Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Level 80 dungeon after second boss is when you know the art team was basically masturbating on the screen.

• 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Are dancer's weak until 70? this is some real struggle shit so far
aggro more than 1 mob and i die fairly quickly lol

I didn't bother playing stormblood after buying it so i'm going thru the expansion now as a dancer, seems pretty whack so far but maybe its jus the early 60s

Merrith

Echoing what others have said, the level 80 MSQ dungeon/after is just top notch. I fucked around in WoW 8.2 for a few days before early access and I just laugh at them trying to have anything compare to that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kinda want to jump back in this and grind through at least the quest content but I activated an account key thingy on an old phone years ago and forgot to disable that shit before I got a new phone. So now every time I try to come back, I realize I have to figure out how to email Sqeenix to get that token key removed from my account, and the mog station help station just sends me in an endless circle where it tells me to contact but then doesn't provide the information.

And I'm just too damn lazy to try harder than that. But I do kinda wanna come back and try the new expansion. Been awhile since I've played an MMO, in fact FF14 was probably the last MMO I played. I can't recall.

I'm afraid of playing WoW Classic because that game was literally my addiction for about 4 years and I can see myself just getting sucked right back into it again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are dancer's weak until 70? this is some real struggle shit so far
aggro more than 1 mob and i die fairly quickly lol

I didn't bother playing stormblood after buying it so i'm going thru the expansion now as a dancer, seems pretty whack so far but maybe its jus the early 60s
70 should make no real difference but I forgot what you get inbetween. I mostly did HoH until 70, did a few bounties and it worked fine though. If you're not a tank or healer, multiple mobs are gonna wreck your shit if you don't pop your cooldowns on every class, unless you have a chocobo healing you then it kinda doesn't matter. Also is that with full shire gear? Can't say I ran into issues tbh, the class doesn't have very high DPS, but it's more than enough for everything easily, and it has insane burst for soloing, just dance before the fight and hit the dance to drop enemies to 50-60% right from the start, then press buttons.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
HoH is so braindead. The best group I got was me (tank) and 3x dancers. They seriously fucked that place up. I think we cleared it in 5 minutes

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
HoH is so braindead. The best group I got was me (tank) and 3x dancers. They seriously fucked that place up. I think we cleared it in 5 minutes
Yeah Ranged phys is pretty dumb in potd/hoh, since everything is instant and they usually have good low cd burst too so mobs explode quickly. Back in SB when I was lvling MCH and BRD in potd I'd sometimes get groups with multiples and it'd be the fastest ones. Add Peloton on top so you can get the retards who don't have sprint to run faster and it goes quick. Boss not so quick but pretty decent anyway.

Needless

Toe Sucker
70 should make no real difference but I forgot what you get inbetween. I mostly did HoH until 70, did a few bounties and it worked fine though. If you're not a tank or healer, multiple mobs are gonna wreck your shit if you don't pop your cooldowns on every class, unless you have a chocobo healing you then it kinda doesn't matter. Also is that with full shire gear? Can't say I ran into issues tbh, the class doesn't have very high DPS, but it's more than enough for everything easily, and it has insane burst for soloing, just dance before the fight and hit the dance to drop enemies to 50-60% right from the start, then press buttons.

Makes sense, im just not used to FF14 anymore, i stopped at the end of heavensward and my ninja at the time just shit on everything before i took any damage lol

I have friday off so im probably gonna burn through stormblood and catch up this weekend

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As a brand new level 80 miner, I was facing some issues last night.

First, I'm still in level 70 blue gear (ilevel 350 I think) you get from yellow scrip which has better stats than anything crafted right now.

I did the Zoe and M'Naago custome deliveries and received around 480 white scrips, so I bought the Tunic, Pants and shoes. Then I did the ONLY collectable I could do, a level 78 rare node in Lakeland that rewards 23-29 White scrips until I was able to purchase the hat.

Now that I have the hat, I can do the level 80 regular node collectable that rewards 10 scrips or so but it's pushing my rotation. I think getting the gloves will bring to a place that will that much easier.

The lack of crafted gear at 80 right now is making some stuff a bit hard. The crafted gear is also insanely price right now at 2M a piece.

I also wonder why the white scrip gear is limited to left side pieces only(no belt), no offhand and no accessories. Yellow scrip gear had pieces for every slot.

The other issue although time will fix that, is that level 80 materials don't sell...AT ALL. No crafters there yet, or they are also gathering for themselves. Like the history for all 80 mats show like 1 or 2 sale only.

So I'm back to farming level 70 and 75 nodes for materials to sell, and the price on those are collapsing in a big way, from half to a quarter in the last 24 hours.

Also, since I'm still just 73 as an adventurer and at Titania, I'm locked out from a lot of zones still. So it limits my gathering options.

Still I regret nothing...I am probably still going to concentrate on gathering and making back some money from buying the medium house. I went from 100K after buying the house to 1.5M this morning. So I can still make some money, going to take advantage of it still while I can. My botanist is level 77 now, so that going pretty well too. Bright Flax while not worth that much anymore at 1K to 1.5k max still moves extremely well.

The miner and botanist retainers are 73 each, can bring a nice selection of stuff, not sure when I'll ever be able to buy them new gear though since prices are high. My 2 Red Mages are also 73, now limited by my adventurer level. I guess I should at least get another level on the Red Mage. :)

Cybsled

I also wonder why the white scrip gear is limited to left side pieces only(no belt), no offhand and no accessories. Yellow scrip gear had pieces for every slot.

That stuff only came later for yellow gear over the life of the expansion, usually during the major content update patches. If white scrip follows the same pattern, then we'll see the offhand stuff next, followed by the accessories/belt, then some type of augment feature.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That stuff only came later for yellow gear over the life of the expansion, usually during the major content update patches. If white scrip follows the same pattern, then we'll see the offhand stuff next, followed by the accessories/belt, then some type of augment feature.

Ah ok, thanks. I never was at max level with current content, so i thought it was all available on day 1. Something to look forward to I guess. :)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah ok, thanks. I never was at max level with current content, so i thought it was all available on day 1. Something to look forward to I guess. :)
Same with the master VII books; they will likely go in either with Eden normal on the 16th, or with Eden Savage on the 30th.

Merrith

As a brand new level 80 miner, I was facing some issues last night.

First, I'm still in level 70 blue gear (ilevel 350 I think) you get from yellow scrip which has better stats than anything crafted right now.

I did the Zoe and M'Naago custome deliveries and received around 480 white scrips, so I bought the Tunic, Pants and shoes. Then I did the ONLY collectable I could do, a level 78 rare node in Lakeland that rewards 23-29 White scrips until I was able to purchase the hat.

Now that I have the hat, I can do the level 80 regular node collectable that rewards 10 scrips or so but it's pushing my rotation. I think getting the gloves will bring to a place that will that much easier.

The lack of crafted gear at 80 right now is making some stuff a bit hard. The crafted gear is also insanely price right now at 2M a piece.

The other issue although time will fix that, is that level 80 materials don't sell...AT ALL. No crafters there yet, or they are also gathering for themselves. Like the history for all 80 mats show like 1 or 2 sale only.

So I'm back to farming level 70 and 75 nodes for materials to sell, and the price on those are collapsing in a big way, from half to a quarter in the last 24 hours.

Also, since I'm still just 73 as an adventurer and at Titania, I'm locked out from a lot of zones still. So it limits my gathering options.

Still I regret nothing...I am probably still going to concentrate on gathering and making back some money from buying the medium house. I went from 100K after buying the house to 1.5M this morning. So I can still make some money, going to take advantage of it still while I can. My botanist is level 77 now, so that going pretty well too. Bright Flax while not worth that much anymore at 1K to 1.5k max still moves extremely well.

The miner and botanist retainers are 73 each, can bring a nice selection of stuff, not sure when I'll ever be able to buy them new gear though since prices are high. My 2 Red Mages are also 73, now limited by my adventurer level. I guess I should at least get another level on the Red Mage. :)

As for the no belt/accessories/etc, that is the exact same as the initial yellow scrip (then the highest scrip) set from Stormblood. Also the blue gear from level 70 yellow scrip isn't better than crafted gear at this point, especially not the 79/80 crafted set (although you may have meant there isn't any up on the MB save for some at really high prices).

80 mats probably aren't going to sell as much because leves are SO easy (not that they weren't massive last expac too, but even more so) no one needs the 80 mats to get to 80 on their crafters. I imagine many are like me in that I level all the crafters and gatherers together and get my own mats through gathering/retainer ventures. Once white scrip grinding for materia 8's start, those mats should sell a little more. I can't imagine 6's or 7's will sell all that high, yellow scrips rain down from the sky so far...can't get rid of them fast enough what with custom deliveries, crystal deliveries, collectables, etc. Combats will be even dumber, in a day and a half of hunts I'm already up to about 40 of each new cluster for the combat 7 and 8 materia.

Cybsled

I'm sure when maps get released, the rare crafting mats from there will be worth a metric fuckton like prior maps.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
WHM dps is stupid good right now. Single target turret mode I am hitting 7200-7400 with titania cane and mostly AF armor no melds.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe it’s been too long but leveling just feels so slow? Like I’m still lvl 70 after hours. I do listen to all the story quest scenes tho. Should I be doing the side quests as well? I can’t remember anymore what’s fastest it’s been too long.

Btw dpsing as a scholar feels like total ass now

Daidraco

I'm sure when maps get released, the rare crafting mats from there will be worth a metric fuckton like prior maps.

I must not be paying attention and/or just being a noob. But what maps? I havent had enough time to play to get to that point.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn you guys hyping the expansion like the next coming of sliced bread. If only there wasn't like a billion hours of MSQ to catch up with first. :(

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users