Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Congrats.

I got my Nexus weapon today too, and the dungeon piece from Aurum vale on the FIRST try for the Zodiac. This was truly an auspicious day.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Congrats.

I got my Nexus weapon today too, and the dungeon piece from Aurum vale on the FIRST try for the Zodiac. This was truly an auspicious day.
Dzemazel is still there. I was very happy to get Dzemazel on first run and AV only took like 4, those 2 are definitely the worst of the bunch due to being lower than 50. That said, I still took a bunch of runs for some other shit. Not as bad as some people in my FC though, one guy took 35+runs on 3 of the drops. Like, worst fucking luck ever.

And grats on T13, pretty fast kill.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Got my nexus and got burned out really quick on Zodiac, but i think thats just because i had been working on relic for months.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So for someone who only played this up to level 20 on a single class and wants to come back and do tanking (and maybe DPS), how is it best to get back into this?

For instance I was levelling maruader (or warrior, I forget the classes), but I know I needed to level up paladin a bit to get some skills. What skills are must-haves for tanks? Any word on how good of a tank DRK will be?

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I only have my Zenith weapon and currently using the upgraded weathered to 110. Should I even bother continuing the relic or is it just a time sink before the xpac? Assuming its easier to get a higher ilvl weapon than doing the grind? Not sure what to do at this point. I'm a returning player and been catching up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only have my Zenith weapon and currently using the upgraded weathered to 110. Should I even bother continuing the relic or is it just a time sink before the xpac? Assuming its easier to get a higher ilvl weapon than doing the grind? Not sure what to do at this point. I'm a returning player and been catching up.
I'm in your exact position and I'm not going to bother with it personally. I know some people are doing it just to have the glamour. But there will supposedly be new relic type quest with the expansion, with people who have the final current relic getting some kind of "Bonus" to help them with the new one. Most speculate it will probably be something along the lines of being able to skip 1 or 2 small-medium steps(Like the people had when they went from 1.0 to ARR), but nothing too great.

Granted it also helps I plan to switch to machinist asap, so no point do relics for something I am not going to play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So for someone who only played this up to level 20 on a single class and wants to come back and do tanking (and maybe DPS), how is it best to get back into this?

For instance I was levelling maruader (or warrior, I forget the classes), but I know I needed to level up paladin a bit to get some skills. What skills are must-haves for tanks? Any word on how good of a tank DRK will be?
Well best way to get back into it is to just play the game, get to cap, do the content, buy gear with the rewards and clear everything, there's not much to it, progression is pretty smooth.

If you play warrior, you do need paladin to 22 or whatever, to get Provoke. This is basically taunt. It's not like absolutely needed for normal dungeons but it's definitely great. Other than that you want monk to like 12 or whatever, for a few defensive skills, but that's pretty quick.

No one knows anything specific about the new classes, so definitely not wether or not they'll be good, but current balance is good so it's a good sign.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Congrats.

I totally lucksacked Aurum Vale as my 1-run-only dungeon on BOTH the Zodiacs I'm working on (Nirvana, which is done; Last Resort, to finish by 3.0). Darkhold is probably going to be my problem child this time like Halatali HM was last time.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider

No leaving the WoW minivan noodle.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sadly, I can't play this game anymore
frown.png
I want to, I love it, just no time. I ended up getting Supras for like every craft, and was looking forward to all the new stuff then.. meh.. whatever. Hopefully I'll get to play again though, it sounds like a blast
biggrin.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm looking for the best deal on purchasing this as a digital PS4 copy. Does Amazon not sell one? They have the game on sale for $20, but only the hard copy I think. If I go through the PSN store, it's $30. Since I already own it on PC, I'm trying to find it for $20 as a digital copy on PS4. Anyone got any insight? In the end it's $10 extra, but trying to avoid it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can you not purchase a key directly from Square for PS4 if you already have a ps3/pc account? I thought that was possible.

Could call Gamestop/Wal Marts in your area. If they have physical copies, should be 20 bucks, and should be able to just activate the key in the box or something. I can't imagine them actually requiring the disc always be in the system, but they be cray cray so maybe I'm wrong.