Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Is POTD the way to level a lower level? i kinda wanna level BLM up but i'm pretty sure my Thaumaturge is only 26 or so lol

not convinced i'll enjoy dancer enough to stick to it, i wanna blow shit up
From my short experience with the game so far, I think that is the case. I can be wrong of course, but that's what I am doing with some of my lower level classes.

The one thing I really love about POTD is that you can go join all the class guilds, and then play each one one time in POTD to get an idea of how that class plays before spending any real time leveling them up. In one run of the first 10 floors of POTD, you can get a good idea of what to expect from that class in my opinion. For instance, I tried leveling the Guardian and Archer classes the hard way at first, and I got bored of both of them fast. Then I jumped in to a couple POTDs as each of them. That got me to using some of their abilities you get later on (because you level so fast in POTD (while your in it)), and I was like man these are fun classes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1-60 sadly POTD leveling is the fastest (especially with alt armory bonus), but don't neglect your hunting logs. 60-70 introduced exp bonus fates + forlorn maiden bonuses, easier beast tribes for dailies (Kojin and Ananta), plus you get HoH 61-70 which is a less trapped version of POTD and includes more "I win this floor" pickups.

70+ do your MSQ roulette for sure. Praetorium is long but I got 16.5m for it at 77, Castrum is faster but they scale the exp bonus down.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yep did those last night when I hit level 10. Guildleves, leves, also did a small party duty, and the housing tutorial but that lost me and I don't really care much about that yet.

Hit level 11 with ease really. Everything flows really well on a controller but I am going to nab a wireless keyboard and mouse to use for chatting and adjusting UI elements as recommended.
There are so many feature unlocks in the game, and you find them all over the place as you level up. I didn't do many of the leves aside from just doing the first one to open up leves at each location, and then when I got in my GC (I'm associated with Ul'Dah Inner Flames I think it is called), since I had not used very many of my leve allotment and it had grown as I was leveling doing other stuff like the MSQ, I had like 99 allotments waiting for me. Going and doing those GC leves to get seals is good experience. I started doing a lot of those in the 30s. Also, the gathering leves you can do give really nice experience for mining and botany (never tried the fishing ones, but I assume the same is true), so I used those to get through some of the 20s/30s on my mining/botany.

Just so much to unlock and do in the game. My interest on what to focus on literally changes every day because there's so much to do lol.

I'm currently:
43 Ninja / 31 Monk / 17 Gladiator / 14 Archer / 13 Thaumaturge / 8 Conjurer
37 Miner / 31 Botanist / 21 Fisher
36 Goldsmith / 31 Blacksmith / 28 Carpenter / 21 Armorer / 25 Leatherworker / 23 Weaver / 23 Alchemist / 21 Culinarian

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's some crazy mofos who insist on crafting every single item in the game, catching every possible fish, max chocobo for racing, etc.

But there is a lot for normies.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
My friend is a normie in that regard except for Triple Triad. Has to collect every card and beat every NPC

everyone has their addiction.

Me, I like ERP Catgirls in Limsa

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Trying to get triple triad cards can be so frustrating. 2 years and the stupid flame captain won’t give me all his cards for wins yet

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Cleared Titania after a couple more hours into shit groups until a decent one. Fight's really not complicated I don't get why ppl die so much, it's not like Suzaku where you had to check the notes and figure out the pattern while still doing other shit, it's literally all just scripted shit or binary choices.

Played SCH since easier to find groups. I'm not disliking the new SCH too much, the DPS rotation is boring as fuck and when you're in the "there's nothing happening for the next 15secs" phases, it gets real bad, but when it gets all fucking hectic, it's easier to just press 1 I guess. Meanwhile the healing tools are fucking crazy, I feel like I can never run out of them even when I'm using them poorly. Hell I have yet to use Dissipation still even though it's actually pretty good now.

Some shitter in my FC was telling me how "SCH has mp issues" and when I said I didn't at 77(was a few days ago), he said "na it's just in endgame content". I don't think I've dipped under 80% other than the one time I died. There's so many free fucking heals, how would you even run out of mana. I was in a party with a WHM who was full DPS mode, fucker didn't even bother casting regen on the tank or Medica II at like almost any point in the fight, and I still barely had to hard cast heals(most of them during downtime, other than Recitation Adlo during add phase on one of the tanks). I mean not complaining, he did over 6k DPS, which btw is absurd, so that helped with our kill nicely.

So far for Titania

People not knowing South or North or East from West for Puddles/Thrones.
People not knowing how to navigate the Ice circles.
People falling off due to pucks breath
People not knowing how to fucking count to 3 before taking the tether from the Gunbreaker.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
People do ice circles the most retarded way possible. "Hurr durr, the firsr ice circle appeared in the middle so I better run through it!" No, shit-for-brains, run around the outside and then into the middle only after it's safe so you don't get clipped.

As far as the lighting tether swap goes, I find the easiest way to do it is just have the offtank take 3 hits (using immunity for the second two) and then having the main tank take three hits (also using immunity for the second two). If you have a WAR, you might need a DPS/healer to take 1 hit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People do ice circles the most retarded way possible. "Hurr durr, the firsr ice circle appeared in the middle so I better run through it!" No, shit-for-brains, run around the outside and then into the middle only after it's safe so you don't get clipped.

As far as the lighting tether swap goes, I find the easiest way to do it is just have the offtank take 3 hits (using immunity for the second two) and then having the main tank take three hits (also using immunity for the second two). If you have a WAR, you might need a DPS/healer to take 1 hit.
If you do it with the MT you kinda have to mitigate the tank buster properly while otherwise you can solo tank them with a DRK or WAR(I think).

I've seen a few things but the "safest" imo is to just have people take 1 shot each, so there's no counting shenanigans. 2nd best is to have 3DPS take it 1 at a time, and then OT takes it and invuln all 3 at the end, reduces movement a bunch, but you still need 3 people to take it properly.

That said lightning goes pretty well generally in my experience, maybe one guy dies cause retard, but that's ok. Most wipes have been on add phase. People who don't go to their spots or somehow can't look at the plant, then use the 3seconds to take 2steps one side or the other. And then even if you manage to do that, somehow people get panicky as fuck and mess up the stack + 2 pink aoes all the time, like people are on the edges still instead of getting ready to stack, or the pink retard stays in the middle so you can't stack easily. And then obviously with failures at various stages, you run into the DPS check insta kill.

Since it seems so uncommon to pass the adds, people then instantly die to the mechanic after which is REALLY easy too but since they panick/haven't seen it, they fuck it up. They go to their mist rune spot and then get feared off the platform, or they don't stack for fire, or god forbid they have to adjust their stacking position to the pool that's right in front of them to avoid the roots.

Personally the biggest issue I have is trying to see the plants during the pushback when the fucking adds are blocking my camera. It looks cool but it's annoying as shit how big they are. But I'd rate the fight pretty low on difficulty. I mean it's an EX fight and all. It is however "hard" in the sense that a lot of your deaths will happen during a time where deaths are hard to recover and you get punished for them with the DPS check. Meanwhile, while a fight like Suzaku I thought was harder, if people fuck up the colors, you can rez them and keep going and it has little impact other than dying right before meteors(and even then it can be covered at the cost of someone else's life or a tank cooldown).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Since I have a pretty regular schedule going, I'm forming a static (Aether DC). We're raiding Thurs/Fri from 6:30pm - 9:30pm PDT. We're hoping to have all of Eden's first tier cleared by the 7th week mark, so it's going to be at a bit more of a casual pace yet we aren't interested in taking forever to clear the content. We need all roles except tanks. PM/reply if you're interested.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since I have a pretty regular schedule going, I'm forming a static (Aether DC). We're raiding Thurs/Fri from 6:30pm - 9:30pm PDT. We're hoping to have all of Eden's first tier cleared by the 7th week mark, so it's going to be at a bit more of a casual pace yet we aren't interested in taking forever to clear the content. We need all roles except tanks. PM/reply if you're interested.
I expect carried on the 30th and 31st of July, because I have work off those two days just for this (Savage prog.), so I expect you to bring your ERP S-rank game at seducing loot from bosses!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Kick one of your tanks and me and my friend will join.

Gunbreaker/dancer

Edit: NM! Didn't see it was PDT