Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The 80 dungeon was amazing. It was full on apocalypse...skyscrapers crashing down, fucking orbital bombardments, etc. It felt like a raid in terms of presentation, but it was just a dungeon. I loved the lore about the Ascians. It seems clear that the WoL is one of the splintered souls of one...there is the shade ascian in the city who tells you as much and Emet mentions it a few times, but seems firm in his conviction that you're still an incomplete husk. My guess is they are one of the Ascians who helped create Hydalean. It wouldn't surprise me if you eventually merge with the other WoL, or the very least that gets put on the table. Basically an Infinity Gauntlet situation...you merge with all the soul fragments, become whole and gain the power of creation, then probably use it to fix something and relinquish your power (because it would be OP as fuck if you could just create whatever from thought lol).

Zenos being back is...interesting. Seems like the Empire will be in chaos with him doing whatever and the Emperor dead.

Xpac just on story alone was a 10/10. Awesome presentation, excellent voice acting, just really great all around. I didn't think they could beat HW, but they did. And we still have more story to go

Hopefully they maintain the quality standard for the rest of the story in this expansion. They really started phoning it in with Stormblood after Tsukiyomi.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Which would be the least pain in the nutsack class, as far as speed of travel and soloing and instace running, to start with in order to unlock all classes?

White Mage.

Might be better in a few weeks but i switched from paladin to white mage after getting my PLD to 73 because the queue was shit as tank and WHM are just tearing ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Healers are great for queue times right now but I dunno how they are at soloing before they get Glare.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll echo the tank queue thing. I bought a msq skip and was at 66? Warrior At the time. I planned to just dungeon grind but the queues were 20+ minutes so I ended up doing HoH. More often than not my group was 3 tanks and 1 dps. Usually all GNB too. I assume In a week it'll die down

I'll also echo none of them use tank stance or know they're tanks. I think FFXIV is the first game I've played where there's some really great players but w vast majority are way at the bottom end. Assume it's mostly house wives and trannies more interested in what their character looks like.

Finally started msq tonight. Feelsgoodman

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FF14 lets people start the tank class at 60 rather than try leveling all the way from 1. That makes it much more attractive to the people who suck at it and have no business playing

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Amazing story(For what's released so far), hit 80 Monday night, Shell been working on Titania now hahaha, Que times are gone on aegis though finally.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Which would be the least pain in the nutsack class, as far as speed of travel and soloing and instace running, to start with in order to unlock all classes?

PLD or white mage. PLD will open world a bit faster but with gunbreaker as the new tank you're getting five to fifteen minute dungeon queues. Healers are instant queues and everything in this game can solo at a decent pace.

Have to say the leveling pace is pretty nutty while not feeling useless like WoW one to cap does. I hadn't played prior to this expansion but with the road to seventy buff, armory buff, and earing from pre order I have my main job at 60 right now and a secondary job at 45 with like three or four hours on the secondary.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Faster than PLD or SAM that's for sure. I had full +2 and Physeos weapons on PLD, WHM and SAM and WHM levelled the smoothest by a loooong mile.

WHM never had trouble with dps as solo tbh. Physeos weapons help obviously... didn't replace my whm weapon till 78 and even when I did the loss of 300+ crit was noticeable.

In fact, if all these GNB stay as GNB, my SAM might actually level faster since I'd just spam trusts as one.

• 1Picard

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm now current with the story. Additional content patches aside, this is shaping up to be my favorite expansion by far. Great English voice acting, phenomenal music, great boss fights, great zones, great characters and story so far. I don't see myself grinding gear this time, but I'll be leveling a healer to 80 and messing around for a while. Definitely got my money's worth.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'll echo the general sentiment, this is the best FF14 expansion, even beating Heavensward by a fair margin. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the best FF since... probably even before X. It's maybe not as strong as a standalone since it relies on previous stuff(most of the characters and so on), but it does so many things right. It feels like an actual adventure, HW did that well too when you start running around with Alphinaud, Estinien and spoiler lady and even he usual filler quests in new zones/quest hubs felt actually interesting(for the most part a few were kinda meh imo but a few were also really neat).

A great story with great characters and a great villain, art direction was just as expected phenomenal, with music tracks being super varied and the various zones being unique and fresh, I like the "callback" to La Noscea/Thanalan/Gridania but different and the last zone is crazy, reminded me of first stepping in Azys La where it goes a really different way than you'd expect. The last dungeon and trial were also amazing.

Honestly I think it can only go downhill from here but hopefully they won't go downhill too fast.

Malkav

French Madman
I loved how, in the last trial
Being a team of 8 is canon, and the other 7 are basically other Shards WoL being summoned by G'raha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I dont see how it could go downhill when the post-shb msq is gonna have us roll with the estinien+spoilerboy buddy cop team.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wrapped up the MSQ. Spoilers about story/etc.

The 80 dungeon was amazing. It was full on apocalypse...skyscrapers crashing down, fucking orbital bombardments, etc. It felt like a raid in terms of presentation, but it was just a dungeon. I loved the lore about the Ascians. It seems clear that the WoL is one of the splintered souls of one...there is the shade ascian in the city who tells you as much and Emet mentions it a few times, but seems firm in his conviction that you're still an incomplete husk. My guess is they are one of the Ascians who helped create Hydalean. It wouldn't surprise me if you eventually merge with the other WoL, or the very least that gets put on the table. Basically an Infinity Gauntlet situation...you merge with all the soul fragments, become whole and gain the power of creation, then probably use it to fix something and relinquish your power (because it would be OP as fuck if you could just create whatever from thought lol).

Zenos being back is...interesting. Seems like the Empire will be in chaos with him doing whatever and the Emperor dead.

Xpac just on story alone was a 10/10. Awesome presentation, excellent voice acting, just really great all around. I didn't think they could beat HW, but they did. And we still have more story to go
I can't tell if your spoiler is because you think it's funny or if it's because you don't get it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How long did you guys find it took you to hit 80? Just curious. Trying to pump out a good bit this weekend and hopefully level GNB too

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How long did you guys find it took you to hit 80? Just curious. Trying to pump out a good bit this weekend and hopefully level GNB too

Took me about a week playing a 3-4 hours a day with a few extra hours on the weekend to level scholar to 72 and a half and level dancer from 60 to 80. So maybe 50 hours of playtime. I also skipped the majority of the world quest text unless I happened to be interested at the moment, but I watched all the story cutscenes and a few of the non-story cutscenes. You can probably do it quicker as I was taking my time. Just be sure to hit up the bonus exp fates if there's one nearby, do your daily leveling and alliance raid roulette, and try to quest batch properly. When you pick up 12 quests at once in an area you can only track 5 at a time, so be sure to check the map for the ones you aren't tracking and do everything that's in the same vicinity at once. Unless you like completing a quest only to find out you need to travel halfway across the zone by that other quest you just finished. You probably know all that, but I thought I'd mention it.

I started dancer in the expansion areas at level 70 with the majority of the starting area quests already completed on my scholar. Had no problems getting to 80 through just world quests, running the dungeons once each, doing alliance and leveling roulette every day and grabbing any nearby fates. Not only did I hit 80 with no problem, I left the majority of the quests in the final area and an entire outpost full of quests in another area undone, and I had plenty of story quests as well.

Cybsled

It's painful to sit through, but MSQ roulette gives shitloads of XP. If you're trying to rush leveling, it's hard to beat 1/3rd of your level for a 30-50 minute investment

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's painful to sit through, but MSQ roulette gives shitloads of XP. If you're trying to rush leveling, it's hard to beat 1/3rd of your level for a 30-50 minute investment

The poetics are great too for putting together a ilvl400 set for another class!

Cybsled

Ya. If you have first timers on the run with you, you get over 500 poetics for completing it. I've been gearing up my dancer/gunbreaker in augmented shire gear doing that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Will doing msq + dungeons when it runs out not work. After 15 or so years of wow I really hate questing
There's some quests you have to do(aether currents and the role quests), but other than that there's no need for any of the other quests, they're not really great xp either. Can spam dungeons or roulettes or FATEs or whatever you like once you need more xp for the MSQ. I think I've done like 3 sidequests so far. If you want to do them later you can too, since in ShB all sidequests use level sync, so you can do them on any alt of any level if you change your mind. Can even do them on your 80 then turn them in on a 70 for example.