Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

misery_sl

shitlord
WHM heals are strong as fuck.

Also, from my experiences with Bismarck EX, DRK seem to fucking explode. The snakes bust their asses like they are DPS compared to Paladins. The healers are constantly needing to spam half their HP in heals or more just to keep them up, while the rest of the group is taking damage as well. Just my experiences thus far with ilvl170+ geared players. As a healer, I am not impressed with many DRKs yet. Their HP pools just plain vanish too damn fast with heavy hitting content. I'm not a tank myself, so I can't explain this shit Have had 0 problems healing Paladins and Warriors, but fucking Dark Knights man...

I'm stuck on this bastard of a whale, and I can't get a PUG that can beat it on my server.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've definitely noticed that a bunch of 60 i170 drks are not normally tank players from doing the player search info checks. They may not be popping cooldowns appropriately or what not. I haven't messed with either of the extreme trials, as I'm playing Bob the Builder with all my crafters/gatherers sans fisherman. But while they appear to do more damage than the other tanks, they take substantially more than either other tank as well. I'm slowly working one up so I can get hands on, as I've played warrior to cap and paladin to 45 or something in vanilla, so at least I'm familiar with the gameplay type.

Either way, I've come to the conclusion that all the new classes need some balancing shit done with them, because they have issues that with the current number of players in statics (8) it is hard to argue for adding any of them in and being either a 1:1 replacement or an improvement in any real way. Drks die too fast, Machinists don't do enough damage (and don't add enough from support abilities) and Astrologians are apparently not as good at any of the things they do as either of the other healers.

Like a bunch of hybrids without having key abilities that make them useful (SK's HT, Paladin's class specific HP buff, Ranger's ability to die in place of useful classes, etc) while also having restrictive group sizes. Not sure what to say about it, really. The debuffs they get that do not stack with other class debuffs is another issue, especially when they aren't 1:1 replacements.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So what will "endgame" look like in the next month or so? Alex it? Do they put in hard mode dungeons or any new trials?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what will "endgame" look like in the next month or so? Alex it? Do they put in hard mode dungeons or any new trials?
Well next tuesday they're releasing Alex normal, which should be a fairly easy raid. Then 2weeks later, they're released Savage Alex which will be like typical hard mode raid stuff, as well as esoterics tomes for everyone else. After that, you'll probably have to wait for 2.1 to actually get new content, which assuming they're on track(but who knows), will be in september or so. Following their normal pattern, this will have another raid(use to be CT for casuals, don't know what's their plans), another primal with an EX version and some new dungeons for EXDR(generally it's 2 hard modes of existing dungeons+1 new one, hard modes being fairly different than normal mode, they just reuse assets but it's all new content otherwise). Plus side shit.

Needless

Toe Sucker
whatever you feel more comfortable with? i think you can technically use a controller on the PC if you really wanted lol

I find PC 1000x better than console and i've played both

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can't seem to break away from this game, it pulls me back but then I never do anything in it. Lawlz Lawllerz is in game name, playing a WHM around lvl 45 currently, just resubbed and picked up the xpac today. If the forum still has an active anything on Gilgamesh, feel free to hit me up. Or don't. Whatever. I'm not the most active player, obviously since I'm still not even max level for the core game, much less the xpac, but if I had some peeps to play with, prolly be more active at least for the next month or two. Once school kicks back in can't make any promises on daily or even weekly activity, but whatever.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Kinda hope the content gets harder. I haven't looked up any strats for 4 man stuff and I've wiped like twice 1-59. Ravenna was annoying because pugs are bad but got Bismarck in two tries.

Really dig the story. Hoping there's enough there at the cap to make it last a bit though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Kinda hope the content gets harder. I haven't looked up any strats for 4 man stuff and I've wiped like twice 1-59. Ravenna was annoying because pugs are bad but got Bismarck in two tries.

Really dig the story. Hoping there's enough there at the cap to make it last a bit though.
Bismarck and Ravana Ex are both very challenging. (Ravana especially is extremely unforgiving.)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Cleared and farmed Ravana Ex today. I had to play it on my NIN because he had better weapons than my MNK (I'm switching my main to MNK), and both of them had low item levels (around i150). Had to REALLY push my DPS in order to pull my weight, but I succeeded!

I got 6 Hive tokens and the i190 NIN daggers. Four more tokens, and I'll have my MNK claws and I can start playing MNK exclusively. =)

It's bittersweet, actually. I love NIN way more but my static is probably going to need MNK's INT debuff.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Bismark EX is not challenging. It's a gear check. You attack things that are alive. Get in the center if the sky is a certain color. Like retards could do it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Bismarck EX is not even a gear check, it can be beaten in ilvl 160. The problem is that most DPS in this game are complete morons. I am a bit bitter since I've been trying to beat it for the past week, but have been tripped up by a constant parade of crappy DPS being outdamaged by the tanks.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem is that most DPS in this game are complete morons.
That's true for every game
biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I've been trying to pug Bismark EX but no luck so far, most of the DPS are terrible and whenever I get semi decent DPS, they still can't do the other mechanics(like don't fucking stack on me/the tank during lightning, stand in the center during wind). Best I've gotten was 11%, and I was still 200DPS ahead of the next guy. In fact I haven't really been outdpsed so far on my monk, even when I was running stuff at i157. Had some shit bard tell me I was too low ilvl for bismark at the time, while the idiot was doing 350DPS in full law. Annoying cause he keeps popping up in PF groups for bismark EX so I have to avoid those where he's in.

A lot of the DPS just can't even do their old rotations properly, it's fucking sad. Like I could get you having trouble to adapt to new shit, but a lot can't even do the shit they were supposed to have been doing in 2.0 for 2years. But eh no big deal, I'll probably wait for my FC to clear people and get a ride on one of these, I don't care too much, reason why I'm not in a static. I would like to do Ravanah EX though instead of stupid Bismark which takes like 3minutes to learn the entire fight since it's so simple.

Anyway for people who don't read news/the launcher, Alexander teaser video:

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Finally started the HW stuff this morning after leveling mch & astro to 50. God damn the hp on trash mobs is retarded.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Well, for Bismarck EX I am finally at the point where I going to start kicking people that don't know how to DPS. Issue is, Square-Enix looks down on people who use parsers to kick. I am at my wits end. I guess I just won't mention the parser and say I looked at the battle logs. Any advice in this realm?

On that note, here is a really stupid question: Is it possible that DPS is too complicated? It seems that the gulf between a good DPS and a bad DPS in FFXIV is larger than other MMOs.