Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
My cousin and I picked this up and are having a blast playing through it. I think I'm going to main a healer but I'm not sure if I want to go scholar or white mage . I'm leaning towards scholar but I'm not certain. Is there any preference at max level?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Different strokes for different folks, but it also depends on what your group needs at max level. SCH vs WHM has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread a few times. The good news is that most gear is the same for both.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
ca7d7d74c94b623db3991220110aa80df21ff1fc.png

Patch 2.55 Notes are up!
Patch 2.55 brings the main scenario of A Realm Reborn to a close in a dramatic finale, and asks adventurers to stand in defense of Ishgard along the Steps of Faith! Venturing into the Final Coil of Bahamut and the World of Darkness has never been easier, with their weekly limits abolished! And if you fancy yourself a gambler, check out the changes to Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing! All this, and more awaits players in Before the Fall ? Part II!
Patch 2.55 Notes | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Summary/Highlights:

• New Main Story Quests
  • New 8m Trial "The Steps of Faith" has been added.
  • New Delivery Moogle Quests
  • Golden Saucer Adjustments
  • Second Coil Echo Boost to 20%
  • Final Coil adjustments
  • Encrypted Tomestone added to WoD "The Gift of the Archmagus" Weekly
  • Weekly item limit removed from WoD

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed the end of the main story. Won't spoil. But watch the cutscenes! (Hourish worth of them??)

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So I've been removed from XIV for a couple of months. Played last right after Snowcloak and Shiva came out. After I did Snowcloak and a couple HM dungeons, high-level roulette was unlocked. Now that I am back, I can't do the high-level roulette anymore, and can't find any info on which dungeons I need to do to unlock it. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Also curious as to what I ought to be doing with my time in game to prepare for Heavensward. Right now I just have BLM at 50 and Archer is almost 34 for the cross-class skill. Think I want to check out the Dark Knight when it comes out. Should I go on and level up paladin and warrior? Should I bother taking BLM relic past Zenith?

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've been removed from XIV for a couple of months. Played last right after Snowcloak and Shiva came out. After I did Snowcloak and a couple HM dungeons, high-level roulette was unlocked. Now that I am back, I can't do the high-level roulette anymore, and can't find any info on which dungeons I need to do to unlock it. Any help would be appreciated.
Everything you need should be in this Reddit thread,Where to unlock content in 2.5?

Edit: Also curious as to what I ought to be doing with my time in game to prepare for Heavensward. Right now I just have BLM at 50 and Archer is almost 34 for the cross-class skill. Think I want to check out the Dark Knight when it comes out. Should I go on and level up paladin and warrior? Should I bother taking BLM relic past Zenith?
Honestly, do whatever you get enjoyment out of. With Heavensward only three months out, there is really very little specific information about the expansion available. Unlike WoW, where there is a very public beta along with extensive data mining prior to an expansion's release, FFXIV doesn't have that. That makes creating a priority list almost impossible. As far as your relic, it's fairly unknown how they're going to approach it in the expansion. What we do know is that the "new relic" quest will be released in the first content update following the release of the expansion in 3.1. The details of how the current relic fits into that and whether it builds on it, however, is completely unknown.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit guys. The 2.55 finale. Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit.

Stop reading this and go do it RIGHT NOW.

...and get some popcorn. You're gonna need it.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I heard rumors... I've been doing the story line today since I had not run it since 2.1 LOL. I can't believe how much they put in. I'm in the original 2.5 stuff now which is much better then the 2.2-2.4 stuff. (what was boring as shit other then the instances)

Also FU midgarsomar, cute little pet though.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Just did the Chrysalis, everyone was a newb as it seems like the DF has been changed now to match new people together more often.

Once wiped once and figured out that going inside the center extended all debuffs and buffs I put on the WHM mana regen buff, healing buff and spell speed buff was like god mode for that phase, so much fun. Ended up getting all the comms too since the other healer was on the ground most of the fight.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Man that story though! They really went all out. If you don't play this game, you are missing out on a gem!

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
We're almost 20 for the first time. You guys getting this excited about a MMO story is pretty cool.

Vinen

God is dead
God dammit. You are all making me want to touch this game again. Haven't played it since Jan of last year :<
Probably going to re-activate when I get home as I need a nice long break from League of Legends.

What shithole server is everyone on?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
God dammit. You are all making me want to touch this game again. Haven't played it since Jan of last year :<
Probably going to re-activate when I get home as I need a nice long break from League of Legends.

What shithole server is everyone on?
Gilgamesh

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The nice thing about a character-creation restricted server is that the gold spam seems to die off by about 4pm.