Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Still the old update time in the world apparently as I got nailed by rams voice when doing Go, Go, Gorgimera when leveling my monk class; even though I was well out.

RAAAAAGE...!!!
Always seemed to be a problem with huge boss Fates. Was doing Svara this morning with like 8 people and there was significant lag (abilities not firing and so on). I understand back at launch when there was like 100 people beating on it, but come on, with just two groups it should work fine.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So I just unlocked the SCH job and love it. It's turned boring low-level dungeons into frantic instances of "let's see if I can out DPS the actual DPS classes without the tank exploding!" The amount of damage I can pump out is absolutely ridiculous, especially in AoE thanks to being able to Adlo the tank before the pull and then do my 3 DoTs + Bane. Tanks hate me though, because I usually let their HP get down to about 30% before I pop out of Cleric Stance and start healing them, hehe.

I just wish Eos was more responsive. I'll be hammering on the Whispering Dawn key for like 5 seconds before she does it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Always seemed to be a problem with huge boss Fates. Was doing Svara this morning with like 8 people and there was significant lag (abilities not firing and so on). I understand back at launch when there was like 100 people beating on it, but come on, with just two groups it should work fine.
Never seen that happen since launch and ninja patch in newb zones. I've done Svara I don't know like 50times, both during offhours(1-2groups) and during main hours(20-40people) a few months ago and never had an issue with skills not firing or lag in general. I've tanked him a bunch too on these chars(better gear and chocobo that heals me so I don't care about threat, also leveling tanks) as well as kited him on bard and didn't notice any shenanigan in avoiding stuff.

On Eos, you can make her more responsive by doing macros that force her to cancel her current spell to cast her special stuff. I personally don't bother cause I rarely need to cast something RIGHT NOW, but it's doable. Generally, just cast it when you know damage is coming, or after if there's no risk, a 2-3secs delay from her finishing her normal heal isn't going to matter much.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Don't hammer, the pets queue skills so hit it once and go back to what you were doing.

So I just unlocked the SCH job and love it. It's turned boring low-level dungeons into frantic instances of "let's see if I can out DPS the actual DPS classes without the tank exploding!" The amount of damage I can pump out is absolutely ridiculous, especially in AoE thanks to being able to Adlo the tank before the pull and then do my 3 DoTs + Bane. Tanks hate me though, because I usually let their HP get down to about 30% before I pop out of Cleric Stance and start healing them, hehe.

I just wish Eos was more responsive. I'll be hammering on the Whispering Dawn key for like 5 seconds before she does it.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Uh, pretty sure the chimera "voice" attacks don't have indicators. Either somebody silences the cast or people die.
Ram's Voice and Dragon's Voice are just circular AOE's. You back a few feet away for ram's voice or hug him for dragon's voice as melee.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So are X-Dex pots easy/cheap to make? I am starting to get to the min/max stage on my NIN but there is no way I can afford the prices they are going for on the MB.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Generally, just cast it when you know damage is coming, or after if there's no risk, a 2-3secs delay from her finishing her normal heal isn't going to matter much.
It does when you're level 31 and too busy out DPSing the DPS classes to be bothered to heal. =P

So are X-Dex pots easy/cheap to make? I am starting to get to the min/max stage on my NIN but there is no way I can afford the prices they are going for on the MB.
I only ever use them on progression content when I know that we're wiping due to enrage. I never use them on farm content, except on T12 when pushing four bennus.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Is there some way to roll a character on the Gilgamesh server? I've tried for almost a week now and it's "not accepting new characters".

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having a ton of fun with this again just kind of cruising around catching up. I left during the initial 30days so I have 4(?) patches worth of story shit to catch up on and it's daunting the amount of content the devs have churned out in that time. Hope I can at least finish the story stuff prior to xpac. Gear is still shit (ilvl 62!) but can raise that once i unlock more story stuff I gather.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is there some way to roll a character on the Gilgamesh server? I've tried for almost a week now and it's "not accepting new characters".
Just transfer one of your existing characters over. You can do it at any time (except during maintenance).

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm on Excalibur and it took me 3 days of logging in around 6:30am central before I was finally able to create a character there. I assume Gilgamesh is the same way. If it's already locked by the time you try to login in the morning, you are pretty much screwed for the rest of the day.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Use the following website...http://worlds.nyxstudios.moe/

It'll notify you via e-mail when it isn't restricted. It isn't a perfect solution, but it might help. The best guidance is to check during off-hours, very early morning on weekdays tends to work for most restricted servers.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, in Patch 2.1. The server originally updated your character's position once very 0.3 seconds at release. In 2.1, the applied fix reduced it to 0.1 seconds in all high-level content, trials and PvP.
God bless....tell me they made global cool downs like 20% faster or so and i'll start downloading right now! (my poor keyboard...smashing provoke over and over as the healers died; first game I focused my 2 box to be a tank and it was such a painful experience). Have they hinted at any changes that the expansion is going to bring as far as how significant power creep is going to be and new abilities? Is it like WoW power creep where like a few levels in greens completely destroy the gear you worked 100's of hours to get or at least a bit more balanced like EQ was back in the day where top end raid gear had some level of staying power. Guessing we don't know at this point but sure would be nice.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
God bless....tell me they made global cool downs like 20% faster or so and i'll start downloading right now! (my poor keyboard...smashing provoke over and over as the healers died; first game I focused my 2 box to be a tank and it was such a painful experience). Have they hinted at any changes that the expansion is going to bring as far as how significant power creep is going to be and new abilities? Is it like WoW power creep where like a few levels in greens completely destroy the gear you worked 100's of hours to get or at least a bit more balanced like EQ was back in the day where top end raid gear had some level of staying power. Guessing we don't know at this point but sure would be nice.
My money is on i130 gear (highest raid/tomestone armor and accessories) will be the Darklight equivalent, but that's strictly a guess on my part.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My money is on i130 gear (highest raid/tomestone armor and accessories) will be the Darklight equivalent, but that's strictly a guess on my part.
My guess is that level 60 vendor gear will most likely completely outclass any level 50 raid gear.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On weekdays Gilgamesh is pretty routinely open for character creation between 6am-8am Central.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Use the following website...http://worlds.nyxstudios.moe/

It'll notify you via e-mail when it isn't restricted. It isn't a perfect solution, but it might help. The best guidance is to check during off-hours, very early morning on weekdays tends to work for most restricted servers.
Thanks man that worked. I was able to create a character on Gilgamesh after they emailed me.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I started up again too after only playing the first month. Went from ilvl 60 (wearing the AK gear lol) to ilvl 90 in a day and a half, can do World of Darkness now at least for 120 (110?) gear. I think the hard part is going to be catching up on the damn story. When you get to the parts that say "Queue for this specific dungeon that nobody runs anymore" I just want to rage delete my character because DPS queues are sad pants. And no I don't have a Free Company.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Main story quests usually aren't that bad, as they drop ponies and other shit that even max geared raid players sort of chase after. That, and farming the "lights" for one of the relic stages goes faster if you do non-endgame 8mans. But yeah, being DPS is going to suck and the only thing that will really make it unsuck is to make friends with a healer or tank. Or a healer and a tank, and then your life is cake.

WoD is 120 ilvl, and you should definitely get your story to that and past so that you can unlock the weekly, which will let you get an ilvl 130 weapon in a couple of weeks. It isn't main story quest and it really just involves clearing labyrinth/st/wod once each to unlock, then you just do all 3 again each week for the quest. The queue time for those, especially the first couple of days after a reset, are quick even for dps comparatively.