Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
God, Preparatory Touch is absolutely hilarious.

GG 1 Button HQ from NQ mats using barely any reasonable gear.

I have a lot going on so waaaaay slower to all the conclusions that other people have, but jesus. Exploit this to max and then cry when they nerf the shit out of it and everyone has to redo their macros.

Because if they don't.... no idea how they progress the crafting/gathering classes. You don't even need HQ mats at this point.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
God, Preparatory Touch is absolutely hilarious.

GG 1 Button HQ from NQ mats using barely any reasonable gear.

I have a lot going on so waaaaay slower to all the conclusions that other people have, but jesus. Exploit this to max and then cry when they nerf the shit out of it and everyone has to redo their macros.

Because if they don't.... no idea how they progress the crafting/gathering classes. You don't even need HQ mats at this point.
Yes, I discovered Preparatory Touch today and immediate 'dafuq?'d it to success. I could see it getting a nerf to 30 durability loss, myself, or down to 150% efficiency. Hell, they could even put in that clause that Rapid Synthesis III has about "must be above this threshold OR ELSE".

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They did a full 2 years of Prudent Touch, and it was equally broken compared to everything before, especially with Manip II. Preparatory is honestly not really much better, it does make a lot better macros however since it's essentially 2 lines in one, so you can make neat 1 click macros instead of the usual. Still for expensive shit you'll probably still want 2 macros, so you can adjust for bad RNG on Poor condition byregot, but I guess in some cases I had 3 steps macros before and can probably use a 2step macros only now, so still saves that.

I like I have access to way more cross class slots now though with elements, steady II and byregot not there, lets me fill up with a bunch of random shit like Reclaim and put back Hasty Touch I in case I want to try to manually fix some shit.

Between this and starting at like 75% HQ if you prep the materials, crafting's easier than usual but honestly it hasn't been hard in a long fucking time as long as you meld your gear to the nice tresholds(and it gets even easier if you meld higher, but you rarely need to other than capping CP which is almost always worth it).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They have diffenetly learned there lesson after the XI fiasco... a 18hour raid ? fucking serious(and the LS didn't even pop the final stage.) I think they have found a good middle ground with everything, and more Ultimate's please, I want more 1 shot or your fucked moments.
Ok so I raided in ffxi and this is true, but worse

Vrtra took us 18 hours. After people figured him out they did him in a few hours. Just imagine that, taking a few hours to kill one farm boss. Same thing with tiamat and jormungand but they took ~hour

Then there was absolute virtue. Fuck. Square. Right. In. The. Ass. They claimed this guy was killable with 18 people. A real kill wouldn't happen FOR YEARS. There were some cheat kills along the way, but a legitimate kill took years. That's stupid.

Of course the famous one is pandemonium warden or whatever his name was where the intended length was 18 hours and people were passing out fighting him.

I don't think people appreciate how hard ffxi was

And to be clear I'm not talking 18 hours of attempts. I'm talking ONE ATTEMPT

Needless

Toe Sucker
That makes sense, I was hoping they had a macro system like WoW but I guess not lol

I just need to add more non numeric hotkeys like yours for this game I think

Needless

Toe Sucker
On a side note the entire feel and atmosphere of SB seems waaaaaaaay better than anything previous to it

Really like how SB has been so far

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Carried friends friends through Titania last night and I'm so sick of the fight. I have a dancer rdm paladin scholar weapons and 10 totems to turn into something probably warrior.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cleared Titania after a couple more hours into shit groups until a decent one. Fight's really not complicated I don't get why ppl die so much, it's not like Suzaku where you had to check the notes and figure out the pattern while still doing other shit, it's literally all just scripted shit or binary choices.

Played SCH since easier to find groups. I'm not disliking the new SCH too much, the DPS rotation is boring as fuck and when you're in the "there's nothing happening for the next 15secs" phases, it gets real bad, but when it gets all fucking hectic, it's easier to just press 1 I guess. Meanwhile the healing tools are fucking crazy, I feel like I can never run out of them even when I'm using them poorly. Hell I have yet to use Dissipation still even though it's actually pretty good now.

Some shitter in my FC was telling me how "SCH has mp issues" and when I said I didn't at 77(was a few days ago), he said "na it's just in endgame content". I don't think I've dipped under 80% other than the one time I died. There's so many free fucking heals, how would you even run out of mana. I was in a party with a WHM who was full DPS mode, fucker didn't even bother casting regen on the tank or Medica II at like almost any point in the fight, and I still barely had to hard cast heals(most of them during downtime, other than Recitation Adlo during add phase on one of the tanks). I mean not complaining, he did over 6k DPS, which btw is absurd, so that helped with our kill nicely.
I have MP issues on my SCH all the time. If you aren't running out of MP you aren't pressing enough buttons. Just casting Broil will get you below 80 percent. The whole truck to healing in this game is Mana management. There isn't much else to it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I finally went and unlocked the Treasure Map feature in the game last night. The only thing I don't understand is where I get the maps.

Do they drop off of mobs randomly, come from quests, or what?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I hit level 45 last night on my Ninja and did a couple more dungeons for the first time: The Sunken Temple of Qarn and The Stone Vigil. Both of these dungeons were great.

I didn't know the strats for either of these dungeons bosses, and it was a blast figuring it out on the fly.

It really amazes me how the GROUP-based dungeons in FFXIV are more exciting than alot of MMORPG's RAID-based dungeons. That whole cut scene right before the final boss fight in The Stone Vigil was bad ass. They do a great job of making me hate the bad guys in the story. I want to kick that guys ass so bad lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally went and unlocked the Treasure Map feature in the game last night. The only thing I don't understand is where I get the maps.

Do they drop off of mobs randomly, come from quests, or what?

Treasure Maps are found when gathering on 40+ nodes I believe. You can get 1 a day, and can only hold 1 of each type.

Cybsled

As he mentioned, treasure maps are primarily obtained via gathering. In HW+, if I am not mistaken the map gathering is limited to the 60/70/80 levels for gatherers (post-ARR, they only have 2 harvestable maps per expansion, a "solo" one and the "group" one, but they are both max level for the expansion).

If you look under timers, you can see how long it will be before you can harvest another map. Maps are unique, but that only counts if they are in your main inventory. You can store them on retainers or in your chocobo saddlebag and have more than 1 available (mostly useful once people start doing map runs again for the treasure dungeons).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hit level 15 last night and instead of heading to the airship the airship I did my Thaumaturge quests up through 15 and then high tailed it to the Inn. I am guessing a dungeon comes up soon. Next up - Airship to somewhere else :)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, I discovered Preparatory Touch today and immediate 'dafuq?'d it to success. I could see it getting a nerf to 30 durability loss, myself, or down to 150% efficiency. Hell, they could even put in that clause that Rapid Synthesis III has about "must be above this threshold OR ELSE".

/ac "Inner Quiet" <wait.2>
/ac "Manipulation II" <wait.2>
/ac "Ingenuity" <wait.2>
/ac "Delicate Synthesis" <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.2>
/ac "Ingenuity II" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Reuse" <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis III" <wait.3>

If you have halfway decent stats, this will clobber any 80 durability craft currently with all NQ mats. I thought it was going to be a concern that you could get to 75% HQ with mats, but Delicate Synth and Prep Touch just destroy everything. I should note, you need enough CP/craft for the Reuse to be reliably put in there and the Careful 3 to finish the craft. At worst you'd hit another Careful 3/2 to finish it. The Original Macro just has two Careful Synths at the end without Reuse in, but I put it in there to save mats whenever I could.

40 Durability one

/ac "Inner Quiet" <wait.2>
/ac "Manipulation II" <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.2>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis III" <wait.3>
/ac "Reuse" <wait.2>
/ac "Careful Synthesis II" <wait.3>

Again, you might not have CP for Reuse if your gear is lacking, I threw it in there b/c I can.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have MP issues on my SCH all the time. If you aren't running out of MP you aren't pressing enough buttons. Just casting Broil will get you below 80 percent. The whole truck to healing in this game is Mana management. There isn't much else to it.

No it doesn't, it's not even close. Like yeah you can get under 80% for a few seconds depending on how you time your lucid and aetherflow early in the pull(and you kinda want to put aetherflow on cd right away), but once they cool down and you're at ~75% and pop them, you'll go back to full. So right, I did dip under 80% early on in the fight I assume, probably during the first mist rune and didn't notice cause nothing's going on anyway but once you get going, it's mp neutral(actually you gain mp, lucid caps me at 10k with like 8seconds left). Maybe I have too much piety on my gear, the book has a shit ton and there's a few pieces with some, but you can literally sit there and spam broil(and the dot but same potency/GCD anyway) forever and never run out of mp. The only way you run out is using rez a lot or healing. And obviously you'll heal SOME, but unless you're using Succor a lot or spamming Adlo on the tank, you're not gonna dip much.