "aggro these mobs and wait for them to kill themselves." Riveting.

Eureka is nothing like EQ, I would expect people on this board to understand that. Trains and CC were important parts of EQ, along with environments that actually had something to explore... none of those things exist in Eureka. It's a bastardization of the old days.

Lastly if you don't think someone can form an opinion on something based on other people's thorough accounts of things, then you're just fucking retarded.

ROFL nice try. I don't need to be defensive about your opinion, because it's wrong. Eureka is __OBJECTIVELY__ more entertaining than sitting around larping over shout till your daily roulette pops, or crafting sprocket 32/120 to eventually turn in for a marginal upgrade or bugging group leads over PF if they need another shitty dps for O12s or birb farming.

Furthermore, since you haven't actually experienced Eureka past level 11 "back in release", not only is it wrong, it's not even YOUR fucking opinion. So while, sure, you can assemble some frankenstein bullshit feels third-hand from that lispy taru cosplayer in your FC that hates Eureka with a passion while threatening to cancel zher sub because there are no male Viera, it wouldn't make your opinion any better, it would make it ACTUALLY RETARDED.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Eureka can be a pain in the ass but it wasn't that bad. I was able to get 3 relics done pretty easily. If I had more time I would do more. My biggest gripe with Eureka is players not wanting to invest the time to spawn mobs like PW or assist in spawning him. They are usually hanging around AFK while you do the work. You couldn't use crystals to buy the scales off birdwatcher like previous eureka zones so you had to kill PW.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Eureka can be a pain in the ass but it wasn't that bad. I was able to get 3 relics done pretty easily. If I had more time I would do more. My biggest gripe with Eureka is players not wanting to invest the time to spawn mobs like PW or assist in spawning him. They are usually hanging around AFK while you do the work. You couldn't use crystals to buy the scales off birdwatcher like previous eureka zones so you had to kill PW.

Bear in mind anywhere from 44 to 56 ppl in the zone are waiting to get into BA or already inside.... and if they AREN'T already in BA they wouldn't say anything about a BA run forming to avoid ppl taking one of the slots. Though if it's only 44 ppl they'd be more open.

Used to be that Hydatos instances without a BA group was pretty common, but I haven't seen one of those in a while. Kinda makes farming Ceto a pain. But the 30 crystals from the support NM is a huge plus.

• 1Picard

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
ROFL nice try. I don't need to be defensive about your opinion, because it's wrong. Eureka is __OBJECTIVELY__ more entertaining than sitting around larping over shout till your daily roulette pops, or crafting sprocket 32/120 to eventually turn in for a marginal upgrade or bugging group leads over PF if they need another shitty dps for O12s or birb farming.

Furthermore, since you haven't actually experienced Eureka past level 11 "back in release", not only is it wrong, it's not even YOUR fucking opinion. So while, sure, you can assemble some frankenstein bullshit feels third-hand from that lispy taru cosplayer in your FC that hates Eureka with a passion while threatening to cancel zher sub because there are no male Viera, it wouldn't make your opinion any better, it would make it ACTUALLY RETARDED.

You're a moron but you make me laugh because when you do posts like these it reminds me of one of my favorite TV characters.

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist
You're a moron but you make me laugh because when you do posts like these it reminds me of one of my favorite TV characters.

I'm sure your friends told you the rest of the show was hilarious after you couldn't sit through the first 11 minutes of it.

Fucking retard.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Merrith

In fact, I probably spent as much time in Anemos when it was first released...

Which, probably isn't relevant anymore, but different strokes. A1S was basically zero thinking by the time I did relic in HW I guess, shit was mindless over and over. Dumb miniboss first, etc.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wouldn't be buyable till after 5.0 but maybe not even then. Even as legacy content ppl will be going back to Eureka for the mounts and the emotes anyway. And considering the rarity of the emotes, they'll likely stay expensive long after 5.0 so even ppl who don't care about equipping them would still farm them for the millions of gil they're worth.

I thought BA would've died down by now but I still get discord spam on my phone about owl raids and midday double-farms in addition to several primetime runs.
Unless they nerf Eureka a bunch/make it unsyncable, I don't think anyone's gonna bother farming anything in there. Takes too many people to do efficient NMs and the chances are too shit for the few valuable things. If they nerf it and make it so you can solo or maybe duo sure I could see people going there but honestly this is going to be fairly interesting to see what they do with it because it isn't content that's otherwise going to get done, just like combat Diadem. People still kinda do gathering Diadem for a few reasons but largely because it's soloable(although you need 2ppl to enter).

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Bear in mind anywhere from 44 to 56 ppl in the zone are waiting to get into BA or already inside.... and if they AREN'T already in BA they wouldn't say anything about a BA run forming to avoid ppl taking one of the slots. Though if it's only 44 ppl they'd be more open.

Used to be that Hydatos instances without a BA group was pretty common, but I haven't seen one of those in a while. Kinda makes farming Ceto a pain. But the 30 crystals from the support NM is a huge plus.

I do get his point about PW, though. People would be turned off by what you needed to do to spawn him, and you'd have poor conductors with the entire train on west side when you literally could have had a couple dps spawn all of those by themselves with no further assistance needed while the main group worked on PW or other East stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider

I'm talking the area where you pull the scorpions to spawn PW. You may have 25-30 people gathered around and about half of them are AFK on their mounts while the others are pulling. If everyone in that area contributes shit will go by much easier and faster. Soon as PW spawns fucking AFKers are moving to his pad.

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
Unless they nerf Eureka a bunch/make it unsyncable, I don't think anyone's gonna bother farming anything in there. Takes too many people to do efficient NMs and the chances are too shit for the few valuable things. If they nerf it and make it so you can solo or maybe duo sure I could see people going there but honestly this is going to be fairly interesting to see what they do with it because it isn't content that's otherwise going to get done, just like combat Diadem. People still kinda do gathering Diadem for a few reasons but largely because it's soloable(although you need 2ppl to enter).

Nah bunny chests, heatbox+ farms etc are doable with groups easily and people are doing that now strictly for the emotes and mounts. In fact ppl will stick around locked instances with only 3 people to optimize bunny chest farming since the bunny bosses scale appropriately.

Aside from Ceto and Cassie drops the /shiver emote and the AV pet still sells for ~20m and since theyre entirely cosmetic and relatively rare they'd only go up in price if people DO stop farming them. I can solo farm the Anubyses now in full +2 gear but its inefficient, it's arguably easier to get shiver off the bunny coffer then.

• 1Picard

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm talking the area where you pull the scorpions to spawn PW. You may have 25-30 people gathered around and about half of them are AFK on their mounts while the others are pulling. If everyone in that area contributes shit will go by much easier and faster. Soon as PW spawns fucking AFKers are moving to his pad.

That's Eureka alright....random people doing fuck all around you while people and dying and screaming---and it's still better than staring at your retainer waiting for someone to have a bright idea on FC chat. That's STILL infinitely more interesting that sitting in Kugane larping on shout chat waiting on your next roulette to pop. That sense of random community is what MMOs have lost since on-demand 5-man instancing was created to appeal to casual playstyles.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nah bunny chests, heatbox+ farms etc are doable with groups easily and people are doing that now strictly for the emotes and mounts. In fact ppl will stick around locked instances with only 3 people to optimize bunny chest farming since the bunny bosses scale appropriately.

Aside from Ceto and Cassie drops the /shiver emote and the AV pet still sells for ~20m and since theyre entirely cosmetic and relatively rare they'd only go up in price if people DO stop farming them. I can solo farm the Anubyses now in full +2 gear but its inefficient, it's arguably easier to get shiver off the bunny coffer then.
Potd and HoH have really expensive mounts and people barely bother farming them even though you can do it solo. I guess I shouldn't have said "anyone", but I doubt many people will bother farming dead content over and over for a very small % chance at getting something they can sell for 50millions, especially if they then end up having to share it with the other ppl who farmed.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Potd and HoH have really expensive mounts and people barely bother farming them even though you can do it solo. I guess I shouldn't have said "anyone", but I doubt many people will bother farming dead content over and over for a very small % chance at getting something they can sell for 50millions, especially if they then end up having to share it with the other ppl who farmed.

I just recently went through both hoh and potd (and loathed it) to get a couple DPS classes to 70. I slammed through them for a couple days and while I was about ready to uninstall by the end, there DEFINITELY were tons of people farming some kinda rewards in there. I used my tokens to get a shiny staff for my WHM but there was absolutely no shortage of poopsockers doing that shit 24/7 for some inscrutable reward.

• 1Picard

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just recently went through both hoh and potd (and loathed it) to get a couple DPS classes to 70. I slammed through them for a couple days and while I was about ready to uninstall by the end, there DEFINITELY were tons of people farming some kinda rewards in there. I used my tokens to get a shiny staff for my WHM but there was absolutely no shortage of poopsockers doing that shit 24/7 for some inscrutable reward.
Oh there's a lot of people leveling in potd/hoh obviously, but there's like no one actually doing the higher floors for stuff to sell. I mean, there's some ppl doing it, always some of the mounts for sale, but it's very few people. Even when Black Pegasus was 40-50m, there were rarely more than 1 or 2 up at the same time on the market board, people just couldn't be bothered.

At the end of the day, money has limited uses, and it's just more consistent to grind gathering/crafting rather than test your luck at a 1% or under chance to get a big ticket item. Some people will definitely do it but they will be in the minority, unless they nerf Eureka to make it easier to farm, say if you can solo NMs, then I could see more people there.