Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the minfilia part at the end was hilarious. With Yda looking at her like "WTF bitch!".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Thancred part is especially hilarious cause of the old gif:

i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

thancredvck4g.gif

It's really nicely done stuff.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Minfillia's main job is standing in places where important stuff happens. She doesn't actually do anything, but by god she'll stand around watching others do it.

That video was pretty much amazing.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Steps of Faith trial is pretty lame using Duty Finder - that will be a big cockblock for people trying to catch up for story for expansion. Took me like 5 DF parties until I got one that stuck around long enough to learn the encounter and beat it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, it isn't good at all. It definitely requires more than one attempt for the new, and the other people have no patience for the new learning stuff.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Steps of Faith trial is pretty lame using Duty Finder - that will be a big cockblock for people trying to catch up for story for expansion. Took me like 5 DF parties until I got one that stuck around long enough to learn the encounter and beat it.
It's a real shame because it's a pretty cool encounter that works well with the story, but yeah huge bottleneck that will only get worse the older it gets. I would like to see them add a rare mount or glamour drop or something that might incentivize people to not auto-abandon instantly, but it's more likely they will just nerf it instead.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
The problem isn't that it's difficult as it is just knowing the mechanics. What makes it bad though is a combination of people having limited patience for other party members they meet once in DF to learn the mechanics compounded with the long reset time once the fight has reached it's generally inevitable conclusion with new people.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The problem isn't that it's difficult as it is just knowing the mechanics. What makes it bad though is a combination of people having limited patience for other party members they meet once in DF to learn the mechanics compounded with the long reset time once the fight has reached it's generally inevitable conclusion with new people.
Oh I agree completely. When I predict it getting nerfed, I don't mean based on difficulty. In truth, much more the shame.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been working towards getting the trophy for 1000 completed leves and only realized recently that grand company leves don't count. Consider me rustled!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I admit this game stole my soul. First because I know pretty much nothing about its lore, so everything is new from my point of view and second because it's gorgeous, it's a pleasure to be running around in the different zones.
This been said I know that I have 2 months to "catch up" so to say, at least to be xpack ready, because I'm not sure I'll find a lot of company to do older stuff when everyone is busy with the new stuff, especially those mandatory story steps. Granted that I plan to join a nice guild, but I can't impose to people eager to run the new shit to carry me though old stuff (unless it's very quick).
To make a short story even shorter, I planned to level one job only and do all the story with it, then maybe do a second one later on. Both WHM and BLM are very cool and for what I read around the web, no class is a pariah and all are welcome in parties and raids, healer having an advantage in queue times is a given, that's true, but BLM has a fun mechanic and can do good AE dps if I got that right (which is always fun).

A question: do the new classes start from scratch or are they special unlocks?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Starts at level 30, special unlocks apparently from having finished the storyline quest up through 2.55 content since apparently you need to go to the main expansion city to get them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The starting at 30 bit is great cause I really hated the first 30 levels. It means you only do a couple of hours of Costa fates, and then straight to Coerthas FATE train, which tend to be way more efficient than everything before it. Though in the end, it doesn't save you much time since 1-30 is pretty quick.

Also means you'll probably start with a bunch of skills at once, rather than with like 2skills you end up spamming for 30levels, like dragoons and paladins and shit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The starting at 30 bit is great cause I really hated the first 30 levels. It means you only do a couple of hours of Costa fates, and then straight to Coerthas FATE train, which tend to be way more efficient than everything before it. Though in the end, it doesn't save you much time since 1-30 is pretty quick.

Also means you'll probably start with a bunch of skills at once, rather than with like 2skills you end up spamming for 30levels, like dragoons and paladins and shit.
Or white mages. You know, stone2. Forever. =/

Also, blue elezen > *, where * is anything that isn't a blue elezen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Or white mages. You know, stone2. Forever. =/
Yeah WHM is awful for leveling, especially since it never changes. Good thing is you get fast queues so you can just run dungeons when you get bored of Stone II.

Ran the benchmark, 11k score with DX11, says Extremely High, so I guess I'm good. I haven't updated my Nvidia drivers in forever too so should probably get a bunch more once they optimize it for Heavensward.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game has a beautiful engine, just wish the game itself was less.. Japan. Pulled a 10232 on 1440p with only a 970 card.